+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Where do you rate S7?

This was my favorite BECAUSE of Rupert... I think he is great and I can't wait to see him in the allstars game. Other fave is the first Survivor, I was rooting for Richard.
    :

I am not afraid of dying....I just don't want to be there when it happens!

I did not start watching Survivor until the second season. I keep hearing that the first was the best because no one knew what to expect. However, with only seasons 2-7 to pick from.....Survivorearl Islands has been my favorite. The season flew by...enjoyed it so much that I never had the feeling of "come on get on with it". I have never in my life became so emotionally involved in a television show that I found myself yelling at the television until we met Jon, Burton, and Lil.

I like them all for one reason or another so I suppose I will put them in tiers instead. MB must know what he is doing because the Pearl Islands moved up my list because of the finish. A Darrah or Lil win would have proven the twists ruined the game somewhat, but Sandra came through in the end.

Top tier: Amazon: great villains, unpredictable although the Jenna win was disappointing.
    Pearl Islands: so many surprises, not only in the twists but in the boots. Satisfying finish, and overall perhaps some of the most memorable characters.
    Pulau Tiga: the original and the basis for all future comparisions. A lot has changed since then but they paved the way.
    Outback: some of my favorite characters, but Michael getting burned changed the entire game. The players still had some kinks to work out as strategy was still a work in progress.

Bottom tier: Marquesas: I still liked this one a lot, and the big turn around is perhaps my favorite Survivor moment. The V win hurt this one, and I disliked some of the players quite a bit too.
    Africa: good characters, but a lot of hate. The younger players screwed up bigtime and the setting didn't allow a lot of good challenges or even food.
    Thailand: no one had a clue the entire game except Brian and when Jan wouldn't listen to Helen's offer in the final 4, it was all over. The younger players deserved to go early in this one for many reasons, but a lot of excitement left as well.
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by chompstick
    I'm just curious...what is it about S2 that some of you liked so much? I thought it was good (certainly much better than S3, S4, S5) but not my favorite. I keep seeing it listed as many people's favorite and wondering what the draw was.
    I'd say on average, most of us really liked the cast, I actually came out and said it! Kucha is the best tribe ever! I loved so many of the people on it, well not Kimmi and and Debb, but liking 6 other people is really pretty good, I'd say!

It seems that we have come to the conclusion that it's all about the players. The twists are fun, but the thing that seperates the best from the rest are the players and the way they interact.

Even though the 1st Survivor was a novelty, there were some very interesting people IMO:

Richard - the mastermind, figured out how the game is played before the producers even knew; created the "alliance" and the "fishing strategy"; was great at dealing with people, and was naked all the time which made for an interesting subplot

Rudy - One of the most loved survivors of all time. He was just a no-nonsense type of guy. Didn't know how to play the game, but you loved him anyways

Susan - Greatest speach in survivor history. Need I say more. The hate and venom that spewed through her veins is something to be admired.

Gervace - Loveable lazy survivor. Never did crap. However, he had a nice and interesting personality which kept him around.

Sean - the stupid doctor? Yes, he is a Neurologist, and yes he is really that stupid. Fun guy, loveable.

Colleen - the cute girl (i guess every survivor has one of these)

Jenna - I don't know. People seemed to like her though?!?!

ps. On a side note, if you want to shout at the TV watch the next paradise hotel. I honestly was pissed every single time I watched Paradise Hotel. Unlike Survivor, there is actually no redeeming qualities about that show but it's great...even though you'll get pissed off watching it.

A lot of my excitement from the shows comes from who I enjoyed them with. The first one, I LOVED and talked about it with all my co-workers and friends.

So:
    1. Palua Tiga - It was great just learning the game, and being surprised at what they would do each week, and what it was all about.

2. Australian Outback - because it was still new, they suffered a lot (the flood, the horrible accident with Michael), made for great drama with Jerri, and because I discussed it with really fun co-workers and friends.

3. Pearl Islands - The twists were so dramatic! And the characters were so distinct here. Also loved having them chucked overboard with nothing but the clothes on their backs. And go ahead and stone me but I thought the return of the outcasts was highly entertaining.

4. Africa - I liked the "old versus young" ugliness that added to the drama, and it was the first Survivor with a twist, i.e. the tribal switcheroo. Some of it was boring, but I still liked that twist, and I was happy when Ethan won.

5. Amazon - I liked the whole men vs. women twist, but found an unusually high amount of unlikable players (to me anyway). Also it was so dark and dreary in the jungle.

6. Marquesas - Not excited about Vee winning, wanted Kathy to win. And I'll agree with Wolf, "I loved how the weaker ones grouped together to bring down John's empire." It was the first time they sort of "duh!! gee!!" got together and realized they were about to be picked off, and did something about it after seeing that coconut game. I hated both Rob and Sean, but I did enjoy the commercials where they used the Godfather music and fonts over Rob's words.

7. Thailand - was so annoyed with Jan I can't begin to tell you (towards the end when she just agreed to come in 3rd when she would have had a shot otherwise. :rolleyes) Not a fan of Brian or Clay.
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

Quote Originally Posted by Lil_Cutie
    Kucha is the best tribe ever! I loved so many of the people on it, well not Kimmi and and Debb, but liking 6 other people is really pretty good, I'd say!

Wow. That wasn't even my favorite tribe from that Survivor! LoL! I hated Nick (can't remember why, but he did something), hated Jeff, can't remember Alicia but don't think I liked her. Debb is quite possibly the most worthless survivor ever. Michael was great but he fell in the fire (and then changed from evil to religious..wth!?!?) Rodger and Elizabeth were nice though.

On the other side, Kel was kicked early (worthless). Who cares about Maralyn? Mitchell was a waste of space that reminded me of Shawn Bradley. I could do without Tina and Keith but Amber/Colby/Jerri made that the better tribe. (i guess i don't like that many people period)

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil_Cutie
    S5 because it was a terrible season. The twist ended up being the undoing of the two favorites I had and the F4 was horribly predictable and that F2 was the worst F2 to date. I hated Brian yet I cheered for him to win because I hated Clay so much more.
    Actually i love the bitter jury and i think the final show was the only saving grace to this rather terrible group of people. Even though i rate S5 the worst show ever, the final 4 was maybe the best ending episode ever(only challenged by S4 and S1). I think one real big thing that could have shanged my opinion of this show is if they actually let the tribes merge together and Shii Ann turned on her tribemates. It would have sent the show into a wirlwind, but hindsite is 20/20.

LoL! I hated Nick (can't remember why, but he did something), hated Jeff, can't remember Alicia but don't think I liked her. Debb is quite possibly the most worthless survivor ever. Michael was great but he fell in the fire (and then changed from evil to religious..wth!?!?) Rodger and Elizabeth were nice though.
    Nick basically got really bad editing, he basically was in a fight with Darrah from this year for least edited survivor. Whenever they did show him, they showed him being lazy(which all interviews after said it was a case of bad editing). As for Rodger and Liz i found both to be boring.

1. Austrailian Outback - the characters were interesting (still missing Michael Scupin), the environment added to the excitement (rather than making it boring i.e. Africa), and the challenges were exciting because they hadn't been overused yet. That Tina won is a slight drawback to a great season. Stupid, bitter Jerri.
    3 other people voted to Tina, how does that make Jerri bitter, she voted for the person who she thought played the best game and in that regards i agree with her(and i hated Tina).
    Last edited by CharlaFan; 12-16-2003 at 05:38 PM.

This Survivor

Best.Survivor.Ever

Thanks Rupert and Sandra!!!!

FORT Fogey
    Actually i love the bitter jury and i think the final show was the only saving grace to this rather terrible group of people. Even though i rate S5 the worst show ever, the final 4 was maybe the best ending episode ever(only challenged by S4 and S1). I think one real big thing that could have shanged my opinion of this show is if they actually let the tribes merge together and Shii Ann turned on her tribemates. It would have sent the show into a wirlwind, but hindsite is 20/20.
    It was so predictable and therefore is the worst F4 show ever. I didn't like anyone of the people in the F4, first time ever! I didn't even wanna turn on the TV for it, but I did and thought the episode sucked. It was obvious that if Helen didn't win F4 immunity she was going and obviously Jan wouldn't be able to win the F3 immunity which meant that she was going! And I figured that Brian would win over Clay, he wasn't as sleezy. I've never been able to predict where the F4 will finish but I knew it from the moment that Ted got the boot at F5. Helen was a fool for not realizing that Brian was playing her.

Bitter jury? Huh? That jury wasn't bitter, this was a case of lesser of two evils and who played better. Brian was by far the better of the 2 players and therefore he won.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast