+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Where do you rate S7?

Are these spots becoming? chompstick's Avatar
    I loved this season, mainly because of Rupert, but also because of lots of backstabbing and alliance switching. The initial "nothing but the clothes on your back" twist was great. And finally, a deserving AND likeable winner which we haven't seen in a while.

I loved S6, except for the final.

S1, because it's a classic, and they'll never be another Rudy (I dunno!)

Quote Originally Posted by chompstick
    I loved this season, mainly because of Rupert, but also because of lots of backstabbing and alliance switching. The initial "nothing but the clothes on your back" twist was great. And finally, a deserving AND likeable winner which we haven't seen in a while.

I loved S6, except for the final.

S1, because it's a classic, and they'll never be another Rudy (I dunno!)

This was the most interesting Survivor since S1. S1 will always be my favorite because it was first. This one was a very, very close second though!
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

This season was by far, my favorite. It was the first time that somone I was rooting for, won. I wanted either Rupert or Sandra to win from the first. I loved every single minute of this season, including the outcast twist.

FORT Fan
    I may be in the minority here, but really I liked Rupert at first, but the longer the series went on, the more I disliked him. Personally, since we was sent packing to the jury, he has become nothing but a cry baby. (And what about his over-the-top-whou-is-me final statements?) Why was Rupert jumping all over runner-up Lill about lying? For someone who seemed to love the pirate aspect of the series, would a pirate lie? Would a pirate steal another pirate's supplies (like Rupert did on the very first episode)? Answer: yes to both questions.

Anyway, back on topic, my list of "Survivor" seasons, best to worst:

1. Palua Tiga (orignal, and still the best)
    2. Australian Outback (second season)
    3. Marquesas (fourth season, even with lackluster winner Vecepia)
    4. Pearl Islands (seventh season)
    5. Amazon (sixth season)
    6. Africa (third season, and worst season ever...until Thailand)
    7. Thailand (fifth season, and hands-down worst season ever)

If Rupert does indeed make the "All-Star" season 8 cast (which should include all-time favorite players Richard Hatch and Sue Hawk), maybe he'll take to heart some of the lessons he said he learned from the "Pearl Islands".

Up Where They Belong SurvivorGirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jpoliver
    I may be in the minority here, but really I liked Rupert at first, but the longer the series went on, the more I disliked him.
    Me too. We didn't really get to know that many of the other people on the show. Survivor just turned into "The Rupert Show." I think I just disliked him because I was sick of him.

I know I already said S7 was the best, but here's a list (excluding S1 because I didn't watch it.)

1. Pearl Islands (I liked the pirate theme and the people were more interesting.)
    2. Marquesas
    3. Africa (I liked it because I taped most of the season and watched it over and over and came to like it.)
    4. Outback (Didn't watch most of it.)
    5. Amazon
    6. Thailand(This season was so bad that I considered not watching Survivor anymore.)

FORT Fogey
    I guess i am in the minority thinking S6: the amazon was great. I thought all the contestants were interesting, it had a great twist(girl vs boys) and had alot of great turns to keep me guessing. I was probably lucky i never read the spoiler it would be matt and jenna f2 though.

I think alot of people were turned off in the final outcome and rate it lower then it should be.

I'd rate this season more like 4th or 5th.

I thought it had an awesome start and loved the pirate theme. But the outcast twist was a bad idea done horribly. And then the final 4 immunity twist sucked as well. Both twists had the deck stacked so the outcome was pretty much predetermined. This was too contrived. Let them play and see what happens.

And that lame treasure chest they found with their reward maps?

Loved Jeff's new attitude, the first twist of dropping them off with nothing but some money, and the reward including looting. And of course, Rupert.

I like this season the more than any other and I hated it more than any other.

Great characters in the game, second all time favorite Darrah, my most hated Lill. and thats not even the ones everybody else talks about.
    The starting with nothing but the clothes on you back idea.
    Pirates play with cool props.
    Tribal alliances made show less predictable

Horrible twists, shopping let players end up having more to start with the any other group, food was never a problem, except a couple days for morgan.
    Outcasts,
    anti-Darrah IC, that was so rigged it was the jury get Imunity.
    Basic changes in strategy eliminating stronger players even more quickly.

I rate it 3 or 4th behind
    Africa (My main man, Please be on AS)
    Outback
    Tied with Amazon
    All the world needs a common thread, soccer, soccer, soccer
    TASAIL !!! ETHAN still #1!!! DISC Go Jon & Kris on TAR

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlaFan
    I guess i am in the minority thinking S6: the amazon was great. I thought all the contestants were interesting, it had a great twist(girl vs boys) and had alot of great turns to keep me guessing. I was probably lucky i never read the spoiler it would be matt and jenna f2 though.

I think alot of people were turned off in the final outcome and rate it lower then it should be.
    I absolutely agree with you. The fact that Jenna (definately not the most deserving person) won the million dollars during the "Amazon" season is a big (really, big) reason why I ranked it 5th. If you can exclude the winner, "Amazon" would jump up to 2nd or 3rd. Although, it would be a pretty hard choice between "Amazon" and "Marquesas".

By the way, a big reason why I rank "Marquesas" so highly is because it came after (in my opinion) a rather dull season in "Africa". Also, it was the first season since the first to be set on a small island. (Some may say that Australia and Africa are just really BIG islands.)

Quote Originally Posted by emjoi
    I've got to say I've really enjoyed this series.
    Strong, interesting characters. More than the generic muscle boys and cutie girls.
    As an environment, Panama was no big deal. The usual deserted islands, not too grueling on the players. The Pirate stuff was a mild amusement.

So where do you place it compared to the other series?
    This season (S7) was definately my favorite, but followed VERY CLOSE with original (S1) and the Outback (S2) tied for second place.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast