+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: proposed twists for future series

proposed twists for future series

i would like to see a cast made up of pairs of people. siblings, couples, friends, cousins whatever. split the couples up for the two tribes. contestants would have no guarantees on getting their partner back after the merge but those that did have a surviving partner would really screw with the overall strategies of the game. jeff would have a ball teasing people with info about their partners during tribal councils. tribe vs tribe competitions would have an interesting dynamic as well.

I would still like to see a celebrities edition. I know they had scrapped plans, instead to do an All Star edition because they couldn't get enough celebrities.

How about this though: All Stars vs. Celebrities. The problem with having celebrities is that their hearts may not be in it, and they want to be pandered too (ie Celebrity Mole). Survivor isn't like that, and although Celebrity Boot Camp was no easy ride, I'm sure that Survivor would want bigger name celebrities than "Bud Bundy".

to a Celebrity Survivor. I'm sick of "celebrity" editions of game shows. They are never as good as the ones with "everyday" people.

oddball - I like your idea for pairs & splitting them up! The only problem might be when it comes to a jury. If one or both of the final two have their other half on the jury.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by holly71
    :The only problem might be when it comes to a jury. If one or both of the final two have their other half on the jury.

that's the beauty of it tho. another layer to the levels of strategy.

FORT Fogey
    the problem with pairs will be thee will probably be no sexual tension between the players

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    I personally liked the jury being able to win immunity, and wouldn't be surprised if it's done at F3 instead of F4 next time - or throughout every TC, using booted players to steal immunity at TC.

FORT Fan
    I must say that the "couples" idea is a great one. If producer Mark Burnett really wanted to shake things up, he would go for it. For instance, relatives and/or love ones would be competing against each other at tribal immunity challenges. If Relative A's tribe won, Relative B may get voted out, and if Relative A's tribe lost, they themselves could be gone.

As far the concern that a relative or loved one may be one jury: that would be just one vote. What about the other six? Usually, is every "Survivor" season, the final two have had a least one vote (or friend) on the jury to count on.

A "Couples Survivor" would also provide some excellent strategies and alliances. For starters, you would have a built-in alliance (or one would hope). You could have two pairs of siblings create an alliance, and so on and so forth. Also, there would still be some sexual tension. If there is a boyfriend/girlfriend (or boyfriend/boyfriend or girlfriend/girlfriend) couple, either one could get a wandering eye, perhaps causing friction if the two are reunited in a merge along with the "third (or fourth) wheel".

I can only think of two drawbacks: first, if both halves of a couple of in the final two and second, would be another CBS reality series. The Emmy winning, but under-appreciated "The Amazing Race" which pairs a couple of relatives, friends, or loved ones together in a race around the world. A fourth season is coming in spring or summer '04 on CBS. Although future editions are questionable, the network may not want to have the couple-themed "Race" and "Couples Survivor" on at the same time.

Someone get "oddballgeek" Mark Burnett's phone number. This could be a million dollar "Survivor" idea.
    Last edited by jpoliver; 12-15-2003 at 10:21 PM.

But wouldn't it break the tradition of '16 stragers' forced to work together? actually I perfer at it is now

Amazing Race contestants on survivor and survivor contestants on the race.
    Split the teams up so one member of each team is on each tribe.
    I want a chance at it.

Who would Steve partner up with Josh Lill?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast