+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What will you do if the Finale is Pre-empted?

FORT Regular

What will you do if the Finale is Pre-empted?

With this morning's news of Saddam Hussein's capture, there is a remote chance that CBS might preempt tonite's finale to air "ongoing coverage" of the news story. Knowing how networks like to compete in these big news story coverage, I wouldn't rule out the possibitlity of the finale being completely pre-empted or starting late "already in progress".

If this happens, how will you all deal with it?

CBS won't pre-empt Survivor, which has become the highest-rated show on its network, for news that's being hashed out all day (i.e. it's not "breaking).

But the snowstorm in the East might cause some problems.

FORT Regular
    60 minutes is on immediately before Survivor. It's possible Dan Rather could ramble on with a special report about today's events.

What would I do?

15 lb. sledgehammer + television rehashing news = ...

I'll let you figure that one out.

If anything makes me miss even a second of tonight's show, I will seriously FREAK OUT! Oh, arghhh, mateys, it's true. I bet John's right about CBS valuing their Survivor audience too much to Saddam us, but the weather is looking all rotten again and I know how much my local CBS loves to trot out the weather guy in a blizzard, usually looking freezing and miserable, saying "Stay home". Better not happen! This has been the best season since S1.
    Et in Arcadia Ego

I'll have a freaking tantrum like a 3 year old! :crybaby Especially if they let their precious football games run all day long without interruption (and they probably will) & only interrupt MY ( ) show!!!
    Like John said, they have all day to cover it, so let's hope they use just a teeny tiny bit of sense & courtesy for once.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by SpyRI
    If anything makes me miss even a second of tonight's show, I will seriously FREAK OUT! Oh, arghhh, mateys, it's true. I bet John's right about CBS valuing their Survivor audience too much to Saddam us, but the weather is looking all rotten again and I know how much my local CBS loves to trot out the weather guy in a blizzard, usually looking freezing and miserable, saying "Stay home". Better not happen! This has been the best season since S1.

UGH! I HATE when weather people do that crap! "STAY HOME" Duh, If you are seeing their annoying report, then you ARE HOME!!! And if bad weather is coming, just do the worm across the bottom of the screen for crying out loud! We don't need to see the dumb map to get it. We aren't morons who can't figure out if we are East or West of a storm. I think they must get bonuses for every extra minute of airtime they can squeeze for themselves.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

I think Saddam gave up just so he can watch the finale tonight.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    I think Saddam gave up just so he can watch the finale tonight.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

And it wouldn't surprise me if he's cheering for Jon.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast