+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Episode 10 discussion thread ***Spoilers****

I personally wouldn't want to see Ted or Jan win, but anyone else left would be acceptable.

Clay has a good strategy, and has been shown to be playing the game full-on, with no guilt. While it's not my personal choice, I respect him for it as much as I did Richard. They're doing their thing, and doing it well. If he weren't such a horny wierdo, I might have a little more like for him.

Brian sees himself as king of Briania, but I think his kingdom is about to split on him. The only one he doesn't control is Jake, and Jake's going to get smart this week and give Helen and Jan the full-court press. Hell, he's leaving in 3 days, might as well shake things up as much as he can. Beware of the man with nothing left to lose.

Helen has actually played a pretty good game until now, but she needs to get some "me time" and calculate her odds of winning with each alliance. It's the only way she'll be able to see it clearly. If she stays caught up in everything going on around her, she won't make the smart choice.

I think Clay has a Napoleon Syndrome going on. He is always concerned with having power over people in the tribe. He is exceptionally condescending and has quite a few illusions as to his own power outside of Ted and Brian.

Brian reminds me of a car dealer more and more each day. He has the proper mind set to pull off the scheming all the way to the end as Rich Hatch did, and I think his plan to ally with Ted or Clay depending on the situation is brilliant.

He probably realizes by now that he can win a vote against Clay in the final two, but that a vote against Ted or Helen is a bit more problematic.

His only blind spot that I can see is his arrogance in thinking that he successfully deflected Jake's plotting.

Brian has the ability to make it through to the end via winning immunity though, so he has more margin for error than Clay does.

I am quite hopeful Jake will keep pushing. This show could get quite interesting if he can make any headway.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I don't think any of the CG's would want to go up against Jake in the finals just because I'm certain he would get all the SJ evictee votes...
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

I don't mind clay that bad. Some of the things he says are hilarious. But I'd rather not see him win the game.

Agreed Bravo, unless we see anunlikely immunity-sweep from Jake, I doubt he'd make the final 2, or even 4.

If the Brian & Clay Show gets old for everyone else, Jake will be in the final four. That's what I'm hoping for.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Jake can get to the final four if he can bust up the alliance in Chuay.

I agree that no one in their right mind would choose to take him to the final two, but if Jake can get to the final 3, he can have his own destiny in his hands.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

This has been a great thread. Everyone has such great insight and theories.

I think that Clay will self destruct. He's really cocky and is grating on everyone's nerves.

Jake has a great shot at immunity since everyone else thinks they're safe. What Clay doesn't see, that I think Brian DOES is that he's vulnerable should Jake win immunity. Clay is not the second coming of Richard Hatch. Once all of Sook Jai is gone, Clay is numero uno target.

I don't think it's a coincidence that the 2 people who Jake spoke to spared him. Clay and Brian had said that they wanted to oust Jake, but something happened where we weren't privy to, that turned the tables.

If Jake wins, he will be the best survivor EVER because he has NO allies whatsoever at this point. Fat lady hasn't sung yet.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

LG.
    Originally posted by Bill_in_PDX
    So you're a Clay fan LG?
    In a belated answer to Bill, yes, I am a Clay fan. Please see the "Help, I like all the annoying people this season" thread in the other reality tv forum for a thorough discussion of how I've gone to the dark side this season in rooting for Clay, Ian and Teri, and Helene. **cue Robin Leach voice -- And I Don't know Why????? Help me!**
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Originally posted by Wayner
    A agree with everything else you said in that post but this, Fluff.

Remember, Clay did say Brian had a nice ass.
    So he did, I forgot about that Wayner
    "That's Numberwang!"

Clay's game of telling everyone they're in the final four is excellent - as long as they don't all start talking to each other.He will have a lot of explaining to do if that happens.

The mere fact that he thinks he has the power to determine the final four annoys me.

His power position in the tribe depends entirely on the others not getting their act together and makes him similar in that respect to Rotu's John Carroll last season.
    I hope it won't be too long before Clay suffers the same fate as John.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread