+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Episode 10 discussion thread ***Spoilers****

LG.
    Ha, loved the Clay as Lucky picture, that's super. I think the challenge set-up for picking pairs with an odd number was really interesting tv as it made it perfectly clear to Jake and everyone else that he was really all alone, as not even sneaky Penny would partner with him. I felt a little bad for Jake, but not that bad, because I don't really care for him that much. I like Clay better. Ponderous, real ponderous.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Princess
    You don't like Jake and like Clay better, LG?!

Yesterday's show was really Clay's show I think - wich also makes me believe that he will be booted next time. I think he was a complete jerk, going on and on about how "in" and clever he was and how "out" and stupid Jake was. Ha - hope they'll kick your butt out to looser's lodge swiftly next time!

Anyone noticed Ted patting Clay's butt, btw? Ted sure has something for butts! Or was this a gesture of ridicule, meaning: "you think you are so clever, little man, but you have no idea... haha!".

Ultra Concealed Lurker Invisigoth's Avatar
    Originally posted by fluff
    Interesting, Clay and Brian did not vote the same way.

Jake voted for Jan
    Ted, Jan, Brian and Helen for Penny.
    Penny and Clay voted for Jake.
    Fluff, I don't think this points to a split.

The CG's deciced to vote for Penny (and who could blame them).
    Then Jake speaks out a tribal council that about how he is playing the game better than some of the CG's (or something like that).
    Clay changed his vote and told the confessional that it was because of Jakes statement.
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

I think Modesty may be on to something here in that Clay is getting a lot of camera time now. That can't be good.

On the otherhand, they are getting low on camera quality commentary and actions, so Clay will rise to the top.

If he gets it next week, then that means Jake made some inroads, and that makes for an exciting finish.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

I agree Invs... I think Clay changed his mind after Jake's speech. I think Brian is playing two alliances to help make sure he makes final four at least. I don't think Clay could have pulled Ted over the wall as easily as he did with Brian. Jake sure had it pointed out to him that he is a loner with the group, especially now that Penny is gone. I like Clay, I was rooting for him before the show started, and even though he does or says some things that make me feel that he screwed up, I still want him to go all the way, but I am not sure how good of an alliance he has with everyone to get there.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

I agree. I think Clay voting for Jake was just a 'screw you' vote. Clay thinks he's safe and can give a throwaway vote. Must just kill him that he couldn't get rid of Jake.

I'm also stunned. LG - you still like Clay? You and my friend walk alone. She just loves him!
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

I think we saw a side of Jake that will continue into next week.

He knows he has to stir the pot, and I suspect that he knew Penny was going, or he wouldn't have done it.

But, he took the opportunity to get the question of honestly on the table. It wasn't so much when he said he was competing as well as anyone there (which is true), it was the lead up to that comment about what the Chuay's had promised.

He knows that was just a story told to keep everyone happy, and that the Sook's were targets from day one, but I think he said to remind everyone on Chuay that they are indeed playing the game, as much as some would ignore it, and it is time to wake up....Helen and Jan...are you listening?
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.

Jake is really shrewd, I think. Boston Rob was a world-class pot stirrer, but he didn't necessarily make people think. Everything Jake said in Tribal Council was directed at someone to make them think about what they're doing in the game. The guy is coming off as freaking brilliant to me.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

I agree.

If Jake's team had been in the majority at the merge, I don't doubt that he would be the favorite to win. He knows the alliances and relationships inside and out.

His only mistake so far was to not tell Ted the names of who told him to vote that way.

Based on his track record though, I gotta believe he is holding that information on purpose.

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    I agree. I think Jake's actions and comments were almost flawless this week. I think his only mistake was not telling Ted who told them to vote against him. Other than that, the vote for Jan instead of Penny was smart because he gave Penny no reason at all to vote against him should he make the final two, and at this point, Jan hasn't said anything at all bad about Jake. He did a decent job of raising doubts and pointing out pecking orders to Ted and Helen, and his comment at TC about the Sook's was very shrewd indeed - as Bill pointed out. I love the fact that he isn't giving up, yet he didn't stoop to the desperate backstabbing form that Penny did. Still kicking myself for ever defending her to the folks here!

+ Reply to Thread