+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Your advice to future players

The muscle guys aren't the dangerous ones.
    Kill the weasles first.

PS, (Obvious Osten stab)... You get more food and less insect bites on Big Brother.
    Last edited by emjoi; 12-14-2003 at 08:24 PM.

FORT Regular
    Best advice is just lie, lie, lie. CBS has shown that it can pay off (and possibly win you a spot in an all-stars show.)

And don't worry about losing your integrity, because everyone will forgive you and just laugh about it in the end, and they will praise you as being a good player.

Now that Rupert has seen the light, I wonder if he will change his strategy in all-stars, and just lie his way through. If this is going to be the trend for future survivors, I fear it will become quite boring to see 16 liars all trying their own version of the "dead grandmother trick."

Very Proud Grandpa! LoneStarSpur's Avatar
    A big to Too Much Coffee .

I couldn't have put it any better.

-Randy
    'And it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive.'
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Despite all the hype, I honestly don't think there was much more lying in this show, compared to the other recent ones.

As a side observation, I think the time is coming soon, probably in S9 after the all stars, where the strong will ruthlessly cull the weak UTR's. The physically strong players need to get more aggressive at wiping the coattail riders, and then settle it amongst themselves from there. In other words, the same strategy that has won for the weak players the last few shows.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Escaping my own reality!
    If you make it to the final two, tribal council is not the place to tell the jury members how lazy you think they are.

Mouthy is much better than whiny.

If you would ever like a date again in life it would be best to keep your ignorant comments about the inferiority of the opposite gender to yourself. Especially if you look like a half-plucked chicken (LOVE THAT!)

If you get to take someone along on your reward challenge, it would be to your advantage to NOT take someone you already have an alliance with. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer!

I agree with the comments about strong players forming alliances, especially immediately post-merge. Everyone wants He-Man on their team until it comes down to individual immunity time, in which case, everyone wants He-Man gone!

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JulieC
    I agree with the comments about strong players forming alliances, especially immediately post-merge. Everyone wants He-Man on their team until it comes down to individual immunity time, in which case, everyone wants He-Man gone!
    And again, this wouldn't be necessary if Mark Burnett would make all the post-merge challenges mental or more of skill (like aiming and shooting). There would be no need to Pagong the strong if everyone knew that the post-merge challenges would not be designed to test pure physical strength.

Some things we saw in this series:

- Don't overplay your hand. It's not necessary to control all future TCs, just the next one.
    - Tailor your strategies to exploit your opponents' self-perceived vulnerabilities.
    - Strategize constantly but don't let anyone else know. (That seems like the hardest one.)
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Very Proud Grandpa! LoneStarSpur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill_in_PDX
    Despite all the hype, I honestly don't think there was much more lying in this show, compared to the other recent ones.
    I'm not so sure about that Bill. Even Jeff mentioned in one of the latter TC's the massive amounts of lying going on.

I think Brian and Clay showed the world that it doesn't really matter how bad you've been. It only matters if you're with someone in the F2 that's been worse than you've been.

The game has changed tremendously from S2. At least it seems like it's changed.

I'll keep watchin' as long as they keep makin' 'em, though.

-Randy
    'And it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive.'
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Always think before you speak, but especially at Tribal Council.

Be very, very wary of Jeff's questions at TC. He is trying to draw out information that he can't ask directly about, i.e. alliances, dead grandmothers.

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    Here is something new: don't discuss who you want to boot with anyone other than your F2 choice BEFORE an IC.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123