+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 60

Thread: The troubling "women as sheep" phenomenon

  1. #41
    FORT Fogey veejer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    3,402
    Quote Originally Posted by Thearnon
    In a way Rupert made the mistake a long time ago, because he knew Jon was the worm he is and he could have had him voted off but he never did it, he let Jon fly under the radar when Jon didn't have the power that he does now.
    That is exactly the type of scenario that hopefully is going to make the all-star version so interesting. These people have made their mistakes and perhaps learned from them. They've studied the game and may not tolerate the UTR strategy.

  2. #42
    eny
    eny is offline
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    10,476
    it appears the sheep have killed the head wolf and are circling in on the sidekick ......

  3. #43
    FORT Fan Tracker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    278
    As usual, eny says it first. The sheep bit.

    Jon thinks he's *superior* to women? He's not superior to a tapeworm.

  4. #44
    Leo
    Leo is offline
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    10,033
    Hey - comparing Jon to tapeworms is grossly unfair - to the tapeworms!

  5. #45
    Hyper Future Vision gaebolga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Zalem. Or Tiphares. Take your pick...
    Posts
    444
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo
    Hey - comparing Jon to tapeworms is grossly unfair - to the tapeworms!
    Exactly! Besides, tapeworms don't smirk incessantly.

  6. #46
    FORT Regular Thearnon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Age
    57
    Posts
    114
    Wow! I am impressed! That was a great episode. Sandra pulled it off! I have to take back a lot of what I said, the women really showed they could do it. I kept waiting for them to crack last night but it never happened. Lill was still a basket case the entire episode and I thought for sure she would cave in and spill the beans, but Lill is one thing and that is that she is loyal to her commitments. Once she has made a decision she does seem to stick with it and when she saw that the guys weren't truthful with her, I do think it made her willing to abandon that alliance. Still, brain dead - still wish she wasn't on the show.

    That was set up perfect last night. The only way that happens is if Burton takes Jon to go on the reward challenge - gigantic mistake on Burton's part and I think they realized it when they got back. But Sandra!! Wow!! I was somewhat concerned that when she got approached by Jon that she might blow it because I wasn't sure how much she really, really trusted Lill and had confidence that Lill would do the right thing. But she said it last night, she can't keep looking over her shoulder wondering what Lill is going to do. I was totally impressed last night with the ladies. They formed the alliance, set up the plan and STUCK TO IT. When they all got off by themselves when the guys got back, I thought it was a mistake but I guess they had to make it seem like buisness as usual.

    It was great when Sandra swore on her children to her alliance with Jon - beautiful. Now if they can stick with it through to the next round, Snake's only salvation will be for him to win immunity. Bravo Sandra!! It was great to see her smile at the end of the IC but if you noticed, someone else had a pretty big smile after Burton was eliminated also - Jon, the snake. Just maybe, Jon was actually impressed that the women pulled it off also - because he gave them no credit at all - kind of like me. Like the bible says - Pride goeth before a fall.

  7. #47
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,064
    Quote Originally Posted by Thearnon
    Bravo Sandra!! It was great to see her smile at the end of the IC but if you noticed, someone else had a pretty big smile after Burton was eliminated also - Jon, the snake. Just maybe, Jon was actually impressed that the women pulled it off also - because he gave them no credit at all - kind of like me. Like the bible says - Pride goeth before a fall.
    As I was jumping up and down, screaming "take that you arrogant little a**es!" while watcing Burton's torch being stomped on (oh, was that just wishful thinking?), I too noticed that damn smile on his weasely little face. Could it be that he was actually happy about this? If those women don't stick together to kick his disgusting little butt off as soon as possible, I'm going to have to reach thru my tv and slap them!

    BTW - I loved the person who asked Burton on CBS This Morning about how he expected to ever get a date given how insulting he was to women!
    Yeah, Burton, maybe you shouldn't have sat in front of that camera talking about how dumb those women were until AFTER you won the million dollars!

  8. #48
    RESIDENT JEDI MASTER Stargazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    On a Rocky Mountain High
    Age
    38
    Posts
    11,928
    I was still bothered by the women last night. Did they do the right thing (strategy-wise) by kicking Burton to the curb? Absolutely.

    However, it took the tightening of the noose around their collective necks before they ever realized that they were up on the gallows :rolleyes I felt last night that they almost stumbled upon their next move rather than making a determined effort. All three of them were wishy-washy and seemed ready to jettison the whole alliance at the slightest provocation. Each one seemed reluctant to take the leadership reins in hand and their 'act' upon the return of Burton and Jon was poorly planned and executed. I think that if Burton had a less slimy confrere, any of them would have jumped right back on his bandwagon in a heartbeat. Basically, I think they pulled off a coup d'etat in spite of themselves.

    I can only hope that MB takes mercy on the female sex next season and gives strong, smart women someone to root for.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

    "I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

  9. #49
    Premium Member croftchrism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    34
    Posts
    552
    Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    I was still bothered by the women last night. Did they do the right thing (strategy-wise) by kicking Burton to the curb? Absolutely.

    However, it took the tightening of the noose around their collective necks before they ever realized that they were up on the gallows :rolleyes I felt last night that they almost stumbled upon their next move rather than making a determined effort. All three of them were wishy-washy and seemed ready to jettison the whole alliance at the slightest provocation. Each one seemed reluctant to take the leadership reins in hand and their 'act' upon the return of Burton and Jon was poorly planned and executed. I think that if Burton had a less slimy confrere, any of them would have jumped right back on his bandwagon in a heartbeat. Basically, I think they pulled off a coup d'etat in spite of themselves.

    I can only hope that MB takes mercy on the female sex next season and gives strong, smart women someone to root for.
    Since the women left are followers, not leaders, how hard do you think it will be to have Jon make sure that he is in the final three? All he has to do is convince lil and Darrah that Sandra is evil and should leave.... I bet that she could do that rather easily!!!
    Reality TV

    1. America's Top Model: Eva
    2. The Apprentice: Andy
    3. Survivor: Julie

  10. #50
    FORT Fanatic Oceansands's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    666


    Burton sure goofed up his chances of winning. He should have taken Sandra to the reward feast. Told Jon to sway Lill to vote off Darrah. He should have made a pack with Sandra to sway Darrah to vote off Jon. Burton, Sandra and Darrah would vote off Jon. I know Burton would have a better chance of winning next IM than the three women (maybe not Darrah). Burton could sway Lill and Sandra to vote off Darrah His next move should have been to get rid of Sandra. He would have a good chance of winning the whole thing with Lill. I don't think anyone in the jury likes Lill or Burton. The way I see it they like Lill less than Burton. Most of the jury would vote Jon to win over Burton because he didn't get a second chance.

    I'm not fond of Burton or Jon and am glad Burton went, just hate to see Jon still in the game. I hope Sandra wins, between Lill and Darrah don't care which one comes in second, don't like either of them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.