+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Ep. 11: "A Big Surprise...and Another"

Originally posted by Miss Filangi
    On second thought - the big shock could be Brian getting the boot.

After all, Clay is pretty hated - especially by Sook Jai. Clay would be ideal to take to F2.
    I think they have to get rid of Brian as he is well liked and I can't really think of anyone at this point who he might lose the final vote too.

I don't think the fact that he doesn't appear to need the money would make that much of a difference in the final analysis as he has played the game so well and seems to have everyone pretty much on side.

I do agree that him getting the boot at this stage would be a shock.
    I would think the CG's would still want to eliminate the final Sook before starting in on their own.
    I do think it's entirely possible that they would halt the Pagonging to get rid of Clay though.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Originally posted by John
    Burnett has only 2 modes of operation:

1) Big build-up that something else happens, and then the thing happens that you should have expected. Yawn.

2) Big build-up that something else happens, and then that something else actually happens. Yawn.

The only suspense is, which is it this time?
    You're absolutley right there John.

I can remember the promo for the family visit during S4, claiming we'd never guess who was coming to visit.
    The entire internet community had figured it was Kathy's son.

His "clues" are pretty ridiculous and the build up is more interesting than the event turns out to be in most cases.
    It's fun to speculate though.
    "That's Numberwang!"

How about this a Voted out Survivor is back on the game, ala, Big Brother. Plus i'm thinking Brian's days are numbered

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    hmmmmm the helen, jan, jake trio is a good bet. if clay struts around too much he could cut his own throat. ted may want the join in as now he knows how he stands with clay and brian. as for the reward, maybe a day away with a family member and a big meal. please lets not have a "my boy colby" routine again. that was borderline incest.

I would really like to see Helen take her fate into her own hands.
    She is cruising into possibly third place as things stand, but she has no guarantee of that.
    She really needs to make a move if she's to get to the final two.
    I think this is the week she really has to do it.
    She will need to get Jan and Ted on side too. I don't see Jan as being a big problem and Helen sparing Ted twice in the torch snuffing immunity challenge might just be enough to gain his loyalty.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Originally posted by joeguy
    please lets not have a "my boy colby" routine again. that was borderline incest.
    I fear it may have been beyond borderline.

She slept in the Aztec with him... jeez... Especially considering how bad he must have smelled.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

He won a shower too.
    I can't remember if it was before or after they slept in the Aztek.
    Momma would remember though as she was standing there taking photos of him.
    "That's Numberwang!"

eeeewwwww!
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

SuperJude™
    The grand thing about this part of the game is the immunity. Everything can change at one time. Jake wins the next one and then what?

Well that recap episode solidified my feelings about certain people.

John- officious dolt
    Tanya- woulda liked to get to know ya
    Jed- what were you thinking? First week leaders always get voted off.
    Ghandia- Your "evil Ghandia" comment told me just how full of shit you were/are. Grinding is his sleep vs. "biting and kissing" are 2 different things. Way to try and use the problems of REAL victims to furthur your game! Idiot.
    Stephanie- worst played game ever? How did she last this long?
    Robb- Young or not, dude you really sucked. Not even amusing, just annoying.
    Shi-Ann- You lost my "they all hate me" sympathy when I saw how lame and conniving you were. You didn't "stir up" anything. You only proved that you and Penny were more alike than you think.
    Erin- internet rumors aside, what did you do this season? Nothing. She was my vote for "please do not let her win"
    Ken- Hey, I respected the guy and he played the game in his own manner. Not to win though and for that he knew he was gonna go. Cool dude and I liked that you talked to Rob(2 b's!) like a man.
    Penny- couldn't stand you the whole time and you really flamed out. They were ready to vote off Jake and you screwed him badly, and that screwed you. Maybe the video evidence wasn't there about your manipulation, but after that, I actually had to believe Shi-Ann.

Well after that?

Jake- My opinion has not changed at all. Not the best player in the game but man the old guy has hung in there and I really respect the way he is playing.

Jan- Ugggghhhhh. Please not this years vecepia, please.

Helen- Generally acknowledged as playing the best game right now. She (thankfully) voted off Ghandia (my least favorite ever Survivor contestant) and it is crunch time for her. Wait and see, then react. Great defensive strategy, and if she won I could live with that, though as a person she scares me with some of her odd comments.

Ted- Yes, guys do wake up with a hard-on and he may have "grinded", but Ghandia obviously fabricated the biting and kissing thing. He weathered that better than I had thought. Right now his only weakness is seemingly his alliance with Brian, though Helen showed some love for Big Ted. Ted would be wise to stick with her and Jake. We'll see if he is smart enough to see that.

Brian- Still my choice to win, but man his true colors are showing. His option to go with Clay makes me wonder though at his strategy. Playing both sides is fine but he had better pick one soon, lest they both find out.

And finally-

Clay- Everybody hates Clay now and that makes me like him. Snotty, annoying, opinionated. Basically everything I watch Survivor for. He was the last Chuay chosen and to hell with all else, he is still here. Funny little guy and he wears his emotions on his sleeve, but not so much that he didn't pull the wool over the eyes of those sorry ass Sook Jai's. He's making a run for the money and he amuses me more and more every week, and that is what it is all about.

Recap eps usually suck but this one was okay.

Diva? Spelled backwards that is avid. What does it mean? I really don't know but I hope she doesn't have kids. I could see her being the worse mother on earth. Man I hated watching this women. I know it's popular for athletes to refer to themselves in the 3rd person, but what was she thinking? Nothing obviously. That stupid hair, her terrible body language, and the fact that she took a small incident and embellished the truth to the chagrin of real victims everywhere makes me think perhaps after years of thin Denver air, the thicker air in Thailand got to her. That or she really is just the utterly lame.

Enough of my Ghandia hate-fest.

-SJ™

I really enjoyed reading your thought Jude, and found myself agreeing with many of the points you made.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread