+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Lex thinks this seasons a bore:

I think Penny was probably cast to be the sweetheart but she was not seen that way by many of the viewers.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Hmm. I think Tanya was more of the "sweetheart" type-cast than Penny.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Yeah, I think Penny was supposed to represent the "Kelly"-type... outdoorsy and athletic?
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Ultra Concealed Lurker Invisigoth's Avatar
    I agree Kylie - Tanya was supposed to be the sweetheart, but she ended up being the Jessie / Ramona instead.

And I agree with Bravo - Penny was the vindictive sorority girl Kelly type (Not Wigglesworth).
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

I think you're probably right on reflection, Tanya should have
    been the sweetheart but didn't last long enough.
    I guess Penny didn't give MB the material to edit her as the sweetheart after that.

I think Penny was supposed to be the sporty one, Lindsey/Tammy type and Shii Ann was the bitchy sorority one.
    Oh well, opinions will differ I guess.
    "That's Numberwang!"

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Yeah, I thought Penny was supposed to be the athletic/sporty one too. I meant Kelly W. in my post -- I didn't really she her like Kelly Africa...
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

I don't think we got much chance to see her fill that role, but then again I think the only other contender for that would have been Stephanie.
    She clearly had so little interest in playing the game she wasn't going to conform to her set role anyway.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I've been trying to figure out the whole Stephanie Strategy for some time now, and i have decided to give into reality. She didn't have one, unless it was to get herself booted as soon as possible... and surprisingly she failed at that.

If she were a Survivor 1 contestant, I could see it, but anyone who has seen the show could have told her not to do... well, just about everything she did.

It was an impressive tour de force of stupid game play.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Bill, I think Steph saw from day 1 that it was a numbers game & her days were numbered. We might have seen an actual strategy from her if she had chosen a different alliance.

I wish she had played things differently.
    She seemed intelligent enough and was obviously physically fit, but her stubborness helped turn the others against her.
    Even if she thinks they're all thick as pig sh1t, the smart thing is not to let them know you think that.
    Sleeping out on the beach every night in the middle of a downpour really didn't help her physical condition either.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread