+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Lex thinks this seasons a bore:

JR.
    Originally posted by John
    I'm pretty sure next year's location will be a dud, too. I'm not sure how they'll make the Amazon interesting. They can't swim in the water, and there are tons of bugs and other poisonous things all over.
    It could be interesting. I'm still waiting for a contestant to be mauled/poisoned by the wildlife. This could be the year!

Ultra Concealed Lurker Invisigoth's Avatar
    I think the hippo is the most dangerous animal on the disneyland jungle cruise. But thank goodness the driver always has his pistol.
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

They are being fed too well this year imo.

Last season they were always off foraging for food.
    The scene with the mini-Maraamu tribe catching the crabs was great. Both John's injuries were sustained on food hunts, plus they had the amazing waterfall which made me feel good just to look at.
    When they're scouting for locations they need to look beyond whether the area is viable and also consider whether it's a visually pleasing area to the viewers.
    "That's Numberwang!"

LG.
    **viewer thinks Lex is a bore**

nobody who was on Survivor Africa has standing to declare another season of Survivor a bore. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Lex was the best character on Survivor Africa imo.
    There was never really a dull moment when his paranoid gut went into overdrive.
    I don't think the contestants are fully to blame for the show being boring.
    The location and editing play a huge part too.
    Last edited by fluff; 11-20-2002 at 10:37 AM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    Lex has no right to say S5 is a bore. most thought that of his survivor too. then he started to go into gut over drive and Big Tom started to come out of his shell and the cast got interesting.the last one. i just wished someone would have punch rob out. that would have been good t.v.

I think having a young tribe & an old tribe really screwed things up. We tended to identify everyone with their tribe's personality, rather than seeing them as individuals. The Sook Jais were generic Gen-X'ers while the Chuay Gahns were generic geriatrics. I recommend chucking the "pick your own" idea so this will never happen again.

I don't think they'll do the select your own tribes thing again.
    It was a surprise this season and a decent enough experiment, but I think it should definitely be a one time thing.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I agree. By the way, this week's Lex article is titled "Survivor Thailand broke its drama slump this week"...Which I think is Lex-Speak for "things finally got interesting, according to my gut."

I think he does have the right to say it's boring though, everyone has the right to voice their opinion even if we do believe it's the pot calling the kettle black in this case.

I really liked Survivor Africa.
    Hmmmm, wonder why.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread