+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Lex thinks this seasons a bore:

You're right about that Miss F. In the first one I think most of us sat in utter disbelief as Rich continued his evil manipulations, but it was entertaining.

I just get disappointed by the build up in editing that is obviously designed to get us to believe that something different will happen this time... and then of course it doesn't. I know why they do that, it is simply to hold viewership.

On the other had, this ending has the potential to be quite entertaining.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

I agree Miss F.
    I think the first season is almost impossible to make comparissons to.
    Gretchen has often been cited as one of the best contestants ever, but it was her blatant inability to see the need for alliances that allowed the Pagonging to take place.

This season could turn out to be a gem thanks to an "upset" in the final couple of episodes.
    If Brian and Clay make the final two, I will be so annoyed with Helen and Ted.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I think that after all of this predictable manuevering, there is a chance her for a real solid ending.

I hope that Helen getting rebuffed by Brian in her good idea to bump Clay will open her eyes a bit, though it does cement Clay's vote with whomever Brian wishes it to be.

I hope that Jan isn't really a nut case.

I hope that Ted realizes that he isn't going to the F2 if he doesn't start making his own deals.

I think there are a lot of things that can happen that would make this one of the best Survivor endings ever. Now if those things will happen is obviously another issue. I will have no hope left if Helen goes this week.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.

The stupidest thing Helen and Ted could do is vote out Jan.

Then they are on equal footing with Brian/Clay. Although will they realize that? They might if Brian refuses to vote out Clay
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

I agree with you Miss F.

I also think Brian is the ultimate pragmatist. He'll vote to get rid of Clay if he needs to, but obviously he is smart enough to see that Clay and he as final 2 is a million dollar windfall for him.

Much as it pained me to watch, Brian made the exact right decision in moving Jake off the island. It would only be bad things for his winning efforts to keep around a strong player with no loyalties to Brian.

Originally posted by Miss Filangi
    The stupidest thing Helen and Ted could do is vote out Jan.

Then they are on equal footing with Brian/Clay. Although will they realize that? They might if Brian refuses to vote out Clay
    I agree Miss F, but before they realise that they really need to decide to ally with one another firmly and to be willing to vote Brian off if Clay wins immunity.
    They don't appear to be ready to make that choice yet as they seem too loyal to Brian.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Obviously at this point it takes a three person alliance to go on, and I think that Brian and Helen seem pretty loyal, so it comes down to who they invite to the party.

Could be bad news for Clay or Ted. I think the images from the preview are meant to lead us to believe that Ted is the third member of the alliance, but it would not shock me if Brian insists on keeping Clay, again he would be assessing his chances in the finals.

Further, if he could manuever it so that he, Clay, and Helen are the final three, then he could strategically let it slip right before the last immunity challenge that Helen wanted to vote off Clay... that gives him a 2 out of 3 chance to win that challenge, and the million bucks.

I fear that very thing Bill.
    Brian is undoubtedly smart enough to realise that Clay is the best person to take to the finals.
    I don't think it would even take Brian saying anything about Helen wanting to vote him off to make Clay take Brian to the finals if he was to win the final immunity challenge though.
    "That's Numberwang!"

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Unless Brian is really this years Colby and is really indeed planning on taking Helen to the finals
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

He could well be Bravo.
    I have to believe that there is more going on than the editing is showing us.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread