+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Jeff Probst

I agree, some of the players (especially this year) are a bit to eager to answer the questions at TC and it comes back to bite them. Am I the only one who would like to hear Jeff get bleeped out when someone really starts to annoy him?
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

FORT Regular
    I think the editing we see depends on if JP was able to get anyone to bite on the questions he askes. But you are right the sequence may not be as it appears.

However that being said. I would have been a bit suspicious if I were Jon that things were not going to go my way. Other than this one time he has done a pretty good job of voting with the pack.

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood
    More than semi-studly, Princess. Jeff is my eye candy.
    I was hoping to throw you off of my Jeff obsession by only calling him "semi." It's embarrassing how much I look forward to his parts of the show each week, lol. Am I alone in wishing just once or twice that a cameraman would goof up and we'd get an up-shorts view of Jiffy's coconuts? Or that he'd be forced to dive into the water at some point, revealing that his clothing turned translucent when wet?

Gosh, I'm blushing and it's not even 8:30 in the morning yet....

For me, Jiff is as essential a part of this show as the Survivor's.
    I don't think anyone else could host this show as well as he does.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Gotta love the Mouse! JORY'sMom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    For me, Jiff is as essential a part of this show as the Survivor's.
    I don't think anyone else could host this show as well as he does.
    I don't think I could watch if he ever stopped hosting.

Has anyone ever noticed anything strange with his eyes?

Okay, this has been brought up in a couple of threads now, and thought it should be centralized here

SO, with the whole "reading too many votes" snafu last episode, do you guys think Jeff did it on purpose? If not, he just wasn't paying attention, and that's not very Jeff-like. If he did it on purpose, I don't think that was entirely appropriate.

I know he has to get involved at some level, but I don't think he should intentionally try and spoil someone's strategy (i.e. Sandra) by suddenly switching up the way the votes are read. A couple of baiting questions, okay. Something like that, I don't know, it sorta crosses a line in my book.

Hmm, what do you guys think?
    If God is a DJ--life is a dance floor
    Click here to team up with FansOfRealityTV to help fight cancer!
    Watashi wa, sekai wo kaeru.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    Nope, he's just the host...
    Isn't Jeff Probst also a producer on the show? I thought that a couple of season's ago he also started producing to have a more active role in making decisions.

Re: the votes--there's a thread about that called "tribal council" and some discussion in the 11/20 show talk.

Why do you all call him "Jiff?"

Okay, this has been brought up in a couple of threads now, and thought it should be centralized here
    It's already centralized on the "Tribal Council Votes" thread. No need to re-hash it here.

Jeff may have started being a producer, but I believe that's just a "money thing", and doesn't necessarily mean he's more involved in production. I could be wrong, though.

His nickname, ever since Survivor started, has been "Jiffy Probe" and all variations thereof. Not sure why, I think it's a Survivor Sucks thing.

Oh, sorry

And by the way, at Jiffy Probe!
    If God is a DJ--life is a dance floor
    Click here to team up with FansOfRealityTV to help fight cancer!
    Watashi wa, sekai wo kaeru.

Jeff is also the master of how a reunion show should be conducted. He asks tough questions, and exposes where people went wrong, or were fooled. None of this "it's all about the journey" BS we see on other shows.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast