+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Survivor: Pirate Report (Day 24) - Life Goes on for the Drake... er... Balboa Tribe

Great report Bill.

I also enjoy reading the alternative views everyone expresses. I does allow for more contemplation of what is happening on the island.

Thanks, Bill! Very nicely done.

I think that Burton misplayed it by dumping Rhyno. Each alpha male that gets booted makes the target on his back that much bigger.

Assuming Rupert gets it next (a certainty if he doesn't win immunity), there is just ONE player remaining who can physically dominate. And once that ONE player is removed, then the women can compete on a level playing field in the physical challenges.

I have trouble believing that this would escape any of the women except Lil.

Besides, I'd love to see Jon come in last behind all the women in physical challenges.

Oh I agree Fossil. I think right now it all lines up perfectly for Sandra.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Because if Burton forms his coup alliance, it would be Jon, Burton, and Lil working with Ryan, Darrah, and Tijuana. He probably assumed that those three are inseparable, and his team would include an unstable scoutmaster and a known slimeball. He would be getting the short end of that deal. With Ryan gone, he may be assuming that he can bring in Darrah and Tijuana to his side directly, and then he only needs Lil or Jon to dominate the game. If that is the case, then I give Burton a lot of credit for creative thinking.
    That's exactly what I thought. Even if Burton had kept Ryno, he would've still had a big target on his back. He's a strong physical competitior and there is no way any of the other members are going to allow Burton or Rupert to advance any further. If Rupert doesn't go out this week, it will be Burton, imo.

If she knows (or learns) that Burton is going to make a move against Rupert, in conjunction with Jon, she simply brings Christa along to make that happen, yet allow Burton and Jon to take the lead.
    Sandra is playing a very sneaky and smart game. She puts out her ideas and lets the others take the lead. After that she stands back and watches the fur fly. Smart girl, but if she's thinking of taking T and D to the finals, she better watch it. Those 2 have performed pretty good during the challenges, and Sandra hasn't excelled at anything.

I always look forward to reading your report, Bill. Great job!

Great job, Bill! I always enjoy reading your report and what others think about it afterwards.

I agree (as many others have said) that there is more going on than we are allowed to see. I find that so frustrating. And we shouldn't have to join Yahoo Platinum to get more info (although I guess they mostly show fluff, not strategy). I hope MB reads these board now and again to see how he's riling up long-time Survivor fans with over-editing! :nono
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Y'aarrrgh! Another great pirate report, Bill!!

I pretty much despise the fact that this game has become a survival of the weakest. When I read Burton's initial boot interview and heard his strategy of "getting the strongest players in an alliance", I said to myself "hmmm, finally the numerous "weak" survivors wouldnt be able to pick off the strong whenever they didnt win immunity".
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

FORT Regular

Thanks

Bill, although I read them ... this is my first response to one of your excellent pirate reports. Too bad the castaways can't "poll the audience" or "phone a friend", huh ? :

I do want to say that I think eliminating Rupert before Burton would be a big mistake. At least Rupert has proven himself honest ... to a fault in the case of his vow to Lil ... but Burton is a physical threat, an opportunist and a skunk and the Drake's know it. The 4 younger women with Jon in tandem, should boot Burton post haste and keep Rupert as long as practical. Anything else risks a Jon, Burton, Lil, Final 3.

Great pirate report.

It is my opinion that Sandra and Christa need to keep Rupert a while longer to keep the strength of numbers in their favor. In fact they need to try to bring TJ and Darrah into the fold too. They probably think they have Lill and Jon still on their side but I hope they notice some whispering going on that could go against them.

I'm just wondering if the scene where Lill is upset while with Jon is her and Jon turning against Burton? Just as I think I got this figured out something strange happens.

Outstanding report, as always, Bill! I love reading your insights into the strategies going on in the game. Your comment about Rupert not being a strong political player is right on, I think. When he told Rhino as he voted for him that he'd "trade him for some of the guys on my team," I was thinking, "Well, why don't you?!?" His blind persistence in maintaining loyalty to Drake is foolish and brands him as a non-strategic player, in my opinion. But he sure is fun to watch.

This line made me laugh out loud. Brilliant characterizations!

his team would include an unstable scoutmaster and a known slimeball
    Looking forward to next week's analysis!
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

If she knows (or learns) that Burton is going to make a move against Rupert, in conjunction with Jon, she simply brings Christa along to make that happen, yet allow Burton and Jon to take the lead.
    This would be a great move by Sandra.
    I think she is canny enough to let the guys think they've pulled off a coup, yet be planning to work with T and D in the background.
    Once Rupe is gone, Sandra won't even have to worry about approaching Lill, who is unlikely to want to team up with T and D.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie
    Your comment about Rupert not being a strong political player is right on, I think. When he told Rhino as he voted for him that he'd "trade him for some of the guys on my team," I was thinking, "Well, why don't you?!?" His blind persistence in maintaining loyalty to Drake is foolish and brands him as a non-strategic player, in my opinion. But he sure is fun to watch.
    I'd love to watch this show with you Paulie, I said exactly the same thing.
    Rupert is maintaining a ferocious loyalty to the very people who are plotting his demise.
    Despite Trish's previous attempt to oust him, I have a feeling Rupe will be completely blindsided when the boot does come his way.

Great analysis as always Bill.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123