+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Reading off the votes

I know from reading Burnett's book about the first Survivor that Tribal Council is a very long experience. There's much more footage there than they wind up showing on TV, and there's quite a bit of production overhead involved with pulling the whole thing together, as well. Jeff may very well have time to review the footage, but he's still making his best guess at the time as to what votes will ultimately be shown on TV.

I liked the good ol' S1 days when pretty much every vote was shown. Since there was really only one alliance, it was dramatically "safe" to reveal almost everyone's comments.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

FORT Newbie
    Ok, now I am sure this is a stupid question. But please remember that this is my first Survivor. Do they really have to transport themselves, meaning,walk, row boat like last night, to Tribal Council,and usually how far away is the site for Tribal Council. I was wondering, cause before the merge I really felt for the skinny Morgans if they had a long slog thru the jungle, etc. I thought maybe the production would transport them by boat or something. Just wondering.

I think the only cast that didn't have to transport themselves to Tribal Council was the Australia group. I seem to remember hearing that they were driven from a drop-off point to the TC and back. I do think everyone else has to hike/row/whatever to get there. I can't be certain, though.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

They all have to get themselves to TC themselves, and back home (except, as Paulie said, perhaps the Aussie group, but I hadn't heard that).

It's about a mile, if I recall from the original map.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Yea, I read also about the Australia tribes being flown/driven to a certain point, then they had to hike the rest of the way to TC. Apparently someone (I can't remember who) was complaining cause it was so long of a walk...still, even after being driven/flown to a closer location.
    I think I'd rather row a boat to the TC.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

FORT Regular

Transit

Besides the physical drain of having to travel the distance after a tiring and disappointing challenge, I guess the rationale might be to give them some additional time to make up their minds as they are walking/rowing as well as reinforcing the "seriousness" of the situation. They must contemplate that someone is leaving ?

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie
    I think the only cast that didn't have to transport themselves to Tribal Council was the Australia group. I seem to remember hearing that they were driven from a drop-off point to the TC and back. I do think everyone else has to hike/row/whatever to get there. I can't be certain, though.
    I think you are right Paulie. I seem to recall part of the issue was that they wanted to hold the TC's at that dramatic waterfall setting, but it was far away from the tribe and competition areas.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Related to this, does anyone know if a cameraman or someone tells them when to leave for TC and the challenges? They don't have watches and you wouldn't want one tribe or Jeff waiting around for the others to show up.
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brusch
    Related to this, does anyone know if a cameraman or someone tells them when to leave for TC and the challenges? They don't have watches and you wouldn't want one tribe or Jeff waiting around for the others to show up.

YES! This has been a question in my mind for a long time, I just always forget to ask.

They MUST tell them, I think. When Jon and Shawn got in that arguement about "not enough time to cut/eat the popcorn coconut"... Jon said, "We have 10 minutes"..or something like that. Is that the tribe's "time-line," or is it the crew telling them?

Also, I was wondering about how long do they get to either row/walk to TC?? What if they row really slow and it takes forever for them to get there? Or someone gets sick along the way, and they have to stop? Does the camera crew hook'm up to the speed boat and race them there?

Honestly..all joking aside, I have wondered both questions.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    Also, I was wondering about how long do they get to either row/walk to TC?? What if they row really slow and it takes forever for them to get there? Or someone gets sick along the way, and they have to stop? Does the camera crew hook'm up to the speed boat and race them there?
    I had wondered too, because it seems that they leave when the sun is still high, but TC is always at night. I'd bet they have quite a row, then, but I'm not sure.
    If God is a DJ--life is a dance floor
    Click here to team up with FansOfRealityTV to help fight cancer!
    Watashi wa, sekai wo kaeru.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast