+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2526272829303132333435363738 LastLast

Thread: 11/13 Show Discussion

Here's my two cents for whatever it's worth, mhmmm probably only two cents but anyway it's looks like the girls want to make it 'boys vs. girls'. Fine. Let it be.
    However, didn't anyone think about taking out Rupert during the immunity challenge? Why give him immunity epecially since the majority wants him off anyway because everyone knows he's the biggest and baddest mofo to walk the beaches since John Morgan, himself. That caught me as being strange.
    So Rhino's walked the plank. Okay, no biggie. What surprised me the most though was that his fellow Morgan tribe members voted him off as well. The girls knew better than to attach themselves to Ryan. Good move girls! No one wants to be associated with a castaway. Look what happened to Michelle.
    As much as I like Rupert, I would vote him off in a second. Then take out the other Alpha males and let the scratching begin! Meow!!!

Wow. This is the first time I spoke about Rupert in a "minor" derogatory way...it's just mho, and I am still rooting for him.
    Everyone makes mistakes, even the hero(s), and I think he has made a couple. Doesn't mean he's not a great guy, sweet, loving, sportsmanlike, etc..etc..

If I was on this Survivor....yeah, as much as I'd love Rupert, at some point I'd vote him out too. I'd look like a backstabber/ungrateful/etc..whatever, but to win the game, I'd have to.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

FORT Fogey
    You have to vote him out. You cannot let him go to the F2. Face it, that's just how it will be.

The question is when they do it. Probably sooner than later.

Quote Originally Posted by crackpot

Why is indignant self-entitlement the dominant theme in American television? Every reality show on TV seems to be about smug, self serving people who believe everyone owes them something, that the world is their oyster, completely ignorant and blind to the fact that community is about GIVE AND TAKE. Well, I guess the masses are easily entertained - think bell curve.

A lot of posters seem to complain that Rupert is dominating the rest of the players with intimidation. I say that if the rules allow back stabbing, lying, cheating etc. then intimidation should be allowed as well. I do find it interesting that “entertainment” of this type is such a draw. It seems that most of the viewing public either want a bland, no personality, stick in the mud contestant or one that you can really hate. In Ruperts case I think that the latter is the case mainly because he is so dominating. I have said it before, and I still believe that if the show wasn’t being “directed” Rupert would be the hands down winner.

Quote Originally Posted by crackpot
    Rupert showed his character quite a few times - with refusing the shower, with giving away his breakfast, with refusing to completely pilige Morgan Tribe's resources (food) when they were allowed to loot...which all the other members of Drake simply wanted to be a-holes and rob them of everything...

I agree that Ruperts character has been exposed (in a good light) and it would not surprise me that if he, by some miracle, wins he would share the million dollar bounty with all the players.
    Last edited by Blue Meanie; 11-14-2003 at 05:00 PM.
    Paintin' the Town Blue!

FORT Regular
    You have to look at it this way.

D&T dont know how far they can trust anyone at this point but they have options they didnt have before. Voting Rupert out now would have broken ruperts alliance and given more power to Burton Lil and Jon and even Ryno something that right now D&T are not sure they want to happen especially if its going to be a lynching of the men.

They dont know how Lil is going to fall from moment to moment she is as inept as can be.

Getting rid of Rupert would have to have been Burtons move and D&T would have had to deal with the aftermath which was not all together certain.

The morgan women have had offers over the last few days and as far as we can tell have not accepted any of them but in voting Ryno off they dont burn the bridges.

Ultimately they can leave the IC's in the guys hands and not tip their hand at all.

The next 2 boots make all the difference to the alliances at this point.

Dont forget the message to Rupert is fairly clear you stay at our pleasure unless you are wearing the sword.

The current dynamics are very interesting they have to come up with a scheme that will net them F3 and from there its in their own hands.

The all female alliance or at least 4/5ths of it has merit but it only gets you to F4 if you are lucky and it doesnt fall appart.
    The idea is keep burton and rupert for as long as possible it doesnt matter to them but they get to eat which will be crucial down the stretch.

Any alliance Burton may pull together is not likely to last too long due to it involving Jon and the Outcasts.

Wild cards here are D as we dont know much about her plans, Jon because he can turn on a dime if the wind blows him that way. Lill because of how inept she is it may be difficult to rely on her vote.

I think the bit we saw with Jon and Rupert on the beach may go a bit deeper. I think JFP is trying to get Rupe to bring him along because he thinks he cant lose with JFP in the F2. Jons new strat of flying low may pay off if this happens while ruperts Egotism may just give him sour grapes. Although JFP wouldnt hesitate to remove Rupe near the end it seems like a solid plan. Jon right now is playing for jury votes and letting his rep get him his shot. Wouldnt any of the remaining 7 want Jon to be sitting next to them.

I dont think Jon intentionally tried to screw Rupert I think he was going where he thought the wind was blowing which is why Shawn was the one to go just before Burton came back.

Well just my thoughts of the moment.

I guess I am in the minority when I think Rupert was not mean to Sandra at the challenge. Everyone was bantering back and forth when putting coconuts in the bin, but seems like Rupert is getting all the bad comments for it doing it. My opinion - if if was any other player who said that it would not be taken as a threat. It is perceived that way because of Rupert's voice and how big he is. What he said to Sandra - "How dare you put a coconut in my bin" and "guess no fish for you tonight at dinner" - I believe he was joking with her. Rupert would not allow anyone to go hungry. Remember his comment about the Morgans? He said something like - I hope they feel confortable in eating all they want - poor things are emaciated. Also when Sandra walked away and rubbed and her and said ouch, then Lil put a coconut in Rup's bin. Anyone notice how he made sure just to rub Lil's arm and said that's okay or something like it. I don't think he realized his own strength when he playfully hit Sandra so he made sure not to do that to Lil. This of course, is only my personal opinion.

As far as Christa and the ABCD thing goes, I don't think she actually chose D. The entire competition, we saw random, brief views of the players rotating their dice. All of a sudden, Jiff would tell us who was right. I'm sure we didn't see all of the rotating time.

I think they just shot her while she was rotating her die, and it happened to be on D.

I mean, would MB edit that out?? I don't think so. And I'm sure Jiff would comment on that.
    ugh. I don't get time to watch TV anymore, much less hang out at the FORT.

But don't you worry, I'll be back in full force on or about November 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by cruzlvr
    I guess I am in the minority when I think Rupert was not mean to Sandra at the challenge. Everyone was bantering back and forth when putting coconuts in the bin, but seems like Rupert is getting all the bad comments for it doing it. My opinion - if if was any other player who said that it would not be taken as a threat. It is perceived that way because of Rupert's voice and how big he is. What he said to Sandra - "How dare you put a coconut in my bin" and "guess no fish for you tonight at dinner" - I believe he was joking with her. Rupert would not allow anyone to go hungry. Remember his comment about the Morgans? He said something like - I hope they feel confortable in eating all they want - poor things are emaciated. Also when Sandra walked away and rubbed and her and said ouch, then Lil put a coconut in Rup's bin. Anyone notice how he made sure just to rub Lil's arm and said that's okay or something like it. I don't think he realized his own strength when he playfully hit Sandra so he made sure not to do that to Lil. This of course, is only my personal opinion.

I totally agree that he was playing with Sandra, so you're not in the minority. I never thought he was bent out of shape about Sandra dropping one in his bin.
    What I am thinking, is that everyone is getting tired of HEARING it. Whether it's joking or not...he is subconsciously (and perhaps accidently) putting him into everyone's heads in a negative light. Mind you, this IS mho.

I wouldn't even say ANYTHING (joking or not) about being the food provider...just quietly always have the food there, and slide right into UTR mode while everyone else is bantering. People just loveeee to prove that you're not needed for their survival, even if you are the nicest/sweetest person breathing, especially in this game.
    Last edited by Maveno; 11-14-2003 at 05:41 PM.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

He has played well, and he is definately playing the political part of the game. However, he has done himself in over the course of the show, and it will be his own fault when he is booted. For example:

He has blown up at people on a couple of occassions. Something dismissed by his fans, but his tribes have seen those over reactions and intimidations.

He continues to compete to win in every competition, and so far, he fails to grasp that it is not about Drake anymore. He reminds everyone each day that he is unbeatable at the end.

These other folks aren't there to annoint Saint Rupert, they are there to win too, or at least some are, and they need to do what is necessary to better their chances. Rupert will likely be gone as soon as he loses immunity.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    Nah..I don't agree with you. If he brings in fish for everyone to eat, you'd be hanging yourself by rejecting his food. Anyone who says, "no" or "I'm not eating what Rupert catches"...is basically saying, "I am sooo not on anyone's side that's with Rupert".. which would getcha outta the game quick.
    Using the analogy of parents/children & Survivor ?? This is Survivor, not a family issue. With the game, you hafta hide feelings, go with the flow and basically play the best game you can cause you CAN'T leave. Although, I'd LOVE to see someone disassociate with the merged tribe and "run away" to make him/herself their own camp. LOL Next elimination, buh bye runaway!! (damn, that would be great to watch..honestly...for laughs anyway) If you want to win the game, you can't leave.

"but if that's the best you guys can come up with against the guy".... Lets clarify this.... I'm not against Rupert, I'm just pointing out why his popularity (in MY home anyway) has been declining, although we still want him to win.
    It's ok - we can agree to disagree - my point was that if somebody is providing for you, filling your stomach at night, and winning competitions for you, there is a responsibility that comes along with it - a social contract if you will. Surely if you did these things for somebody you didn't even really know, and then had them try to campaign against you, behind your back, I'm sure you would be more than a tad irate - if you wouldn't be - then you are a better person than most...

I'm just saying - if Jon or anyone thinks Rupert is overly domineering, or Mao-esque in his ways, then all they have to do is their own thing - don't smile politely with your hand out and then turn around and shove a knife in the guy's back...

Whay set me off a bit is all these people complaining about Rupert, when, in my opinion, he has played the game with alot more honesty and respect for his fellow players than anyone else there right now (outside of maybe RyanO or Darra - although they don't contribute as much).

Rupert had a right to complain because he earned it.

What has Jon, Lil, or anyone else done for the group on a scale = to Rupert's? If I was bustin my ass to ensure my team was fed everyday, won competitions everyday, and won reward challenges everyday, then I, Like Rupert, would've bullied the hell out of Jon - he would've been picking up his teeth with two broken arms. Rupert is the only one who gives 100%, 100% of the time - and sometimes, when somebody puts that much effort, you let something like an off-handed remark to Sondra slide - which could've easily been an inside joke for all we know - but everybody jumps all over the guys case for it and completely ignores what good sportsmanship he has shown in a game not geared towards such.

+ Reply to Thread