+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 38 FirstFirst ... 23242526272829303132333435363738 LastLast

Thread: 11/13 Show Discussion

Taking a mub bath CluelessPenguin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by firegirl
    They should have gotten rid of Rupert before he was a potential juror! Cause if he doesn't make it to the finals he will bully the jury!
    LOL that's a funny sight to imagine.

Are the jury members allowed to talk to one another? I didn't think they were... for obvious reasons.

FORT Regular
    I haven't read through the pages yet but I thought that the way the vote went down last night after they showed all the votes that it looks like the girls are going to vote off all the guys. I think they went for Ryan to make Rupert and Burton think they are being loyal and to keep them around to get food. In the end I think they will be voting out the men in unity. Why else would Tiajuana and Darah have voted for Ryan?? At the very least just show hostility towards Lil and vote for her.
    Well they can boot off all the guys, and then hug Lil as they send her off to get the firewood :

Truly ... the girls might want to keep Lil around with a ploy. Let her think that since they know she's a scout leader, they feel she's the most survival adept female ... and that they want her to be their leader ?

They ( the women ) should all be fairly certain at this point they can beat Lil in physical challenges as well as at the end.

This episode made me extremely happy because I saw that except for Lill (she seems to be selective), Darrah, and Tijuana (I think they tagged along an alliance and obeyed orders) everyone else was quite willing to form alliances with just about anyone. Sandra, Christa, Jon, and Burton have shown themselves last episode to be ready for anything, and this will mean some interesting alliance play in the last episodes. Rupert is either losing touch with his Sandra/Christa alliance as it has been shown they will dump him when the opportunity presentes itself, or he has secured another alliance off-camera.
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

I have to agree Zaius, it is good to finally see that alliances are in flux as almost everyone is looking to further their position.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by tmcrae
    Haven't had a chance to read everything here, so forgive me in advance for potentially repeating someone, but...

During the "Coconut/Pirate Trivia" IC, I am almost positive I saw Christa hold up the letter "D" as her answer for a question that Jeff read with only "A", "B", or "C" as the choices for answers! I haven't had a chance to review the tape yet. Did anyone else see this, or was I just imagining things??
    I went and checked the tape and, sure enough, when Jeff asked the "Cat-O-Nine-Tails" question, he gave three possible answers ("A", "B" or "C"). Christa held up "D"!

Was she intentionally trying to throw the challenge so she wouldn't have to "coconut" anyone? Seems strange, especially since she got a couple of answers right during the early parts of the game. Maybe she decided to change strategy mid-game.

Quote Originally Posted by tmcrae
    I went and checked the tape and, sure enough, when Jeff asked the "Cat-O-Nine-Tails" question, he gave three possible answers ("A", "B" or "C"). Christa held up "D"!

Was she intentionally trying to throw the challenge so she wouldn't have to "coconut" anyone? Seems strange, especially since she got a couple of answers right during the early parts of the game. Maybe she decided to change strategy mid-game.
    I saw that too, I mentioned in an earlier post that Sandra and Christa may have thrown this in some way. The questions were pretty easy and I'd think there would have been more right answers. Sandra and Christa are plaing pretty good games (except for Christas comments). They know they're going to have to take Rupert out at some point, but showing their boot order now (like what did in John, Rob etc, on Marqueses) would surely doom them. Any coconuts between them would be seen as just "playing", and not as any real hostility.

Damn editing. If Christa and Ryano did have an argument, the only reason we didn't see it was to prolong the suspense. I'm sure a lot more is known about alliances, but we haven't seen them or it would give away too much. Here's to hoping for DVD's some day showing all of this.

It's interesting it went from 6 males and 4 females before the "twist" to 3 males and 5 females now. 4 guys have gone in a row and it could be one or two more before the streak ends. The twist really shook things up in that department as "threats" were assessed. I think Sandra brought Tijuana and Darrah over for the vote, it will be interesting to see what she does with them now. Many of the others are throwing ideas around, but they are just that, ideas. Sandra seems to be able to see the alliances but also possible scenarios, looking ahead without being too hasty. As the others throw ideas out there, she is actually figuring out what will happen. I don't think the others realize her skill in this department, and many of them may pay for it.
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

Rab
    They should have gotten rid of Rupert before he was a potential juror! Cause if he doesn't make it to the finals he will bully the jury!

Rupert had told Burton in private he was always the one being picked on by jocks. Well look at him now he's threatening to kill people that are against him like Chairman Mao. Pretty ironic don't you think?

And if they wanted to get rid of Rupert they should have targeted his coconut bin first. Duh. That was how he won immunity. -_-

FORT Fogey
    Of course. That's why I was so perplexed that they let him win immunity.

I could NOT believe that T gave Ryan coconuts. What a little traitor. She was already backstabbing him BEFORE TC. It wasn't a case of,"Hey, I know I'm going, vote for me so you guys don't look bad," or if it was, she wouldn't have given him coconuts and he might've lasted a little longer in that challenge, especially if they targetted Rupert instead.

Ah, I don't sound so angry anymore. I guess sleep really will do that to ya. Still not pleased by the boot, but I guess I'll get over it.

I think Christa was being so dumb at the IC, but yeah, she definitely might've been throwing it. I too caught that it only had A, B, C as answers and she answered D. I think she definitely wouldn't have done that on accident. I wondered what was up with that during the show.

I really would've liked to see the huge blowout between Christa and Ryan. I want to know WHY they fought. I think I'll ask him at the chat today.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Rab

Rupert had told Burton in private he was always the one being picked on by jocks. Well look at him now he's threatening to kill people that are against him like Chairman Mao. Pretty ironic don't you think?

And if they wanted to get rid of Rupert they should have targeted his coconut bin first. Duh. That was how he won immunity. -_-
    This 'irony' reminds me of something Jack Nicholson once said "I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide, then question the manner in which I provide it. I prefer you said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand to post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to!"

Bottom line: People like Jon (who was threatened) loves riding the wake of Rupert's victories in challenges, fills his belly with Rupert's food, and also enjoys luxuries from reward challenges - yet, as you say above, it's perfectly ok to share in Rupert's success' and then stab the guy in the back (Trish and Jon) -

Rupert had every right in the world to threaten that little two-faced self entitled weasel - if Jon doesn't like Rupert, and wanted to turn against him - fine - but don't fill your stomach with the guy's food and then bitch about him (Rupert) getting ticked off when Jon stabbed him in the back in the first place...

and you guy's think Rupert will bully the jury?

I honestly cannot believe that the arrogant and egotistical Jon tried to snake Rupert, Rupert gets ticked off and rightfully calls him out - to his face no less, and then you people make Rupert out to be the bad guy?

Rupert showed his character quite a few times - with refusing the shower, with giving away his breakfast, with refusing to completely pilige Morgan Tribe's resources (food) when they were allowed to loot...which all the other members of Drake simply wanted to be a-holes and rob them of everything...

There is no question in my mind that if Jon was even half-way honest, and simply was straight-forward with Rupert, Rupert would've reacted quite differently.

Frankly, I hope that buck-ten little weasel rat Jon and the vindictive, mind-of-a-13-year-old, Lil, drown when they are forced to go out and get their own food. (Rupert is most certainly gone as soon as he loses a IC).

Why is indignant self-entitlement the dominant theme in American television? Every reality show on TV seems to be about smug, self serving people who believe everyone owes them something, that the world is their oyster, completely ignorant and blind to the fact that community is about GIVE AND TAKE. Well, I guess the masses are easily entertained - think bell curve.
    Last edited by crackpot; 11-14-2003 at 03:22 PM.

FORT Regular
    More thoughts on the episode.

Burton caught a sting ray but so did Rupe. Burtons one however seemed more electric.

As far as the IC. Im pretty sure we were not seeing any of the true dynamics other than that Ryno was a goner for sure.

After thinking about it the thing D&T did was buy themselves time to figure out who they should trust.

I think you are going to see a continuation of JFP flying a lower profile
    Anyone here think JFP vs Rupert is just an act at this point. Animosity seems to have cooled.

Rupes suggestion that he throw uncleaned fish to T&D and see what they do would be a really bad move.

In the previews we see Lil crying in front of Jon whats up with that.
    Without the outcasts JFP didnt have a prayer now Lil is his best friend.

I think the editing of this episode was very difficult to do without giving away the farm for the next episode and possibly the rest of the season. I think both alliances felt they could bide their time and since Ryno added no real value to either they let him go.

I think this shows two things.
    1 D&T were not nearly as tight with Ryno as we were led to believe Im sure they could have smoothed over relations with any of Lil Jon or Burton and taken the total vote count to 5.

2 Ryno really was not playing the game that well back at morgan. If he were really to make a case for staying it would have relied on Rupert not Burton. There was no basis to expect a relationship with Burton would work unless D&T were as tight as you suspected them of being.
    However you only had to bring 1 to Rupert and that would have been enough.

In the end Ryno had 2 cards to play and played the wrong one.

I think Burton let the game get away from him a bit too by not trying to make more of Ryno's offer.

Next week a new alliance will be revealed im sure of it.

+ Reply to Thread