+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 38 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829303132333435363738 LastLast
Results 301 to 310 of 373

Thread: 11/13 Show Discussion

  1. #301
    aka LAXguy LAGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,029
    It was a somewhat unsatisfying episode, imo, because so much obviously happened -- from a strategic standpoint -- that we didn't see.

    How did we go from a possible Burton/Jon/Lil/Ryan/Darrah/T alliance to a 8-1 vote against Ryan? Were Darrah & T ever even approached with the idea?
    What did the ladies talk about on their walk in the woods? Absolutely no footage was shown.
    Why did Lil take Burton out of the IC? One coconut was fine as a "cover" to their alliance. The second one was too much and doomed him. I feel that there must have been some discussion between them afterwards.
    Rupert looked in danger early on -- even from Christa & Sandra -- yet everyone helps him win immunity. Whereas Ryan was targeted from the first. Why the dramatic shift in focus?
    Christa argues that Burton should go, but Rupert puts the kabosh on that, without a great deal of explanation. He calls Ryan "the leader of the weak." There must have been more to it than that.
    Based on their final comments, why did Christa hate Ryan so much -- and vice-versa? We never saw anything to illustrate that.
    Who approached Darrah & T, and how did they convince them to vote against Ryan? (T's voting camera on Yahoo's Survivor Insider at least helps out a little there. T says she doesn't trust him -- probably because in the final days of Morgan she felt that he & Andrew were about to turn against her -- and that Ryan betrayed their alliance.)

    Though we can speculate answers to the above, usually Survivor gives us a little more to go on. Seems like they spent so much time on the challenges and the breakfast, that the inter-tribal dynamics got short shrift this ep.

    Two more comments:

    Jon showed himself to be a pretty cool customer. He kept mum about the possible Burton alliance when asked about it. Smart move. (Lil should take lessons from him.)

    Just who the hell is Darrah??? I swear, if Jeff doesn't ask her something at TC, we almost never see her. If she makes it to the end, I'm going to be very disappointed. I'd rather the winner be someone who was actually shown to be on the show, rather than someone who has been invisible the whole time.

  2. #302
    Owned by a Wiener Dog Kaky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Texas!
    Posts
    409
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneStarSpur
    You could very well be right.

    But this might have been their only chance to insure that Rupert didn't win an IC. The big guy had no control over whether or not he won this IC. He might go on a Colby-like run of IC wins now. And they might regret not getting him when they could have.

    -Randy
    Very true. Could be that they behaved by protecting his bin from their coconuts was sending him a false sense of security. For a big, strong guy, he has his fair share of paranoia and I think they did a good job (if its strategy) of demonstrating that he can trust them....

    And when he's vulnerable they can vote him off.

    Just some thoughts....
    Fabulous Fifty

    Want to be green?? Join the Premium Member FORT team. Click for more info!

  3. #303
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    284

    Did I just imagine that...?

    Haven't had a chance to read everything here, so forgive me in advance for potentially repeating someone, but...

    During the "Coconut/Pirate Trivia" IC, I am almost positive I saw Christa hold up the letter "D" as her answer for a question that Jeff read with only "A", "B", or "C" as the choices for answers! I haven't had a chance to review the tape yet. Did anyone else see this, or was I just imagining things??

  4. #304
    searching for madness PrincessRight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    away from the maddening crowd
    Posts
    139

    Ryano's Early Show Interview

    Just saw Ryano on The Early Show. Here’s what I picked up:
    (1) Evil Lill (as host Harry Smith referred to Lill Morris) sealed the gloomy fate of the remaining Morgans.
    (2) After Andrew’s exit, he saw the handwriting on the wall and knew he was going to be voted off.
    (3) He was genuinely upset with Andrew's departure.
    (4) He tried to make deals the last couple of days prior to TC.
    (5) Christa and he exchanged heated words and that’s why he voted for her.
    (6) He wasn’t happy with the Outcasts twist and he and Jeff had a heated discussion about it.
    (7) He knew that Burnett would throw all kinds of twists and the challenge was what he signed up for.
    (8) At loser lodge, he smelled food like it was going out of style.
    (9) He gained 10 lbs. in two days after the boot.

    BTW, ladies, like Burton and Andrew, Ryano looked hotter on the islands than in the cemented jungle.
    "If the only prayer you say in your entire life is Thank You, that would be enough."
    Meister Eckhart
    "God can dream a bigger dream for you than you can ever dream for yourself."
    Oprah Winfrey

  5. #305
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    109
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneStarSpur
    You could very well be right.
    But this might have been their only chance to insure that Rupert didn't win an IC. The big guy had no control over whether or not he won this IC. He might go on a Colby-like run of IC wins now. And they might regret not getting him when they could have.
    -Randy

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaky
    Very true. Could be that they behaved by protecting his bin from their coconuts was sending him a false sense of security. For a big, strong guy, he has his fair share of paranoia and I think they did a good job (if its strategy) of demonstrating that he can trust them....

    And when he's vulnerable they can vote him off.

    Just some thoughts....
    Pardon my naivete, but didn't Jiff say ( paraphrased ) "this is where you learn your true standing in the tribe" ? The lack-a-nuts allows Rupert to be assured he has high/highest standing in the eyes of all the tribe members and in fact he actually does. His high status based on admiration, gratitude, respect, fear -- whatever, does still equal high standing in the tribe, and they all pretty much told him that with lack-a-nuts, with Sandra having the guts to "tell" him nobody's perfect.
    They similarly told Ryan he had little if any standing -- no ?

    How Rupert and the others use this info is purposely designed to determine future strategy. Rupert and all the others should review the order of elimination, who placed the nuts where/when, consider whether it was all sincere or strategic, etc., as well as ask themselves the question of whether a high/low tribal standing is a good thing or a bad thing and proceed accordingly. Follow ?

    I don't think they truly "fear" Rupert, but rather all know that if they want to win it will not be next to Rupert in the F2.

    Kaky, you may well have nailed it.

  6. #306
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    88
    Rupert doesnt trust any of them. Over the last few episodes we have seen Rupert make deals then break them. Rupert is a bit more sly than to believe that Sandra and Christa are solidily in his pocket.

    Im not sure that what everyone on the outside says about going against rupert at the final is the viewpoint those on the island share. Look at the Jury as it shapes up.

    Ryno. Unless its D or T with Rupert Im pretty sure he has jumped off the rupert train.

    Jon - definitely not on the Rupert Train.

    Burton - not a lot of reason to vote for rupert because it marks twice the big man has ousted him only Jon in the F2 can put Burtons vote in Rupes favor. (Or maybe Burton is actually as honest as he sometimes makes himself out to be)

    Sandra - unless she goes out earlier through no fault of ruperts then she will probably vote to slight him even if it is Jon

    Christa- probably in Ruperts camp.

    T - Not so sure she would vote for Rupert unless Lil is in F2

    D - Who knows what she thinks

    Lil - Can be as vindictive as anyone and probably will vote rupert.

    So in conclusion its not a sure thing for Rupert and his best bets are Jon or Lil for sure but those are anyones best bets at this point. Except possibly Sandra who would rather have T or D.

    I think Sandra gave Rupert a coconut at the time she did because it was fairly safe to do so. I think many of them were being playfull and rather silly about the whole thing. I think the Pagonging is on in full swing really and the way the IC went down was just proving drake unity.

  7. #307
    Very Proud Grandpa! LoneStarSpur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas, USA
    Age
    59
    Posts
    590
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaky
    Very true. Could be that they behaved by protecting his bin from their coconuts was sending him a false sense of security. For a big, strong guy, he has his fair share of paranoia and I think they did a good job (if its strategy) of demonstrating that he can trust them....

    And when he's vulnerable they can vote him off.

    Just some thoughts....
    Good point. And they could be scared to death of him, too. LOL I'm not sure I would have been brave enough to put a coconut in his tray.

    I'll be surprised if ol' Rupe makes it much farther, though. He better start winning IC's.

    -Randy

  8. #308
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    284
    Quote Originally Posted by holly71
    I'm really confused: everyone was saying they gotta get Rupert gone, but only 1 person gave him a coconut? Something must've changed that we don't know about yet. I'm just glad my man Rupert got immunity! GO RUPERT!
    Here's my take on the whole situation. Maybe the idea was to actually show the entire tribe that Rupert is the man at the top of the totem pole during this challenge. Sure, you give him immunity this one time. But everyone is now going to know for sure that he is the top dog in the tribe. By allowing Rupert to win this IC, the rest of the tribe has effectively painted a big bullseye on him.

    Remember what happened with the falling coconuts in S4? It revealed, in a none too subtle way, that Paschal and Neleh would be the first alliance members to be voted out. When Neleh figured that out, she and Pappy turned the tables on the rest of their alliance and Pagonged them! Sweet!

  9. #309
    Leo
    Leo is offline
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    10,033
    If there's one thing I learned from S6, it's that when you get to the final two, anything goes. The worry with Rupert should be that if he gets to the final three, he has a very good shot of winning the final IC and thus picking who he brings with him. Lately the trend has been the IC winner going home with the prize. This was something I brought up during S6.

  10. #310
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    109
    Quote Originally Posted by caychris
    Rupert doesnt trust any of them. Over the last few episodes we have seen Rupert make deals then break them. Rupert is a bit more sly than to believe that Sandra and Christa are solidily in his pocket.

    I agree that Rupert is not stupid and is playing the game. The question is whether or not he is strategically adept enough to diffuse their "challenge threat" perception of him at this point. Remember, neither of last nights challenges were based on physical power and he won them anyway !


    Im not sure that what everyone on the outside says about going against rupert at the final is the viewpoint those on the island share. Look at the Jury as it shapes up.

    Ryno. Unless its D or T with Rupert Im pretty sure he has jumped off the rupert train.

    Disagree. He dislikes Christa, D & T "backstabbed" him. Lill is a 2cnd hand rose as well as weird and unstable Burton refused a deal and is a returnee as well. Jon is a distasteful, undeserving twerp. Don't know his position w/Sandra ... Rupert took him under his wing, and Ryan said Rupe was a "Godsend" to Morgan.

    Jon - definitely not on the Rupert Train.

    Not sure about that. Depending on how things shake down, might in the end give Rupert props as most deserving.

    Burton - not a lot of reason to vote for rupert because it marks twice the big man has ousted him only Jon in the F2 can put Burtons vote in Rupes favor. (Or maybe Burton is actually as honest as he sometimes makes himself out to be)

    Rupert did not vote for Burton the first time as he was Morgan's "captive" at the time. Burton is a former Drake as well as a "man's, man" the only man left is Rupert -- Jon doesn't count -- in the end he'd vote Rupert against anyone except, maybe, and that's a big maybe ... Lil. Burton is NOT honest !


    Sandra - unless she goes out earlier through no fault of ruperts then she will probably vote to slight him even if it is Jon

    Nah. She repects Rupert. 'nuff said.


    Christa- probably in Ruperts camp.

    Definitely.

    T - Not so sure she would vote for Rupert unless Lil is in F2

    She would. Besides Darrah, he's the only one left that she has any history with.

    D - Who knows what she thinks

    Still waters ...

    Lil - Can be as vindictive as anyone and probably will vote rupert.

    She has apparently currently transferred her head from up Andrew's shorts to up Burton's, so she'd just follow someone on the jury's lead.

    So in conclusion its not a sure thing for Rupert and his best bets are Jon or Lil for sure but those are anyones best bets at this point. Except possibly Sandra who would rather have T or D.

    Nothing's a sure thing and concensus seems to be that it's all moot because Rupert probably won' make F2.

    I think Sandra gave Rupert a coconut at the time she did because it was fairly safe to do so. I think many of them were being playfull and rather silly about the whole thing.

    I think it was spunky of her and I'm sure she was purposely sending a mixed message.

    I think the Pagonging is on in full swing really and the way the IC went down was just proving drake unity.

    But where does that put Burt and Lil ?

    Ok shoot me, but my prefered boot order, based on strategy as well as faves would be as follows:

    Burton
    Lil
    T
    Jon

    F4

    Darrah
    Christa/Sandra
    Rupert

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.