+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 38 FirstFirst ... 20212223242526272829303132333435363738 LastLast

Thread: 11/13 Show Discussion

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    still waiting for the schemeing....the back stabbing....the ladies with or without lil...who is just a bit too into the boy scout thing to be comfortable with that....and the case for her being the world's oldest tomboy can be made....would be a much needed surprise...and would get rid of jon quicker then if the vote goes along Tribal lines....though its clear their strategy would be get rid of the guys in direct proportion to their ability to provide food for the tribe....jon would be gone before Rupert either way.....

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    Rupert naked....please MB if he ever ever loses his clothes....edit....edit....edi t...there are some things we don't need to see.....

Quote Originally Posted by mischief4911
    What I find really interesting in the whole thing is that the two people that I find the most manipulative (or at least actively so) [IMHO] are the two people who spend the greater part of their real lives councilling and mentoring children and teens. Makes me wonder.........
    Ok end of my rant....
    Doesn't make me wonder at all. In order to be good at any job working with people, you have to be able to manipulate the encounter to your advantage. More so with kids and teens. Shoot, look at teachers, you have to convince 25 (or so) little kids that you love them equally , care about them equally, think they can do and learn what ever you give them but make them have enough fear of you that they aren't going to step out of line and create chaos in the classroom. You have to convince parents that they are part of this and keep them involved. It takes manipulation (and lots of energy, intelligence, the ability to read people, and a general love of what you are doing) but a teacher or anyone else working with people, has to be able to control the situation to their advantage. They have to, to be good at what they are doing, put aside their mood, their problems, their bad day, and work with the person they are working with at their level making that other person feel good, successful, understood and motavated. You can call it some nice name but deep down...it's manipulation.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

I like Rupert. I think it's time for him to go if anyone else wants a chance to win, though. My wife will be really bummed if he goes, though.

Lill drives me nuts. What was that "now I know how Jesus felt" line last night? I don't get it. And she's so pitiful in her attempts to mask her intentions.

I really liked when Rupert stopped Lill's whining last night, and told her not to do that. So "counselor-like".

Burton has an idea, but not a plan. That's a recipe for disaster. Same with Jon. And what was with Burton "outing" Jon last night about whether they could vote out Rupert or not? That was either a bold calculated move or an attempt to get votes for Jon. I can't decide which.

Some post ep thoughts that I couldn't post last night because my son hijacked the computer...

Lill has got to be the LAMEST actor ever. The middle school here turns out better actors than her. She singlehandedly managed to broadcast to the entire tribe that she and Burton were talking strategy (not that they didn't know already, but her weird self-conscious behavior ensured that Rupe knew they were talking about ousting him).

Burton dear, the more people you half draw into an alliance and the more people you make conflicting promises to, the more likely it is that your cute butt is going to get burned soon. My God, why Lill??

T & D, you can skate UTR for a few more TCs while the rest of the tribe votes off Rupert and probably Burton, but then your laziness is going to catch up to you. If you can't even rouse yourself to collect firewood, how many ICs do you expect to win? You signed up for this girls, try to get with the program and get in the game, eh?

Jon, I swear, if I ever see you, you get a bowling ball straight to the crotch. Ugh. Is it my imagination or is he suddenly becoming a lot more serious? Either the JFP act is wearing off or he finally gets it that people don't like him. They need his vote, but they don't like him.

Christa and Sandra...where to start. I like Sandra sassing Jon, hate that damn peach outfit, although she still manages to look less bug-bitten than the rest in it. I knew she'd turn on Rupert sooner rather than later - she strikes me as more of a leader than Andrew was, in her own way. Christa, quit with the drugs - does Jiffy know you smuggled pot onto the island? Good heavens, she was out of it this week. Keep it up with your mouth and attitude at TC, I'll be happy to see you go since you've shown what a snake you are.

Ryan's exit wasn't much of a surprise and I didn't care all that much. He seemed like a nice enough guy, but he didn't do enough alliance-building or scheming or much of anything else to show he had a personality (Pelican Pete excepted). I wonder what he'll think if he ever sees T&D voted him out too.

Rupert, Rupert, Rupert. I think it's likely he goes next week, there's too much fear swarming through the tribe toward him (and rightly so, he's an intimidating guy). As much as I like him, he doesn't have the personality to win this game, but he's got a hell of a lot of strength of will and character and I have to admire him for it. He'd have done better on an Amazing Race type show where it's the work and the getting there, not the scheming. I'm sure he'd have liked the money, but I'm also sure that he's one of those guys who's doing what he likes and is just as happy for the experience. I'm half-dreading, half-excited for his vote-off. He's going to have his feelings hurt big time when he sees his tribe turn on him, because I really don't think he expects it. At least he gets a nice vacation for a while though and he can glower at them across the fire at TC.

I think I'll enjoy the show more when he's gone though, since he's really the last person I care about. It's easier to watch backstabbing when it's all among people who deserve it.

I hate to even say it, but I really can start to see a Lill (God help me) and Sandra final two - the rest of them are just too dumb to get there or to see Lill as any kind of threat.

Finally - I wonder what the bejeezus Lill was sniveling about in the preview. She can't act worth squat, so they had to be genuine...so she either spilled Burton's secret to someone or she broke a promise to someone else (like Rupert?).

Leo
    Premium Member
    I wasn't able to watch this episode of Survivor because of my classes, but it looks like I didn't miss all that much. I'll just wait for the replay this Sunday over here.

I'm thinking the group avoided putting coconuts in Rupert's bin because they have a strategy. Get rid of the strongest men...keeping Rupert close and then remove him for an all girl alliance ending.

They've hinted at an all girl alliance going on and I have to wonder if that was what Christa's lecture/chat during TC was to cover up? "I'm mad at T and the Morgan's laziness..." when underneath it all is a gal alliance.

I would think they need to keep Rupert close and happy hunting fish until the last moment....

The gals outnumber the guys....Rupert has been leading an alliance (in front of the cameras) with the gals of Drake from the beginning. Just as this episode showed, Christa and Sandra are thinking on their own apart from him too.

All gal final 4 is what I think.
    Fabulous Fifty

Want to be green?? Join the Premium Member FORT team. Click for more info!

searching for madness PrincessRight's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Cullen
    Does Lill Abner irritate the rest of you as much as she bugs the crap out of me? I swore I wasn't going to trash her again, but 30 seconds of her pathetic cluelessness, the likes of which Survivor has never seen before, and I couldn't help it. Actually suggested on my blog that she might be borderline mentally retarded--what's the correct term now?

I know I'll get hate mail. I know she's a nice lady, but good lord. Those weeblos must have her literally tied in knots at their little jamborees.

Favorite quote from a reader: 'And although I love Lill sometimes, her scouts-tell-the-truth hand-wringing ("spoon-feed me the serpentine plot points, Ryan baby - spoon feed me") makes me think she would have blurted out to that young Nazi in The Sound of Music" that the Von Trapps went that-a-way, up into the mountains.'

So glad somebody is with me on that. I so bet you money she is going to screw up every alliance she signs up with. She'd be giving up the Von Trapp family, handing Ann Frank over to the Nazis--"Check the attic! Check the attic!"--Dorothy to the wicked witch of the West . . . take your pick, she's gonna be your stoolie.
    I posted this in the Andrew Savage thread and am repeating it here as it seems an appropriate response:

"Speaking of Lill, is it possible that she's really a plant that MB included in the cast to mess up the game? All her actions and behaviour seem to be inconsistent with someone who's seriously playing the game and trying to win it. Is it possible she's not a scout troop leader but a B movie actress we never heard of? And is it possible that the return of the booties was scripted after she was voted off so that she could be sent back and continue to mess the players?..."

Is it possible that Lillian Morris is the BIG LIE that everyone is talking about?
    "If the only prayer you say in your entire life is Thank You, that would be enough."
    Meister Eckhart
    "God can dream a bigger dream for you than you can ever dream for yourself."
    Oprah Winfrey

Leo
    Premium Member
    Right know, I don't like the sound of an all-female final four. Tijuana and Darrah have done absolutely zip so far to merit getting there.

Very Proud Grandpa! LoneStarSpur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaky
    I'm thinking the group avoided putting coconuts in Rupert's bin because they have a strategy. Get rid of the strongest men...keeping Rupert close and then remove him for an all girl alliance ending.

They've hinted at an all girl alliance going on and I have to wonder if that was what Christa's lecture/chat during TC was to cover up? "I'm mad at T and the Morgan's laziness..." when underneath it all is a gal alliance.

I would think they need to keep Rupert close and happy hunting fish until the last moment....

The gals outnumber the guys....Rupert has been leading an alliance (in front of the cameras) with the gals of Drake from the beginning. Just as this episode showed, Christa and Sandra are thinking on their own apart from him too.

All gal final 4 is what I think.
    You could very well be right.

But this might have been their only chance to insure that Rupert didn't win an IC. The big guy had no control over whether or not he won this IC. He might go on a Colby-like run of IC wins now. And they might regret not getting him when they could have.

-Randy

+ Reply to Thread