+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: 11/13 Show Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Cullen

Under any circumstances, I think Rupert's chances of survival would be just about where they are now, just about zero.

It would be amusing IMNSHO if Rupe just blasted through all the ICs and then vanished off the island just before the final 2 vote...only to resurface just before the final airing of Survivor on Jay Leno, clean shaven, sporting a Howie Long flattop, dressed in a 3-piece suit, signing a multi-million dollar advertising contract.
    Paintin' the Town Blue!

FORT Regular

Yes I was refering to Burton screwing up

Yes I was talking about Burton which was in my subject line. Sorry for not making that clear.

I agree with you Dave Cullen about Rupert. I'm not impressed with his gameplay, in fact, I'm outraged. That guy constantly intimidates people. Tonight was horrible. He tells Burton he'll kill him if he turns on him? Then he gets upset about Sandra putting one coconut in his trough in the IC. Rupert is using his physical strength in the wrong way - to scare people. He towers over everyone and throws temper tantrums. I really thought he might hit Jon over that TC vote a few weeks ago. I'm so sick of Rupert's delusions that Survivor was created for him and that he owns everything on the island and how dare anyone do anything to make his game less than perfect. He is making himself a huge target and I don't think he'll be around much longer.

It sucked to see RyanO leave tonight. I too will miss his smile and sweetness. With Savage and RyanO gone, I'm rooting for Darrah and T still. Not sure why, but I want to see Burton go far. I couldn't stand Jonny Fairplay from the start, but I'd rather see him win than Rupert or Christa. RyanO sure was right about Christa - what a bitch!

Edited to say: When not on this board, I just refer to Ryan Opray as Ryan. He's the only Ryan I care about in the game, and he IS pretty yet manly. Love that guy. On here, I just call him RyanO since everyone else does, so they know who I'm talking about.
    Last edited by thatoconnorgirl; 11-14-2003 at 03:14 AM.

Just an Excitable Boy Dave Cullen's Avatar
    i know. time for bed.

rhino never did much for me, even with that, my preferred spelling.

i could live with hottie ryan. (i think it needs a second syllable, that's what my hear tells me. maybe just cause skinny ryan did.)

but he'll always be pretty ryan to me.

of course dimples isn't going to call him that, but i can. (and pretty ryan probably never called dimples dimples, either, but he's never been anything else to me. though as the other lines in his face have deepened into caverns, his dimples grow less and less stunning. that guy has aged about ten years since we first met richard hatch and susan hawk.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Meanie
    It is too bad that, as in all these "reality" entertainment shows, the best qualified and most dominate contestant rarely comes out on top. IMHO the next few IC's will be "designed" to be in favor of the rest of the tribe.

Letís say if I were really stranded on an island I sure the heck wouldn't want to be forced to rely on Jon,Tijuana, or Darrah.
    Nice post, Blue. I do agree with you on the "survival" point...Rupert's definitely the only player who could actually survive out on his own. I still give him props for that; I just think all his power is going to his head a bit and, therefore, he's starting to annoy me.

Just an Excitable Boy Dave Cullen's Avatar
    wow, you have a subject line (caychris). i've never noticed one here before, including that one. it's easy to flip the names, but i think you can still edit it, that's why i was pointing it out.

occonorgirl, loved this quote of yours: "I'm so sick of Rupert's delusions that Survivor was created for him and that he owns everything on the island and how dare anyone do anything to make his game less than perfect."

Captures my feelings about him exactly. I should clarify. I don't hate Rupert. Never have. But this game has gone to his head so badly, he is acting so entitled, so demanding, soon he will require them to prostrate before him and back out of an audience so as never to reveal their hindquarters to the tender vision of the emperor.

The minute he starts making them address him as "your grace . . ."

I'm already picturing his Early Show appearance. At least I'm hoping it goes like this: The first thirty seconds he does nothing but apologize: "I made such an ass of myself. I got so drunk with power . . ."

I don't think he's a bad guy, I just think a lot of pepole behave really badly when they're drunk. I've been known to.

But all I've got to go by is this game, and if he gets madly drunk with power and starts chanelling Colonel Kurtz, I want him booted. The sooner the better, and I do believe I'll get my wish. Who the hell wants to live under Colonel Kurtz?

FORT Regular
    I think the interpretation that Rupert is arrogant is not accurate. I view Ruperts claims of "My island", "My adventure" etc as not him owning or running the show but rather his enjoyment of the experience. To Rupert he has submerged himself in the role of the pirate and is out having fun. I think what others see as arrogance is just Rupert expressing his desire for his adventure to continue. I agree in some ways he is playing the game poorly relying on the provider role a bit too much. But the arrogance I think others see is just his desire to not have his experience tainted.

How many of us would not consider this the adventure of a lifetime. I think Rupe is more down to earth than what we are seeing in the editing. If you look at his career history its kind of a Jack of all trades most of which are not "Glorious" positions and not the kind of things one usually finds arrogant people doing.

I like him for the flavor he adds to the show. He seems to have more layers to him than many of the others.

I would have loved to see Ryno stay especially when all the editing to this point made it look like he was a true Rupert follower then he approaches Burton trying to break Ruperts alliance.
    I think this is where Burton failed to recognize an opportunity.

FORT Regular
    Too late couldnt go back and edit time window expired.

caychris...

Nicely put. I too agree that Rupe is having the time of his life in this "game." And I fully agree that he is a journeyman with "jack of all trade" skills that not only give him an edge but also have been to the benefit of all the Drakes and now the Balboas. I also would liked to have seen Rhino outlast some of the other "under the radar" players.
    Paintin' the Town Blue!

I'm also wondering too, if Rupert will cringe at his behavior while watching the episodes? The power trip is just way out of control. I know that so many people here love Rupert, but I'd like to see him voted off soon. Get angry if you will. I don't hate Rupert, but I want to see how the other contestants would play the game without that fear of him hanging over their heads. I'd like to see the personalities of the other people on the island. I feel jilted, not being able to see RyanO and Shawn onscreen more before Jeff snuffed out their torches.

Back to tonight's episode: the "show your true alliance" IC's suck. Ryan was doomed from the beginning of the challenge. I wish MB would start putting a challenge that gives everyone a fair shot after the merge for once.

Oh, and thanks for the link to Ryan's application video Dave Cullen. I hadn't seen that. All I can say is, wow!

+ Reply to Thread