+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Season 7 Spoiler Discussion Thread - for any and all spoilers.

Princess
    I agree with you, Queenraw, and I never understood why you need to have X number of posts or having seen Y number of episodes before you are allowed to have an opinion about something. The spoiler information, as well as discussions and recaps of current and previous episodes are redily available on the net for anyone who wants to spend the time searching and reading.
    I remember when I started watching Survivor (4), I just couldn't get enough and went and searched for recaps and discussions of previous shows, and read them all, and I learned a lot.

Nancy, I think you misunderstood TheFlying. What he said was that he didn't want this thread to become a discussion about whether the spoiler was accurate or not since we all already know that they may or may not be correct. The point of the thread was to do some fun speculation based on available spoilers.

And now this thread has gotten completely off topic...
    Last edited by Modesty; 11-13-2003 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by queenraw
    (Let me get behind my shield before I start this one.)

Okay. I guess I don't understand why people get irritated with the Flying about posting Spoilers and being passionate about the Spoilers. I probably know more than the Flying about the show since I have been watching RELIGIOUSLY since S1. But, I think it is just interesting to read all of the different speculations and theories.

I know that we all know that there is no one that can say exactly what will happen on the show besides the producers, Probst, and the contestants themselves. And, we all know that that's not going to happen. So, why not speculate? It's all in good fun. And, some people are just more passionate about how they communicate than others. (My husband is like that and it can drive me crazy!)
    ______________________________ ______________

I don't think the irritation is with posting Spoilers, I personally don't mind Spoilers. I do mind someone telling me they are annoyed if I choose to disagree with the Spoiler or question it's reliability. People are allowed to have different opinions and this board is a forum to post those opinions.

nlmcp, I do agree with that.

When posters get defensive about their Spoilers being questioned and go on the attack, it is annoying. Back in the day, those Dawson's Creek would go onto a site that was for people who hated the show and go on the attack over every comment made about James Van Der Beek's receding hairline. But, they couldn't be kept out, so they were just tolerated and teased. Thank goodness this isn't a group of people discussing the show in a small non-air-conditioned room! I'd pull out my camera and hide behind a chair.

Unless they are changing the tradition vote reveal live rule, there are very few people on this earth who know who the winner is. So I choose to doubt.

I am a big advocate that an outcast should not win the final vote, but no doubt it wouldn't hurt to take one there as your opponent, so I could see Lil making it there, and making every week of the show annoying to me in the process. However, once you get to the final 2, anything is possible, just ask Tina, Vee, and Jenna.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Princess
    This is rather funny... (ok... I admit to lurking at Sucks)... Snewser just posted: "Maybe you've convinced me to pick Lillian instead now. Maybe I just can't stand the thought of being that bored with a rhino boot?". 1 min later SNN and TDT have changed their boot pick to Lillian.
    Spoilers, shmoilers!

1)
    Maybe you've convinced me to pick Lillian instead now. Maybe I just can't stand the thought of being that bored with a rhino boot?". 1 min later SNN and TDT have changed their boot pick to Lillian.
    This is honestly why I do not think Lill will be booted tonight, there is no inside spoilers or whatever, it's just someone recalling some slight wording of an original spoiler that doesn't even have to happen in this episode.

2) Okay, geez, how else am I supposed to word it to get my point accross?

I said, I cannot tell you what you can post and cannot post.

When posters get defensive about their Spoilers being questioned and go on the attack, it is annoying.
    I have worded things twice in order to make it clear I'm not trying to attack people. Number 1 was in one of the Season 8 All-Star spoiling thread, and obviously I didn't get my point across (that's my fault though) and try #2 was in this thread.

We all know some spoilers may not pan out. It gets frustraiting when we are discussing a spoiler and the scenerios that can lead up to it, only to have someone completely steer the discussion into wheather or not the spoiler is credible, because

1) When you're dealing with spoilers, you should pre-know that they can turn out wrong

2) What is arguing over if a spoiler is credible going to help on this forum? I can guarantee you, people with inside spoiling information don't come to the FoRT, they go to Sucks. Pretty much everyone here, myself included, long time posters, mods, John, etc, hell even 99% of Sucks, noone is going to be able to give the answer here on wheather a spoiler or not is credible.

You can make a case for any single spoiler site or person and that it may not be credible. Every single one. Noone has a perfect track record. So by coming into a spoiler thread where people are discussing spoilers, yah, it is frustraiting. To a degree though.

I think what some people don't realize (not that I would naturally expect them too) is when I post spoilers or spoiler threads here, I'm not posting every single little thing that could be considered a spoiler.

For example, I would never post "A person named Mr411 claims Andrew, Ryan O, and then Rupert go next".

It's logical when you think about it. The spoilers that are talked about most usually have some degree of credibility and reason to them, or else they wouldn't be talked about. The most talked about spoilers are the ones that make their way to other forums. The talked about spoilers are talked about, because in the Mr411 example, he knows the relatives/loved ones that fly down for the family reward challenge. None are related to Ryan O. After posting that info, if someone were to come in here and say "why should we believe Mr411", well, what am I or anyone else supposed to say? Yes to that person? No to that person? On what basis? We don't have one. Noone can make an argument to that statement, because even spoilers that were told to be "99.99%" right by the leading spoiler sites, the .01% happened and they weren't right.
    Could Mr411 be lying his ass off and posting a complete and utter hoax? Of course. But I think when it comes to the major spoiler sites, when they are pretty certain about something (and they are sure to let people know the difference), it's just as easy for someone to say "well, why not believe them? They do have a very good track record."

I think in one line what I'm trying to say, is that spoilers, wheather they become right or wrong, should be able to be discussed. Why? Because noone will be able to argue against them being credible, and therefore it's basically pointing out what anyone who reads spoilers should know, and the thread becomes pointless arguing on something we cannot prove, when we could be having a nice discussion.

Personally, I don't know about anyone else, I like discussing spoilers here, and their scenerios, and how they could play out. I usually go to Sucks to see if it has any credibility to it whatsoever, as there are people that post at Sucks that would have more insight on that than anyone here that I've seen in the many months I've been here.

Sorry, that was so long.
    Last edited by TheFlying; 11-13-2003 at 06:39 PM.

FORT Fan
    Nah, Lill goes tonight, hopefully.
    Last edited by jayjay00; 11-13-2003 at 07:23 PM.

Snewser is BSing. There is no logical reason Lillian would go tonight, imo.

Hubris, thy name is... BootsieBarker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlying
    We really need one of these.

No. No, we don't... especially one with information already posted.

As of this writing, there are 255 threads in the "Survivor" forum, and better than thirty of those have the word "spoiler" or "speculation" in the title. With apologies to the owner and moderators of this website, this thread smacks of self-aggrandizement.
    Last edited by lobeck; 11-14-2003 at 10:21 AM.

Ah, but Bootsie, we had nothing to do with the starting of this thread. It was all TheFlying's doing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast