+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Burnett on Art Bell Show

Thank you! George, that's it. I'm glad he's taking over and not some of the other losers that have guest hosted.

Don't get me started on Barbara. :rolleyes

Back on topic - Isn't Art a big Survivor fan?
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

I think I remember him talking about not missing the show last year.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Did anyone catch the interview?
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Da Entervewe(maybe I need to take that spelling test again)

Ok, here are the highlights of the interview.

He used to compete in a French version of eco-challenge. You can only sign up for Eco on the net. This year when they opened the site, in the first 20 minutes they had over a 1000 teams trying to sign up. One-third of the teams that compete are returnees from before. The show is scheduled for April on USA network. There were a number of competitors in the hospital after the race suffering from a jungle virus. After the
    Borneo race, 300 people were sent to the hospital with an infection due to animal feces in the water and streams.
    It cost $15,000 for team entry and they only win $50,000

The first survivor show had the highest ratings of any summer show since 1973. The Africa and Marquessa's shows were ranked 1&2 for their seasons, both beating Friends in ratings. The basic formula he uses is to take 16 "A" type personalities and take their food away and dangle a $1,000,000 "carrot" in front of them and watch what happens. All the challenges are planned and scheduled in order before shooting starts and they don't mess with it even if one team is down on people. The crew camps in tents and uses camp showers, even Jeff Probst. Only one time did they have better accomondation.s

He said on Eco, the teams forget about the cameras after about 3 hours and on survivor they forget about them after about a day or so.

Anyways, thats what I could get written down.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Thanks Ilikai! I missed it, y'know, falling asleep and stuff.

Pretty coincidental how John and crew screwed themselves over. He couldn't have planned that any better.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Thanks for the info, Ilikai!

Supposedly, part of the reason they're picking the Amazon for S6 is that the crew can stay in a resort which is near the "game" area.

well from what I gather, the marquessas was the first time they had real decent accomodations with that cruise ship as their hotel. Other than that, it was tent city for all of them. Burnett said he was even in the tents too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12