+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A Request for Mark Burnett

A Request for Mark Burnett

Mark - you are doing such a great job this season that I just have to ask - can we have two episodes a week of Survivor next season??? One just isn't enough. We need more info!!

Oh - and one more thing - When can you take over on the Big Brother project? We need you desperately over there!! This season just didn't cut it.

Rab
    This probably has been discussed before but look at your TV Guide and tell us when there's an open timeslot if you want two episodes a week..

Quote Originally Posted by Rab
    This probably has been discussed before but look at your TV Guide and tell us when there's an open timeslot if you want two episodes a week..

Well, lets see - tonight at 7 would be good for me. I can do without the Andy Griffith Show Reunion. Hummm... I didn't see the post where it was discussed before. If you know where it is let me know - I would like to read up on it.

I still want the extra episode. I am sure if they can squeeze in 3 episodes a week of Big Brother (as bad and as boring as this season was)- I can have two of Survivor.

Rab
    Quote Originally Posted by Susie

Well, lets see - tonight at 7 would be good for me. I can do without the Andy Griffith Show Reunion. Hummm... I didn't see the post where it was discussed before. If you know where it is let me know - I would like to read up on it.

I still want the extra episode. I am sure if they can squeeze in 3 episodes a week of Big Brother (as bad and as boring as this season was)- I can have two of Survivor.
    Lol I think John had either deleted the thread or closed it. Can't remember which but one woman complained about wanting to see Survivor more than once a week.

I wasn't thinking of Big Brother but they have more episodes, thus need more airtime to wrap it up in time for another reality show to take its place.

Not over yet.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Susie
    Mark - you are doing such a great job this season that I just have to ask - can we have two episodes a week of Survivor next season??? One just isn't enough. We need more info!!

Oh - and one more thing - When can you take over on the Big Brother project? We need you desperately over there!! This season just didn't cut it.

Go Susie!

I am so with you on this one. There is plenty of bad TV on (NCIS anyone) that they can easily squeeze in more Survivor.

I am much afraid that if this advice were taken, Survivor would suffer from overexposure ala "Who Wants To Be a Millionaire" and we would all be sick of it.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    I am much afraid that if this advice were taken, Survivor would suffer from overexposure ala "Who Wants To Be a Millionaire" and we would all be sick of it.
    I agree. Survivor is perfectly paced. 2 seasons a year, with a few months in between to rebuild the anticipation for the next. All they have to do is continue finding diversified, interesting contestants and throw in occasional surprises, and this show itself will be able to "survive" forever.

As much as I love the show, I'm not sure whether more episodes each week would be a good idea.

Taking Big Brother as an example, the three episodes a week format seemed to be too much in this past boring (imo) season.

I think I could take and extra episode per week of Pearl Islands, not sure I would have foud much of interest in an extra episode of Thailand though.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey
    A few points.....

1. Big brother is on during the summer when there is not much new stuff so it "fills" the schedule with new material. Survivor now is done right at the beginning of the Prime time schedule so it would be harder to fit it in, although i hate mosly everything on CBS anyways so i am open for 2 hours

2. I think survivor would be better if it was only once a year, that way we would wait a whole year in anticipation for it.

Rab
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlaFan
    A few points.....

1. Big brother is on during the summer when there is not much new stuff so it "fills" the schedule with new material. Survivor now is done right at the beginning of the Prime time schedule so it would be harder to fit it in, although i hate mosly everything on CBS anyways so i am open for 2 hours

2. I think survivor would be better if it was only once a year, that way we would wait a whole year in anticipation for it.
    Yeah I hate all the CBS sitcoms. CSI and Without a Trace are the only good non-reality shows I watch on that channel. That's what makes Thursday night special for me.

Once a year would be nice I guess, sort of like the Amazing Race.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast