+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A Request for Mark Burnett

Leo
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by E-Daddy
    Both of those episodes are already longer than an hour.
    To quote many a politician, I misspoke. Yeah, they already are longer than an hour - and my point was there was no need to make the other episodes longer than an hour.

I love the way CBS has Survivor on twice a year and TAR stuck in between. Just when Survivor ends, I can enjoy TAR and not have to get into them at the same time. I love them both so equally, my heart couldn't take both in one season. Thank goodness they are on the same channel.

The last TAR was one of the best, just as S7 is one of the best. Imagine if they were on competing networks and were put in the same time slot!

Quote Originally Posted by Rab
    Lol I think John had either deleted the thread or closed it. Can't remember which but one woman complained about wanting to see Survivor more than once a week.

I wasn't thinking of Big Brother but they have more episodes, thus need more airtime to wrap it up in time for another reality show to take its place.

I am not certain, but it seems to me the reason for the 3 episodes a week of Big Brother is that this show comes during the summer; a proverbial low ratings season, usually filled with reruns, summer replacements, and pilots. Surivivor is prime time Fall ratings sweep season. It is a big budget, big number time of year and would possibly be considered too big of a risk for two episodes a week. Personally, I would be thrilled!

Rab
    Quote Originally Posted by chase
    I am not certain, but it seems to me the reason for the 3 episodes a week of Big Brother is that this show comes during the summer; a proverbial low ratings season, usually filled with reruns, summer replacements, and pilots. Surivivor is prime time Fall ratings sweep season. It is a big budget, big number time of year and would possibly be considered too big of a risk for two episodes a week. Personally, I would be thrilled!
    Actually I think you're right on the Big Brother topic.

I like having something to look foward to every Thursday for several weeks. I'm usually busy on all the other days.

Quote Originally Posted by Rab
    Actually I think you're right on the Big Brother topic.

I like having something to look foward to every Thursday for several weeks. I'm usually busy on all the other days.

Well, since I seem to be mostly alone in my quest for more Survivor - maybe MB could just hire me to run around the survivor camp cleaning camera's or something.

By the way Rab - love your avatars!!

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    I think more than once a week is overkill. It gives enough time for the brain to run through all sorts of scenarios.

Also, with the pace of the game and what is shown, what could you show with 2/week? First show reward challenge, 2nd show IC and TC? Too dragged out.

Love the pace - although I could do without commercials

I would love to see Survivor on twice a week. Absolutely no reality show could be as bad as the last Big Brother. Guess because the last BB had so much tampering by the producer, Julie stupid Chen and such horrid people on anything looks good to me. I have enjoyed every episode of this years Survivor, only thing I would enjoy more would be two shows a week. I'm not real fond of Jon but he looks like an angel compared to the BB group.

Quote Originally Posted by Oceansands

I would love to see Survivor on twice a week. Absolutely no reality show could be as bad as the last Big Brother. Guess because the last BB had so much tampering by the producer, Julie stupid Chen and such horrid people on anything looks good to me. I have enjoyed every episode of this years Survivor, only thing I would enjoy more would be two shows a week. I'm not real fond of Jon but he looks like an angel compared to the BB group.

I am so glad that I am not alone - even though we aren't the majority! I don't think the 2 of us out of everyone else would even qualify us a minority!

Anyway - I do completely agree with you about BB - except I am probably the only person that will admit to liking Julie Chen.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123