+ Reply to Thread

Thread: And without the twist?

And without the twist?

Where would we be without the twist?

At the merge, we have Osten instead of Lil, and Shawn instead of Burton.

Osten eats the buffet, so he wants to stick around for awhile.

It's five vs. five. Who would have flinched? Tough question. I have no idea how that would have played out. Maybe Osten would have been booted anyway?

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I bet Jon would have gone.

On TES, Andrew hinted at an alliance that he and (I think Ryan) had with 2 of the Drake's that crumbled as soon as Lil went to their side.
    Last edited by BravoFan; 11-07-2003 at 07:53 PM.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Nah, Osten would have stayed. Savage was voted out because the Drakes wanted to remove the strongest Morgan, of which Osten most assuredly was not

Rab
    I think Shawn would've seeked for alliances with some of the Morgan tribe members to save himself. I wanted him to go so far. Oh well long live Lil.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by averagejane
    Nah, Osten would have stayed. Savage was voted out because the Drakes wanted to remove the strongest Morgan, of which Osten most assuredly was not
    Welcome averagejane,
    I do believe that the Drakes would have been voted off based on strength, but, I believe it may have been Osten. I think that Drake would have perceived Osten as the strongest, and would have gone after him. I think that the Lawyer in Andrew may have gotten the best of him and he may have tried to figure out, who would have had the most votes against them on Drake, (In the event of a TC vote tie) the answer would have been Rupert or Christa, but I don't think the Morgan's would have thought that. I believe that they would have thought that Jon had votes against him, and would have gone after him. But, going into last night, Jon had no votes against him, Osten had 2, therefore, through all of the twists and turns and merges, it would have been Osten at the Losers Lounge anyway. Just a wild guess!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by BravoFan
    I bet Jon would have gone.

On TES, Andrew hinted at an alliance that he and (I think Ryan) had with 2 of the Drake's that crumbled as soon as Lil went to their side.
    Really? Yeah, I figured that those 2 were tight enough with Rupert.

So, there goes my optimism. Ryan really is gonna go unless he gets immunity. It better not be one of those "knock out the people" challenges that did Dave in last year. I will be beyond pissed!

Stupid Lill! She's pretty much ruined everything for my boy. I really can't stand her now.

Leo
    Premium Member
    It would have been more interesting, IMHO if the twist hadn't been made. Here's why.

The way the twist was set up, Morgan was set up for a classic Pagonging. Yes, Lill was theoretically Morgan, but she was perfectly happy to jump over. Burton, on the other hand, will probably remain loyal to Drake - for now. With a 6-4 disadvantage, someone from Morgan was bound to go - and Andrew's strong IC performance would still be on their minds. Now, the next boots are predictable (as far as you can predict things in Survivor, anyway): Rhino, Tijuana, and Darrah.

Now, look at it if the twist hadn't happened. Jon would most likely be gone. Shawn and Osten would probably stay loyal to their own tribes. (And even if Jon managed to stay alive, he would probably still be loyal.) So we march into TC with a 5-5 tie. No one wants to go to a tie (not since the Purple Rock). So, we have to go to inter-tribe alliances. We haven't seen a lot of that yet. Would Rupert have gone to his Morgan ties to force off Jon? Yes, I would be cringing at the possibility of Osten somehow surviving into the jury. *shudders just imagining it* But, it would have been an interesting few weeks.

+ Reply to Thread