+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Survivor Losers on Letterman

I don't know whether Savage had an Armani suit on too, but the person who pointed out he was in Armani, more than once was definitely Shawn.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessRight
    I'm under the impression that Savage is the Armani suit guy. He still wears it (whatever's left) to the TC. Someone... please tell me I'm not wrong!?
    You're not wrong. They both wore Armani suits. The only difference is that Andrew looked much hotter in his.

Namaste.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    Uh no.
    You don't do the stupid twist in the first place.
    Why should Nicole get a second chance in the game and not Shawn?
    That's ridiculous.

I agree with Fluff. The twist is already grossly unfair. Why shoud Shawn and Osten be denied a chance to get back in the game, when they were the last ones out? As opposed to Nicole, Sk. Ryan, etc. the first ones out? I really think there is going to be a fan backlash over this.

Namaste.

It's not even as though it's an original idea.
    They did the same thing on BB3, when four people were offered the chance to rejoin the game.
    Chiara, the first person out after Amy returned just had to leave the game and come back to vote.
    No second chance for her.

I think there was a valid reason to vote all the people out that went and think it quite ridiculous that someone who lasted 3 days should get another chance when someone who lasted 19 doesn't
    Last edited by fluff; 11-04-2003 at 11:53 PM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

searching for madness PrincessRight's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Suxie
    You're not wrong. They both wore Armani suits. The only difference is that Andrew looked much hotter in his.
    Thanks, Suxie! I hate erring on details, especially giving Armani credit to the wrong guy!

I heartily agree with you: Savage, in his Armani, is HOT! If he doesn't win the million, he should end up with an Armani spokesperson deal. Uncle Armie, are you paying attention????
    "If the only prayer you say in your entire life is Thank You, that would be enough."
    Meister Eckhart
    "God can dream a bigger dream for you than you can ever dream for yourself."
    Oprah Winfrey

Leo
    Premium Member
    Great av, getreal

Quote Originally Posted by getreal
    He also added that he had not only lost 40 lbs. in 18 days, but that he also had 5 staph infections that wasn't mentioned on the final edit of the show, so he had to quit.
    Maybe, just maybe, selling all of your clothes except for a pair of boxers had something to do with it!

You all forgotten that Osten DOES NOT Deserve a 2nd chance-
    he QUIT! Heck, they both would have given up after the 1st person was untied.
    I said it before and I will say it again.imo This is Mark Burnett's show and he can pretty much do what he wants.
    Who wouldn't jump at the chance of getting back into this game?
    Last edited by cajro62; 11-04-2003 at 11:22 PM.

Of course it's Burnett's show, of course he can do what he wants.
    Doesn't mean the viewers have to like every little thing he does to tinker with the format though.

I'm all for not letting the show get stale, but I wasn't in favour of this twist at all.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by cajro62
    You all forgotten that Osten DOES NOT Deserve a 2nd chance-
    he QUIT! Heck, they both would have given up after the 1st person was untied.
    I said it before and I will say it again.imo This is Mark Burnett's show and he can pretty much do what he wants.
    "Deserve" ? Isn't that for the players who vote you out at TC to judge in Survivor? At least that was the premise.

I have a problem understanding the argument that since it's Osten that's being kicked out, it's OK that other people got a second chance. Osten wanting to quit, and Survivors getting a second chance while others didn't, are two different things.

If all you are arguing is that the game is unfair to some Survivors, and you're ok with that, then that's fine. I'll agree to disagree.

Who wouldn't jump at the chance of getting back into this game?
    I don't think anyone here argued that the Survivors being offered the chance of coming back should have ever turned it down.
    Last edited by Zaius; 11-04-2003 at 11:59 PM.
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

Let me get in line to say what a great av that is, getreal. You have captured Osten completely...right down to his droopy drawers!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast