+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Interview with Burnett

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by SurvivorGirl
    Actually, I kinda thought Osten deserved it. (Osten fans dont shoot me)
    Are there any Osten fans around? I think they're staying very quiet if so. I haven't heard one person say they've liked him since the first episode.

Quote Originally Posted by MollyRose
    Morgan pantywaist muscle-man Osten Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by MollyRose

In what will certainly be good news to 'Survivor' fans, Burnett disclosed that there will be no "recap" episode this year. This is due to episode seven being divided into two parts.
    no recap!

Thanks for posting that, Molly.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

No recap episode is great news

I think the likes of Brian Hiedik of S5 and Rob Cesternino of S6, who seem to really have a handle on the game, make Burnett feel the need to add twists, just to make sure no one gets too comfortable.

I am in full agreement with Zaius though, the opportunity to return to the game should be extended to all, not just the first six voted out.
    Nicole gets another shot at the game even though she was voted out first. Shawn last 16 days more than her and he doesn't. That's wrong imo.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    Survivor is such a great idea it seems to work in spite of Mark Burnett.....there is a certain arrogance and sense of entitlement to his comments about not using Canadians or British cast members because they basically are not held to the same conditions in labor contracts as Americans......

Just makes you wonder what is it that he doesnt want the survivor alums telling the media....and...five years is not that long a time....when everyone can speak.....and give away the trade secrets.....My calculator says it was 1999 when survivor one was shot....should be next year when people can talk.....

Just an interesting interview...I will still watch survivor...but I am sure I will do so in spite of my dislike of Burnett......and I agree no re-cap is good news

Quote Originally Posted by museumguy
    Just makes you wonder what is it that he doesnt want the survivor alums telling the media....and...five years is not that long a time....when everyone can speak.....and give away the trade secrets.....
    In my eyes, that just proves that Mark Burnett has nothing to hide. He could have made it 20 or 30 years but he didn't. He made it five years, which is a relatively short amount of time. The only thing that he has to hide is the creative editing that we all already know about. He knew that by the time the first Survivors went public, the viewing audience would have come to accept the premise of manipulating viewer perspective through editing and that it wouldn't be a big deal anymore.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Actually, california labor law allows a contract to have a "gag" clause for five years....supposedly enough time for internet and high tech trade secrets you may learn in one place but can't tell to another....if he had nothing to hide...similar to say a major movie the contract would allow you to talk...most major movie producers want their actors to spread gossip.....

I honestly think that the reason he wanted them to keep quiet to begin with was because Reality tv was a brand new concept. We were all naive to the fact that editing plays a major role in how people were portrayed. We were also unaware of the 'suggestions' that producers give contestanst. MB just wanted to keep the man behind the curtain as long as possible.
    It comes down to the fact that if we would have found those things out at the end of the first season, we all would have screamed, 'fraud!' and stopped watching. Now we have had time to adjust to the idea that this might be an unscripted format, but it is by no means unplanned. We have come to accept the fact that these 'reality' shows are merely soap operas starring real people.
    I really don't think that savvy viewers will be surprised by anything that is revealed after the gag order.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Star--I agree by the time they do tell....people who are intelligent viewers will already know...and most of us in this forum are aware that editing and even some coaching of people to react in certain ways in certain situations goes on..and I am sure that Mark Burnett isn't picking the winner in advance...but I am annoyed that he thinks we shouldnt have the right to know...or that anything that happens there is really a secret....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234