+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Interview with Burnett

Premium Member
    But the players were evidently fans if they invested in DVD's of the series and were so familiar with the games. I was thinking of another comment I saw by him which I guess I took a little too personally- where he said most of his viewers were not internet people and had normal lives. Anybody else see that comment?

Quote Originally Posted by Shakenbake
    But the players were evidently fans if they invested in DVD's of the series and were so familiar with the games. I was thinking of another comment I saw by him which I guess I took a little too personally- where he said most of his viewers were not internet people and had normal lives. Anybody else see that comment?
    No but that's funny. Even as a self-professed 'internet people', I still find it humorous. If you're a spade, wear your nametag proudly
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Burnett
    With some fans terming the twist as unfair and booted Drake player Shawn Cohen expressing his frustration with it on Friday morning's edition of 'The Early Show', Burnett defended bringing the booted players back saying that they lived on very limited rations, had very long days and had no idea they would be playing for the chance to return to the game until Probst made the announcement at the challenge. He did admit though that the Outcasts probably slept better than the Survivors still in the game. With prospective players knowing so much about the series before they even apply to be on the show, Burnett believes that the only way to keep new players on their toes is to introduce twists to the game.
    Mark Burnett only adresses the much less important "it's unfair" argument. Which is that assuming it is even fair in the first place for booted Survivors to get second chances, let's at least make them live the same way as the non-booted Survivors did.

Since it seems he does wish to argue fairness, why doesn't he adress the original argument: Why didn't Sean get a second chance, as previous bootees did?

Again, brand new gigantic, rating-grabbing, player-confusing twists, I'm all for. But keep it fair to all the Survivors.

Other than that though, MB seems like he's handling the game pretty well. I liked his attitude concerning Jeff's not-so-kind words to Osten.
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    No but that's funny. Even as a self-professed 'internet people', I still find it humorous. If you're a spade, wear your nametag proudly
    I am not ashamed of being an internet person but I feel as if I do have a normal life, so I kill my downtime at work by browsing boards instead of playing solitaire, what's not normal about that?

I'm not picking on you by any means. I'm one too I just find what he said amusing.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

I don't really care what Burnett has to say unless it is something truly offensive or demeaning. And, even then...

It is a show. A very great show in my opinion. Some of the greatest artists, musicians, etc. in the world are jerks. Heck, Einstein left his wife and children to be with his cousin! That would classify him as a very smart jerk in my book. But, his work was ingenious.
    Survivor rocks (and hopefully always will)! And, I'm down for the spicy rides.

Gotta Love that Scout scooberoo's Avatar
    I like the twist this season, probably because it got rid of the lamest contestants ever, Shawn and Osten. :rolleyes But I like Lill and Trish, and they have a chance to return. Anyway, I think it's smart to throw in big twists, because then nobody can get too comfortable. I would have thought he would say "Rupert, Jon, and Sandra" as opposed to Christa, but she does have lotys of personality. Maybe those three don't make it too much farther... I think he was trying to list who he views as the stars of the show.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    I'm not picking on you by any means. I'm one too I just find what he said amusing.
    Oh, I know you aren't picking on me. The world would be boring if everyone saw things the same way as me.

Up Where They Belong SurvivorGirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaius
    I liked his attitude concerning Jeff's not-so-kind words to Osten.
    Actually, I kinda thought Osten deserved it. (Osten fans dont shoot me)

Quote Originally Posted by SurvivorGirl
    Actually, I kinda thought Osten deserved it. (Osten fans dont shoot me)
    I did too, that's why I liked MB's attitude concerning Jeff's behavior
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast