+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: On the next Survivor - Episode 8

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood
    -Tensions and nerves plague both tribes as they wait for an outcast to rejoin their camps.

--Two castaways make amends, while another shows resentment at the turn of events.

-Johnny Fairplay believes he has a great master plan. But will it play out in his favor?
    I think it's Burton and Lil. Editing suggests it. Burton was shown as the spokesperson for the outcasts and Lil's torch wouldn't go out when she was originally voted out, foreshadowing a return. Per MB interview the two that get voted back will pick buffs from an urn to decide which tribe they go to.

I think the two that make up will be Rupert and Jon, after the big fight last week it makes sense.

Johnny Fairplay always thinks he has a master plan. I think Morgan will go to tribal counsel so it really doesn't matter.

Very Proud Grandpa! LoneStarSpur's Avatar
    While I still don't like this twist, it will be interesting to see how the loser, errr, returning outkasts are treated.

Must see TV! LOL

-Randy (who bets this twist plays a major, major part of S8)

What happened to the teaser about "one tribe hosts a wedding" ?

And what is that?

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    A wedding?! Oh lordy, everyday that I come to these threads...there's something new and wierd that I hear.

Jon and Sandra marry and have a Survivor baby and live happily ever after.
    (lets see if this rumor will go far ::evil laugh:
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I wonder if the wedding cpould just be the Drake tribe in a lighter moment rehearsing Christa's then forthcoming nuptuals.

I agree with Luna, I think Andrew could be the one showing resentment, he seemed the most annoyed that Outcasts would be coming back.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Gotta Love that Scout scooberoo's Avatar
    Andrew will show resentment, and if Burton goes to Drake he will make ammends with Rupert, or Christa... Although everyone hated him. I don't think Trish or Nicole will return, because they were never mentioned by name to come back by the contestants stilll in the game. Somebody on Drake guessed Burton and Lill, and then I think Shawn said it would be Michelle and Burton. And Sandra was afraid of Burton returning. On Morgan Aandrew seemed most appalled at the thought of Lill or Ryan coming back. But I'm sure the past boots have a lot of respect for Lillian.

One thing I keep wondering about is what criteria you would use to cast a vote for a player to return to the game, assuming you can't vote for yourself (which is, I think, a pretty safe assumption to prevent a 6-way tie ). Given that there is a chance that you yourself may return to the game, I would assume that you'd vote for someone you think you could actually beat head-to-head. That's about the only consideration I can imagine.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Another consideration might be to put a stronger player in that has a chance of lasting through his/her second TC and a semblance of allegiance to you for being a fellow outcast, which might help you in case you ever get back in. A sort of "foot in the door" strategy.

I think it's quite interesting. I wonder if they come up with other considerations.
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

I would think the two castaways making amends would be Jon and Rupert, but I suppose it could also be a returning player forgiving someone who voted them out. I'm still pretty excited at what may happen at the loser TC. I put this somewhere else, but the last ones out on each tribe were Lil and Trish, who could really pull out some lies about what happened and the rest would have no reason not to believe them.
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Zaius
    Another consideration might be to put a stronger player in that has a chance of lasting through his/her second TC and a semblance of allegiance to you for being a fellow outcast, which might help you in case you ever get back in. A sort of "foot in the door" strategy.

I think it's quite interesting. I wonder if they come up with other considerations.
    Hm, that's an interesting idea, too. I was anticipating a merge at 9, though, to give everyone an opportunity to have spent at least three days in the company of the final two. In that situation, their Challenge abilities would not be a factor, at least for the short term. If they were thinking of hitching their wagon to a Challenge hog, though, that might still factor into their decision process.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast