+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Did the Outcast Tribe have an unfair advantage?

caught by the window MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    In a van down by the river!!!... watching the Canucks on my 3" TV
    Quote Originally Posted by LAGuy
    He also said that he made sure it wasn't a very physical challenge (to offset any physical advantage the Outcasts might have had) and that the Outcasts won "on pure adrenalin".
    what a load of bulls***

just because it wasn't physical.. being so physically and emotionally drained as the outcasts are would have a profound effect on basically every part of that competition... the rope untying is harder because your hand-eye coordination is weakened, same with the pole reaching for the key

the Outcasts had a huge advantage, and MB is just covering his ass because everyone knows it

The outcasts have one extra member. They have to free one more although they were tied together so untying the knot once will free both individuals. That isn't much of a disadvantage but in a close match, everyone has to be on the mat in the finish line and having one more member gives them a little disadvantage.

searching for madness PrincessRight's Avatar
    I think that the Outcasts were "scripted" to win in order to inject a more exciting twist to the show. It was obviously not an even playing field to begin with. The Morgans were malnourished... the Drakes' team morale was falling apart. Letting them compete against the more rested and better fed third tribe whose thirst for vengeance was screaming for vindication was a call for disaster. Mentally, the Outcasts were better psyched to win the competition. Their adrenaline was just pumping overtime I could almost sense it from where I sat watching the episode. Their energy was that powerful! The two tribes must have been in a state of shock seeing the "ghosts" that both failed to shine in their efforts.
    "If the only prayer you say in your entire life is Thank You, that would be enough."
    Meister Eckhart
    "God can dream a bigger dream for you than you can ever dream for yourself."
    Oprah Winfrey

The more I think about this one, I feel the Outcasts may have had some advantages but not enough to say it was totally unfair. I think many of us here would be complaining more if we'd heard about this "ghost tribe" for so long and a returning player or two but then they lost and it was all nothing.

The cloth may have helped, but the others could have tried a similar strategy. The Outcasts probably had at least more balance for food, but the main advantage was psychological. Those remaining Morgan and Drake were still playing the game and facing all of the effects of it. The Outcasts were told it was all for a "special" reward challenge http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve...417|1|,00.html but they may have had their doubts. The challenge was one that required more dexterity and teamwork and that the better rested Outcasts wouldn't necessarily do well. If anything, Morgan and Drake had an advantage there because they were "teams" that had been together almost three weeks.

My main point is that after initially hating all of this (I still don't like the way they come back) Jeff spelled it all out before the challenge started. The Outcasts would give 110% to get back in, and after hearing what was to happen those remaining should have felt the same way about winning and using teamwork to do so. They should have gotten fired up and performed as though their lives depended on it, and in a way they did. The challenge only reinforced the problems the tribes have had so far, and they lost. Fair, maybe not entirely. But this game can't be the same every time, and they need to be prepared for anything.
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LAGuy
    He also said that he made sure it wasn't a very physical challenge (to offset any physical advantage the Outcasts might have had) and that the Outcasts won "on pure adrenalin".
    Yeah, I noticed how non-physical it was when Burton took a huge early lead in the sprint that opened the race.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

It was a physical challenge, there was running and digging. True there were other aspects but when it starts out with a race, you can't say it wasn't a physical challenge.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

MB didn't say there wasn't a physical aspect to the challenge. He said it wasn't a very physical challenge. A footrace at the beginning and digging under 2 cages doesn't seem extraordinarily "physical" to me.

i also would like to say by fruit they must of had nice fruit. they must of had lemons because nicole had done that lemon dying thing to her hair
    Sandra plays survivor better then anyone. She Won!

Dawn marie was always the ultimate member of the family.

Jennifer Hudson Forever

Ant is the man! er..... woman

Money talks,

CHOCOLATE SINGS!

Nicole gave Drake and Morgan the one-fingered salute when the Outcasts won.

The painted skull and cross-bones on the ladies' upper arms were pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by brusch
    The Outcasts would give 110% to get back in, and after hearing what was to happen those remaining should have felt the same way about winning and using teamwork to do so. They should have gotten fired up and performed as though their lives depended on it, and in a way they did. The challenge only reinforced the problems the tribes have had so far, and they lost. Fair, maybe not entirely. But this game can't be the same every time, and they need to be prepared for anything.
    Nicely put, brusch.
    The Outcasts without a doubt had an advantage. They seemed rested, and well-fed, compared to the other 2 tribes. BUT, I think Morgan's and Drake's desire to not let an Outcast make it back into their tribe would be a bigger driving force for them than the Outcast's adrenalin rush of revenge. Guess, it wasn't.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast