+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 232425262728293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: 10/30 Show Discussion

Hate this whole twist!!! I don't think it's fair to bring them back. They were booted for a reason. I feel bad for Shawn (without his vote, there was a possibility of Rupert going home the night before). I don't think he would have realigned with Burton or Michelle, he did vote for both of them to leave, so I'm sure he is not their favorite person. This twist ruined the game for me this year, because it completely took the game out of the Survivor's hands. The Outcast tribe definitely had an advantage going into that challenge. Bad idea MB. The only plus is Osten is gone. :mad:

Quote Originally Posted by CharlaFan
    Just finished watching the show, here is my 2 cents. I haven't really gone through all the posts yet but i think Ruperts blasting Jon for voting him was worse then anything Jon has done. Anybody has the right to vote anybody for whatever thee reason is and Rup had no right to say yll at jon for voting him.
    THANK YOU.

I like Rupert and I think he's a good player, but who the hell does he think he is? On the flip side, I don't like Jon, but he can vote for whomever he chooses in his idiot mind.

I don't mind the twist. Shawn and Osten are hardly big losses, especially Osten. If Osten hadn't gotten close to the right people, he'd likely have been booted before someone like Lil anyhow. Say what you will about Ryan S, but he always tried... unlike useless Osten.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill_in_PDX
    Bad news for Rupert though, as he turned on his Shawn agreement immediately. That is one less vote for him should through some miracle (or another annoying MB twist) he make it to the finals.
    Am I missing something? Shawn didn't make it to the jury... or are you talking about someone else?
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by BravoFan
    - Osten. I think I'm definitely in the minority here, but I felt a little sorry for him last night the way Jeff treated him at TC. I was disappointed in the way Jeff handled it, and then not even allowing Osten his final words at the end of the show. Just my opinion.
    I couldn't disagree more. Osten was not worthy of any final say. He disgraced himself. He was lucky that he got his torch put out the regular way, only instead of Jeff saying "the tribe has spoken" he said "as per your wish, go home." LOL!
    If I was Jeff, I would have put out the fire by peeing on it. There shoulda' been a gangplank for Osten to walk across and then drop into the ocean. Actually, that would be a great way for all the people getting voted off. Keep with the whole pirate theme.

When Hagrid yelled at Jonny "Fairplay", that was to put the fear of Blackbeard into him. Unfortunately, I think it will probably backfire on him. I'd still like to see Rupert take the big prize. Let somebody finally win who has EARNED it as a "true survivor".

The thing that has always bothered me about all of the Survivor series was that the people who won would never actually last on an island on their own, and the ones who would (in reality) are the first to get voted off. And they call it "reality" television?

FORT Regular

Osten - possible addict?

After watching this episode and talking with my boyfriend about why Osten was so eager to get out, he floated the idea that Osten might be on drugs. I know that's outrageous and I'm not slurring Osten but could it be true? Could you imagine going through withdrawal on Survivor? Wouldn't an addict want to get the h*ll off the island? As in, please vote me out, please. What do you think?

Or maybe it's just that I can't phathom someone getting into Survivor and then asking to leave.

BravoFan said:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Osten. I think I'm definitely in the minority here, but I felt a little sorry for him last night the way Jeff treated him at TC. I was disappointed in the way Jeff handled it, and then not even allowing Osten his final words at the end of the show. Just my opinion.
    ______________________________ ______________________________ ____

I don't!!! He took a spot that someone who was not a quitter would have been glad to have. He signed up for the game. He's just a baby and now a quitter. Jeff treated him appropriately.

Wow!!! What a twist! Just a few thoughts:

Drake:
    Rupert has lost his mind. I thought he was going to swipe Jon with one of those paws and kill him! Does he remember why he's there? That he is NOT a pirate? That the point of the game is to (gasp!) VOTE? All my Rupert-love is gone.
    Christa and Sandra are getting a little too Heather for my taste. Esp. Sandra. She's getting cocky.
    Again, when Shawn and Jon had the great coconut-popcorn (what?!?) standoff- I thought Shawn was going to pound Jon into the sand. :fight And I would have cheered. Booting Shawn was a good idea, though (sigh) because the possibility of a Shawn/Burton alliance would be a threatening one.

Morgan:
    Andrew should try to catch a fish instead of whining about RyanO's fishing skills.
    RyanO
    Darrah and Tijuana are two tough women! I'm liking them more every ep, even if I do need subtitles for Darrah.
    Osten- As much TV fun as it's been for me to TV hate you for your staggaring wussiness, I'm worried about you. I can't imagine how awful today must be for you with all your friends having watched Jeff make you say you were a quitter with no willpower. Get some counseling, learn to swim, and go for the Witness Protection Program, because all of the country is harshing on your sorry a**.

Outcasts/Misfits:
    The glares, the stares, the evil-eye hexes! Holy Mackerel, they look bent on revenge and suspiciously well fed and rested. The outcome of the challenge seemed... how do I say... predestined? But I have to say I admire their guts, because what Burton said about not knowing how it is to feel down until you've been voted off your tribe really resonated with me. My understanding of what happens post-boot is they get a great dinner while they talk to a shrink (is that right?), and if what Jeff said is true, these 6 must have walked the plank of the exiles, and agreed right then that they wanted back in so bad they wouldn't just check into a plush hotel and start driving room service crazy. Pretty hardcore. Maybe unfair to the Real Drakes and Real Morgans, but hardcore nonetheless.
    Et in Arcadia Ego

To be fair, Jeff kinda allowed Osten his final word by giving him a chance to explain why he wanted to go. There really wasn't much left to say after that.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Martine
    After watching this episode and talking with my boyfriend about why Osten was so eager to get out, he floated the idea that Osten might be on drugs. I know that's outrageous and I'm not slurring Osten but could it be true? Could you imagine going through withdrawal on Survivor? Wouldn't an addict want to get the h*ll off the island? As in, please vote me out, please. What do you think?

Or maybe it's just that I can't phathom someone getting into Survivor and then asking to leave.
    Huh, that's interesting. But I think we would have seem more of a reaction or sickness if he were going through withdrawal. He was just never shown doing anything at all...

I have been pretty harsh on Osten since the beginning, but after thinking a little more about it last night - at least he quit when someone from their tribe had to go. He didn't quit in the middle of the week for example, leaving the tribe with one member short. And he did tell them that he didn't deserve to be there, so I guess I have to hand it to him for being able to admit that...
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

FORT Fan

Reward Challenge and other thoughts...

I haven't had a chance to read all of the posts here, so forgive me if I repeat questions and comments.

Question: In the RC, the Outcasts had one extra tribe member than did Drake and Morgan. I do not remember them being asked to sit anyone out. Did they then have an additional tribe member to unlock in the third cage?

Comments: No parchments. No parting words. No problem. Osten was so deserving of his unceremonious and dishonourable departure from the game last night and Jeff Probst should be commended for treating Osten in a manner befitting a quitter. I hope Osten isn't even allowed to participate in the reunion.

Question: If Osten would have quit the game at a point where he was positioned to be a member of the jury, would he be even allowed to sit on the jury? When you quit, do you quit all aspects of the game? And, if so, how would they handle an even-numbered jury casting a tie vote?

+ Reply to Thread