+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ... 22232425262728293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: 10/30 Show Discussion

Do you think they might join back the game and merge at the same time next week? that will be an official merge... and alliances for the past bootees can be formed easier...

Rupert, I love you, but you don't need to voice every emotion you are having when you are having it. Even though you do apoligise and make up with the person almost immeditly afterward, it's annoying.

I hate the outcast idea, hate it, hate it. If Burton comes back I will be so annoyed. Stupid loser and his stupid ideas.

I can see keeping Jon over Shawn. Jon is annoying but he seems to work more then Shawn and Shawn could be more of a threat in the future at IC's. (even though he didn't seem like a very strong player) That and there was a chance his former alliance members Michelle and Burton could come back. Jon is a known sneaky factor and at the moment no one likes him so his chance of making a lasting alliance is slim.

The difference between Osten and Shawna was Osten spoke up at TC and made it plain what he wanted. Shawna just sort of whined about it back at the camp/ My disdain for both of them is about equal but at least Osten made sure this time he got what he wanted.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Couldn't have ever imagined a guy with 6 abs would whine that much and now quits the game...

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Interesting episode, but it definitely left a bad taste in my mouth.

- I don't like the outcast thing. AT ALL Completely goes against the "outlast" portion of the game, imo. Plus it rewards contestants voted out early, and punishes those later (especially those voted out last night) There are plenty of ways the ex-contestants could have been integrated into the a challenge without changing the entire outcome of the game. Now 2 outcasts are ensured placement on the jury and that just pisses me off.

- Osten. I think I'm definitely in the minority here, but I felt a little sorry for him last night the way Jeff treated him at TC. I think they should have had the vote. Why wouldn't they? It's oftentimes a unanimous vote and the producers are aware of that ahead of time by footage that we don't see. I have thought Osten was a wimp all along, but at least he admitted it (basically), and volunteered to be the one to go. It's not like he quit in the middle of the week - he was leaving when someone HAD to go. Someone from his tribe had to go and why shouldn't it be him if he wasn't into it 100%? Whether he (Osten) was trying to be altruistic or not (I'm leaning toward the "not" for sure), it would have been stupid to allow Darrah to be voted out when she clearly wants to be there and he doesn't. I was disappointed in the way Jeff handled it, and then not even allowing Osten his final words at the end of the show. Just my opinion.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Leo
    Premium Member
    Okay, that episode was good TV, but I am cool to this twist. It just rewards those who have not played the game well (Ryan S., Lill) and those voted off for being an ass (Burton). It's not right. The only unfair boot in Survivor history involves one purple rock. Every other one could have been prevented by better play by the person involved.

As for Osten, his performance was outright disgraceful. I found it very appropriate that they closed it with Osten's torch lying on the ground. Did he even have a clue what he was getting into? It didn't look that way. Was he someone some casting agent found at some bar?

Rupert's going psycho on Jon, I didn't like it that much. He's the toughest physical competitor on Survivor. He is such a factor that he has both sides thinking about him. He has to learn to tone it down to make it far, though - there will never be another long IC streak.

Shawn vs. Jon - tough call, but I have to agree with Shawn going. At least you know what you're getting with Jon, who's going to go with the most convenient alliance possible, and is an all-around idiot. Shawn - you're not quite sure. You've already got these returning folks to deal with - why add another wildcard?

It was good TV, no doubt about it. But it leave a bitter taste in the mouth.

I think it was pretty easy to choose Shawn or Jon. Both were back stabbers, but Shawn actually switched alliegences more than any Jon, and he has some contacts with Burton and Michelle.

Bad news for Rupert though, as he turned on his Shawn agreement immediately. That is one less vote for him should through some miracle (or another annoying MB twist) he make it to the finals.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Okay, I think I've read the whole thread now, and people are missing one big thing about the Outcasts.

Did anyone else see Big Brother 3? Amy came back in and lasted several weeks after her "re-entry." Why? My bet, and I bet that it will happen here, is that people knew that whoever took her to the final two would win, because there was no way that a previous evictee would win.

Thus, people like Jon would likely ally with the outcasts to take one to the finals. As much as they might hate Jon, I would bet he would win over an outcast.

Now, I had thought that this would be different in Survivor because the six competed together and thus have a sense of loyalty to each other and might vote for an outcast in the finals, but (assuming the rest of the season follows standard operating procdedure) they're not on the jury.

I guess I should temper it--I'm not betting this will happen, but I bet it's what will be running through some Survivors' minds. Just a thought
    If God is a DJ--life is a dance floor
    Click here to team up with FansOfRealityTV to help fight cancer!
    Watashi wa, sekai wo kaeru.

Leo
    Premium Member
    Jon versus an outcast? That would be the worst final two possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Siso
    As long as they had to live on a seperate beach with the exact same surroundings, i think it's pretty fair.
    I don't think that they did. I read that they've been sleeping in "rustic" cabins on beds.

Quote Originally Posted by starry night
    No i dont think they did. Actually i'm not sure, they never showed Jeff telling them to or showing someone sitting out. Good point.
    they didn't sit someone out, but it gave them no advantage.

+ Reply to Thread