+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ... 202122232425262728293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: 10/30 Show Discussion

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Rab
    But that's Rupert's personality so you can't blame the guy. Jon should've been voted out instead of Shawn all he does is shoot swear words everywhere.
    so you can't blame rupert for his personality coming out be people can blame Jon for his? talk about your double standards

Quote Originally Posted by Rab
    But that's Rupert's personality so you can't blame the guy. Jon should've been voted out instead of Shawn all he does is shoot swear words everywhere.
    Well, in that case, that's Jon's personality. He's a total jerk, so you can't blame him either.

All I know is that Rupert is starting to grate on my nerves. He always say's "My" tribe and "My" island. :rolleyes

I still like Rupert better than Jon, but I'm not going to make excuses for his childish behavior.

I think this is the first time (maybe?) I posted in the spoiler thread for Survivor because this episode rocked!!!!

Wow! I'm so glad I didn't read any of the spoilers prior to this show because I was COMPLETELY shocked. And I jumped up when the Outcasts won...and I'm wearin' a cast! (ouch, stupid move btw) And I'm not even particularly fond of this or that outcast (although, Burton is pretty freakin' easy on the eyes...despite his jerkification...and I liked Ryan S., always did, even more so after his interview here at the FORT.) Ya gotta root for the underdog, fair or no fair!

Do the Outcasts deserve to be there or not? Hmmm...all I know is that it made for yummy television, and hearing the tribes complain about it just made me think, "this is what Survivor is, folks, no one promised you it would be fair." Not that I particularly want this one or that one to return or think that this one or that one "deserves" to be back or even that it's fair etc., but I just keep thinking back to Survivor Africa when they pulled the huge twisterino and swapped tribes on people, and I just thought from that point on, there are no gaurantees, tribemates, there is no "fair" in Survivor land. If they strapped a bolder to each castmate's nether regions and had the tribemates swap places with the camera men, I'd still think, "yep, that's what Survivor is. It's a GAME. You are Burnett's toys, peeps. Suck it up." Ohh...not that I think it's fair etc., just that I think it was extremely, extremely entertaining.

That said..I really hope Ryan S. comes back! (for his "strategery")

ETA: Didn't that one girl with the curly hair (already forgot her name) want to give up in the Amazon? And I agree with everyone else about Rupert...that was a bummer.
    Last edited by Shazzer; 10-31-2003 at 01:35 AM.
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

Quote Originally Posted by LAGuy
    Burton is a shoo-in for a return, as I think the other Outcasts will "reward" his performance in the challenge with a vote. I hope he comes back as part of Morgan, however, rather than just return to Drake.
    Yeah, I have a feeling that the ex-Drake member (Burton ) will go to Morgan, and the ex-Morgan member will go to Drake.

If this is the case, Morgan will benefit with the addition of a strong new member (Burton), but Drake won't fare so good if they get Lil, RyanS, or Nicole. Those 3 are pretty weak, imo.

While I find Jon *extremely* annoying and wanted him gone, I thought if I had to vote either Shawn or Jon out, from a strategic point of view, I would keep Jon as he does do a lot of work around camp. I can't believe those words just came out of my mouth, though! Shawn seems to be a lazy, self-centered sloth. Rupert is still around for huntin' and gatherin'--as well as strength in challenges. Still, Jon's mouth and mannerisms drive me up the wall, and I want him gone next.

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    My guess is that the tribes merge after the Outcasts return, making the game an individual challenge. And with Drake and Morgan being dead even, it presents a good opportunity for the Outcasts to curry favor to boot someone from the other tribe with a 6-4 vote.

Quote Originally Posted by LAGuy
    Wow, what an episode! Some random thoughts:

Lost a lot of respect for Rupert tonight. The screaming at Jon was completely over-the-top. But the worst was when he turned around & voted off Shawn. Hell, Rupert wouldn't even still be in the game if Shawn hadn't kept his word the night before at TC. So, this is Shawn's reward? Well, thanks a lot, buddy! Maybe the next time Shawn runs into Rupert, he can scream at him the way Rupert did at Jon.

The Outcasts returning at the same time as Osten quitting was very dramatic and played out beautifully -- especially with Jeff milking the contrast for everything it was worth. "Tomorrow you'll have a new tribe member who wants to be in this game."

Burton is a shoo-in for a return, as I think the other Outcasts will "reward" his performance in the challenge with a vote. I hope he comes back as part of Morgan, however, rather than just return to Drake. That would shake up the game a lot. He'd more than make up for the "loss" of Osten (ha, ha), and he would probably be a threat to Andrew's power. Could be interesting...

I'm sorry, but Shawn gets NO respect from me. He's no Superman you know! He was a nice player but a horrible one at that!!! I wanted Jon to go first, but Rupert/Sandra/Crista were right to vote him off -- we don't want him hanging out with Burt anymore (and he would too in a heartbeat)!
    Get Fantasia's self titled CD, in stores now!!!

I agree that it was a right move to get rid of Shawn. He didn't always give it his all in the challenges (the weight lifting comes to mind), and Jon, as annoying as he is, does carry his share of the workload around the camp. Rupert probably can manipulate Jon better, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf
    I agree that it was a right move to get rid of Shawn. He didn't always give it his all in the challenges (the weight lifting comes to mind), and Jon, as annoying as he is, does carry his share of the workload around the camp. Rupert probably can manipulate Jon better, too.
    And..he'd probably hook back up with Burton (if he returned), especially knowing he was one of the two they wanted to vote out. And Jon was not liked by either Burton or Shawn, so he's likely a "safer" keeper, because he might not have an easy time making other alliances.
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

My take on tonight's episode

The rule was, if Outcast Tribe wins, Morgan and Drake have to go to separate TCs and vote someone out. Since one is gone from each tribe, Outcast tribe goes to TC but this time they vote someone in to replace the ones voted out. Those returnees voted in by their fellow outcasts will have immunity on the next TC.

The other rule that wasn't so clear to me was, if Outcast tribe loses the game. My understanding was that the winner, between the Morgan and Drake tribe, does not lose a member but all will vote to cast off a member from the other tribe who did not win. Then all will vote in someone from the Outcast tribe.

I was so routing for Drake to win because if they did, they would definitely not vote in anyone from their own tribe. Also, some were expecting for Osten to quit in this episode, so it's just appropriate that he should be replaced by someone who wants back in the game.

Another thing is that two returnees is just a bit too much in the game manipulation. I am against giving people 2nd chances because it is totally unfair for those remaining in the game unless they too are given a 2nd chance. If you just got booted off in this episode (which I had hoped was Jon), then knowing that you could have had a 2nd chance if you were booted off 3 days earlier...you should be pissed! It is also unfair that they get immunity on the next TC. If they really are a survivor, they should not be given automatic immunity, they will try and work out something like get immunity the hard way or make new alliances. That outcast tribe look fresher too, Nicole for example has not been going through RCs and ICs since she got booted off. Burton need not have to carry 200 lbs of bags the other day too. They were more mentally and physically prepared for this challenge. The only disadvantage, although very slight, going against Outcast tribe was that they had to let out 6 members in the cage (in the 3rd cage RyanS and someone else with him were tied together but you only have to untie them once to free both of them) so if it was a tight race they had to contend with one extra member to get on the mat. But it wasn't even close.

I was shocked myself that Jon is still in the game. As much as Jon is not liked by many he still manages to hang in there. Yes, he is the best person to be in the F2 to be with you but that's not why they are keeping him. The incentives for keeping him are that Rupert wants to win Jon back (which is unlikely), they are afraid that if Burton comes back and the merge happens, Shawn and Burton being the best buddies and strong players, will team up and ally themselves with Morgan. If there is no merge, Jon is next in line. Jon, however more annoying, is more reliable than Shawn when it comes to work in the camp. He also is not liked by Morgan so they will not ally themselves to him in case Jon try to switch camps in the merge. Jon pissed everyone off so it is more likely that anyone who comes back will not associate themselves with him. It just bugs me that Jon would actually make it to the jury.

+ Reply to Thread