+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Why Can't The Worthiest Win?

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlying
    Oh, and about Jenna:

It is pretty widely regarded that Rob Casternino was one hell of a player no? Well then how is Jenna unworthy if she was able to outlast such a smart player like Rob?

People don't like Jenna because of the way she behaved, but does that make her unworthy because you didn't like her? It all ties into what the poster above my posts posted about how being worthy apparently is someone you like on a personal level.
    I guess I'm confused, I thought you have never watched the series before?

My opinon is Jenna won, because Matt gave up in the last IC, allowing Jenna to win at something she was good at (standing still thinking of nothing) allowing Jenna to decide who got to go to the final two with her. there was no way she was going to take Rob who was a far better player then both Jenna and Matt.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

By the way, on Elizabeth, maybe then Tina was worthier because she came up with a Final 2 speech that attracted more jury members?

[quote]
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea1994
    Posted by TheFlying - Today at 09:21 PM
    quote:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Trish is just bitter
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's not turn this into another Trish topic, but Trish is giving her opinions. There's a difference between being bitter and giving your opinion that isn't so positive.
    ______________________________ ______________________________ ______

First of all Trish is giving her opinion of why Rupert should have gone. And my opinion is that she is not objective. She got beat at her own game. And obviously the rest of the tribe wanted to keep Rupert.
    Erm? There is a difference between being bitter and giving opinions that aren't positive.

Minutes after Trish is voted out, without any time to make sense of the situation, she thanks the Drakes for playing with her, says she loves them all, and says she hopes a Drake wins the million.

And suddenly Trish is bitter?

Maybe there just wasn't that many good things to say about Rupert.

It's all in the editing of what we see, but she knows it best. She also said she liked Jon despite him being obnoxious. Go figure. Are you going to say she complimented Jon just because he voted with her? :rolleyes

Quote Originally Posted by ICantLookAway
    Whats your definition of 'worthy'? Someone you like on a personal level?
    I know this wasn't directed towards me, but I would define a worthy player as someone who employs a strategy that involves contributing to/fitting in with your tribe (doing your fair share of chores as well as maintaining the team spirit), building alliances (and breaking them), winning some challenges, and being somewhat sneaky when necessary.

I haven't seen all of the seasons of Survivor, but I saw Thailand and the Amazon. It was very obvious to me that Brian was worthy while Jenna was not as worthy. I don't care for either of them, personally. Brian was a strong worker who was friendly to everyone (on the surface) and he had alliances all over the place. He won a number of individual challenges and pretty much had the game in his pocket since the final six. Jenna was lazy and very exclusive with her "friendship" :rolleyes. The last couple of guys kept her around because they knew she made them look good, and would be the person to beat in the final two, since so many people on the jury disliked her. However, she got very lucky at the end with a series of challenge victories. Rob should have won that Survivor- he was strategizing his butt off the whole time.

I would love to see Rupert win, but don't expect to see him past the final six. He is a very strong individual, but I feel he will be unable to be deceitful when it becomes necessary to survive, and I think he is already too popular with everyone. The others will get rid of him when they start to feel individually threatened.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by CharlaFan
    I don't think Rupert is that great a player, he doesn't seem to have that great a strategy going on, although i haven't seen all the footage. I personally like him and hope he goes far but he doesn't really deserve to win in my books just because he is likeable.
    I think he has a two fold strategy. He is trying to be the great provider and hard worker. He is also trying to reach out to the other team and set up some cross alliances there with Andrew and Ryan O.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Posted by nlmcp - Today at 09:33 PM

allowing Jenna to win at something she was good at (standing still thinking of
    nothing)

ROFL

*stargazer peeks in the door and debates the wisdom of joining the fray*
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

cough*Kathy O'Brien*cough
    Like I said, I only go by what I've read. Paschal is synonymous with "screwed over" in Survivor, I don't even know what season Kathy O'Brien was in.

My opinon is Jenna won, because Matt gave up in the last IC, allowing Jenna to win at something she was good at (standing still thinking of nothing) allowing Jenna to decide who got to go to the final two with her. there was no way she was going to take Rob who was a far better player then both Jenna and Matt.
    By that point Matt really didn't have much of an option except to lie his arse off and claim he had this awesome super secret strategy (and explain it) etc.

Even if Matt had won, he really wouldn't have brought Rob to the Final 2 anyway; would be a landslide. He had a better chance against Jenna, even if that chance was still small.

Posted by TheFlying - Today at 09:34 PM

Maybe there just wasn't that many good things to say about Rupert.

It's all in the editing of what we see, but she knows it best. She also said she liked Jon despite him being obnoxious. Go figure. Are you going to say she complimented Jon just because he voted with her?

What I will say is we can agree to disagree. My whole point was that given the situation Trish could not be counted on to be objective. She tried to get rid of Rupert and it blew up on her. Of course she's going to make it sound justified. Obviously the rest of the Drake tribe didn't feel that Rupert was such a threat they had to get rid of him.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by nlmcp
    I think he has a two fold strategy. He is trying to be the great provider and hard worker. He is also trying to reach out to the other team and set up some cross alliances there with Andrew and Ryan O.
    The fact that he has this lil alliance with those 2 is all the reason to support Trish's reasoning we want him off. If he went around bragging about it, all the worse.

who employs a strategy that involves contributing to/fitting in with your tribe (doing your fair share of chores as well as maintaining the team spirit), building alliances (and breaking them), winning some challenges, and being somewhat sneaky when necessary.
    I realize this is about being worthy, and not how to win, but doing chores in season 6 was a straight ticket home because the dominant alliance was full of lazy bums.
    stargazer peeks in the door and debates the wisdom of joining the fray
    Well whatever you decide to do, I hope noone call people names.

He is also trying to reach out to the other team and set up some cross alliances there with Andrew and Ryan O.
    Rupert's problem is he's being so vocal about it, and all of Drake is not planning to go to the Final 2 with him, and even people in his own alliance don't want to go into the merge with him because they know he will join up with Morgan.

+ Reply to Thread