+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Why Can't The Worthiest Win?

Trish is just bitter
    Let's not turn this into another Trish topic, but Trish is giving her opinions. There's a difference between being bitter and giving your opinion that isn't so positive.

In Survivor, as well as real life, sometimes the rats and cockroaches are the last one standing. (or hiding behind the drapes)

It is too bad that people like Vee and Jenna won, in fact it sucks. But sometimes it happens because the strong players do start feeding on each other. Rupert is a good player, he is not a prefect player (I think Rob from last season was almost perfect) and sadly I don't think he will win, but I just hope it's not another bottom feeder winner this season.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlying
    Let's not turn this into another Trish topic, but Trish is giving her opinions. There's a difference between being bitter and giving your opinion that isn't so positive.
    I think the fact she said this about the person everybody loves peopel will call her bitter. Let's say if the person she was talking about was somebody less liked(like burton or jon) people would say she got screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by nlmcp
    Rupert is a good player, he is not a prefect player
    I don't think Rupert is that great a player, he doesn't seem to have that great a strategy going on, although i haven't seen all the footage. I personally like him and hope he goes far but he doesn't really deserve to win in my books just because he is likeable.

Quote Originally Posted by ICantLookAway
    Whats your definition of 'worthy'? Someone you like on a personal level?
    :rolleyes
    For what it's worth, I did not like Brian, especially at the end, but I found him a worthy player. I liked Matt, as I stated above, but I'd hardly consider him a worthy player.

Any player that has a strategy, contributes to challenges both as part of their tribe and individually, is well liked by the other Survivors and makes key decisions is a good player. Anyone that flies under the radar, IMO, is not 'worthy'. If you flew under the radar, at some point, another person helped carry you.

Survivor has started this trend of eliminating the biggest threats early in the game. Trish did not want to boot Rupert because she didnt' like him or thought he played a stupid game. She wanted to vote him out because she couldn't beat him in the F2. Please don't tell me that Trish wouldn't have gone and befriended Morgan and tried to win their confidence. She would have. She had her eye on the final prize and I respect her for trying to make a move instead of coast along. Trish would have been a hell of a lot worthier than Vee or Jenna.

And let's look at Jenna and Vee. Neither of them even realized they were playing a game until halfway through. Neither of them engineered any sort of alliance, they let other people carry them along. They also won because people had axes to grind against their competitor. The jury didn't want Neleh to win because she single handedly tore down the Rotu 4 alliance. The jury didn't want Matt to win because he was weird and creepy and rode on Rob's coattails.

The argument that the winner is the best player doesn't hold too much water with me. Like Zaius so eloquently pointed out, the jury decides the winner and there are no surefire answers or ways to 'solve' this game. Sometimes you get lucky... sometimes you need more than that.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Having watched every season of the show I am well aware of what the game entails.

Elisabeth threw her vote away on Tina simpy because she said she was willing to give some of her winnings to charity. That was what she claimed to be the deciding factor.

According to the S2 jury, Colby would have won by a landslide had he taken Keith to the final. Tina might have tried to stir things up at Loser Lodge, but taking the word of the jury at face value, Keith would have been lucky to secure a single vote.

The only jury vote Tina gained because of her leading Keith up the garden path was Keith's.

As you say thogh, you didn't see the past series.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Like I said before, it's not always because the winner was good.

If you play a poor game, yet everyone else played an even worse game or made an extremely stupid error that got them voted out, no the winner may not be worthy, but they are worthier than the other castaways.

Paschal is the only one who truly was screwed over.

Posted by TheFlying - Today at 09:21 PM
    quote:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Trish is just bitter
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

______________________________ ______________________________ ______

First of all Trish is giving her opinion of why Rupert should have gone. And my opinion is that she is not objective. She got beat at her own game. And obviously the rest of the tribe wanted to keep Rupert.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    Having watched every season of the show I am well aware of what the game entails.

Elisabeth threw her vote away on Tina simpy because she said she was willing to give some of her winnings to charity. That was what she claimed to be the deciding factor.

According to the S2 jury, Colby would have won by a landslide had he taken Keith to the final. Tina might have tried to stir things up at Loser Lodge, but taking the word of the jury at face value, Keith would have been lucky to secure a single vote.

The only jury vote Tina gained because of her leading Keith up the garden path was Keith's.

As you say thogh, you didn't see the past series.
    What was the final outcome of the S2 Final 2 vote? Answer that for me if you could please so I can make my response.

The vote was 4 - 3.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlying
    Paschal is the only one who truly was screwed over.

*cough*Kathy O'Brien*cough*

+ Reply to Thread