+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Survivor: Pirate Report (Day 18) - If You Are Going to Shoot at the King, Don't Miss

I don't think that Rupert's Morgan ties are that strong.
    But does Drake think that? Obviously they don't, via Trish, but didn't act on it this episode.

Great report, Bill.
    Hopefully Andrew has finally lost the illusion that Osten is critical to the tribe.
    I hope that if the Morgans go to TC, that they vote out Osten. He's just dead weight.

I also agree that Rupert is a threat going into the merge. Trish and Jon should've probably taken out Rupert first instead of Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf
    Great report, Bill.

I hope that if the Morgans go to TC, that they vote out Osten. He's just dead weight.

I also agree that Rupert is a threat going into the merge. Trish and Jon should've probably taken out Rupert first instead of Burton.
    But he wasn't there to vote out. He had been kidnapped by Morgan.

Right! My point is that the Drakes should've waited to see how things played out instead of throwing the challenge and prematurely kicking off that sexy guy, Burton.

IMO, it would've been much easier for Trish and Jon to get rid of Rupert if they still had one strong guy left in the tribe. Besides Rupert, right now the strongest one physically in Drake seems to be Christa.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf
    Right! My point is that the Drakes should've waited to see how things played out instead of throwing the challenge and prematurely kicking off that sexy guy, Burton.

IMO, it would've been much easier for Trish and Jon to get rid of Rupert if they still had one strong guy left in the tribe. Besides Rupert, right now the strongest one physically in Drake seems to be Christa.

i'm so glad you brought this up. its amazing how things turn out. Christa rocks!

My point is that the Drakes should've waited to see how things played out instead of throwing the challenge and prematurely kicking off that sexy guy, Burton.
    Er, or maybe they thought there was always the option to vote out Rupert by throwing the challenge?

You forget they didn't know Rupert wouldn't be there.

Excellent report, Bill! I really enjoy reading your insights. Your assessment of Andrew is right on, I think. He's really turning out to be an excellent player.

I laughed out loud when I read, "grinning maniac". I still can't stop laughing at that description.

Entertaining, insightful, and thought-provoking. That's why I look forward to these reports every week. Thanks again!
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Excellent analysis, Bill!

I love when we get to the point in the game where we know the players well enough to assess their individual positions and strategies.

We did recommend that Trish bite her tongue, and stay under the radar… too bad she didn't read the report.
    I recommend the Pirate Reports as required reading for all future contestants. It would be great to watch a season where all the players are savvy.

Rupert was right to be sad at tribal council, as once again we see that throwing a challenge in Survivor most often leads to bad things happening.
    I think bad things resulted not so much because they threw the challenge, but because they voted out one of their stronger teammates instead of a weak one. And even so, this really hurt only some players. Some of the Drakes will go to merge as a stronger alliance. Rupert, for example, has benefited – throwing the IC resulted in the evictions of Burton, Michelle and Trish, all of whom were (or would be) gunning for him.

Credit to Andrew though, he might not be the best leader, but he is a damn good Survivor player

FORT Newbie
    Speaking of the puppet master, Jon, you are screwed. Your facial expression at tribal council has to go down in Survivor lore as one of the classic oh-my-God-I-think-I-just-lost moments of all time.
    Haha! I know! I was laughing SO hard at that point.

Osten, why did you sign up for this show?
    YEAH.

Personally, I thought it was dumb that Trish was so worried about Rupert deflecting to Morgan. I mean, the guy LOVES Drake! I really can't see him going over to Morgan, unless he knew that they were planning to get rid of him... Which I guess could've been what Trish was thinking. :S

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Speaking of the puppet master, Jon, you are screwed. Your facial expression at tribal council has to go down in Survivor lore as one of the classic oh-my-God-I-think-I-just-lost moments of all time.
    --------------------------------------------------

I've been hearing alot about this facial expression Jon made when it was announced it was to be Trish voted out. I must have turned away at that pivital moment and I MISSED it!!!!!!!!!!

Does ANYONE have a screenshot of this???
    I'd mail you a million dollars if it can be produced..please?! Pretty please?!

DISCLAIMER: Million dollars is to be mailed in increments of .01 cent a year, spread out over a total of..well...ALOT of years. Not liable for any lost pennies that are mailed through the U.S. Postal Service.**
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast