+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pelican tastes like chicken?

Pelican tastes like chicken?

I don't get it. A whole bunch of people here are upset about Osten's threat to kill the pelican.

The players are hungry, and probably sick of fish. Something different might be really welcome.

If you buy chicken in the supermarket, you've just hired someone to do the dirty work for you.

Let's put aside fact that there is probably less meat on a pelican than a chicken, and it might not taste as good. For non-vegetarians, what's the issue?

Pelicans are known to carry diseases and Christa and Rupert were told not to eat the pelican they killed around episode 3 for that reason. MB opted not to show that footage.

I read that they did kill a pelican their first couple of days there. The producers told them they couldn't eat it because waterfowl are crawling with internal parasites.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Fossil
    I don't get it. A whole bunch of people here are upset about Osten's threat to kill the pelican.

The players are hungry, and probably sick of fish. Something different might be really welcome.

If you buy chicken in the supermarket, you've just hired someone to do the dirty work for you.

Let's put aside fact that there is probably less meat on a pelican than a chicken, and it might not taste as good. For non-vegetarians, what's the issue?
    I think the problem with this particular pelican is that is exhibited curiosity, a very human characteristic. I'd find it hard to kill an animal with a personality. We don't eat dogs and cats either (as least in this part of the world).

I think the real issue is that Osten wouldn't have killed it for food, but because he was afraid of it. I think Osten has more in common with a chicken that a pelican does...maybe they should kill and eat him! (Just kidding, folks - I don't want to get the cannibal haters after me )
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Shame they didn't tell Christa and Rupert not to eat pelican before they kiled the poor thing.

There is no way Osten would have killed that bird.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Yeah, Osten was just sharpening his machete because he was scared. He's scared of the water and the forest, so he's basically stuck in a corner. Then the pelican monster arrives, fight-or-flight (he would have chosen flight).
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    Shame they didn't tell Christa and Rupert not to eat pelican before they kiled the poor thing.

There is no way Osten would have killed that bird.
    Yea, he was to afraid of the bird! He wouldn't have been able to get close enough to kill!!!

K

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    LOL about Osten not being able to kill the pelican...cause it's so true. He probably would have dropped the knife after about 5 minutes cause it got too heavy! LOLOL
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    LOL about Osten not being able to kill the pelican...cause it's so true. He probably would have dropped the knife after about 5 minutes cause it got too heavy! LOLOL

Are you kidding me? He would have been too big of a puss to walk down to the beach to get it. The closest that man will ever come to killing his own food will be to go through McDonald's drive-thru. Actually, *that* would probably be too taxing. He probably has a gf or mom who goes to get it for him.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast