+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pelican tastes like chicken?

FORT Newbie
    If I was Osten, I think I would go crawl under a rock somewhere. As much as he struts around with his big muscles and talks and then runs like a baby from a pelican I would be ashamed to show my face. I have never seen anyone as useless as Osten...to think they voted out Ryan S. to keep Osten.

Maybe the Morgan tribe should keep the pelican and throw out Osten.

SilverWolfe

I think it's wise to be cautious of wild animals, you never know how they will react.
    When a persons first reacton is to want to kill it though I think they have problems.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Animals (loosely used here) have always been able to sense fear in someone...maybe the reason Osten has been attacked previously. Either that or he was agitating them and they attacked. We all know Osten has problems, all right!

To be fair with Osten, I don't think he really meant to kill the pelican. I just think he was being very childish, and Andrew was right to be embarassed for him more than anything. I think Osten's sole intention in sharpening the machete was so that Ryan O. would overreact and take serious actions to get the Pelican away from him, since it's obvious the rest of Morgan was in a fairly playful mood when the pelican arrived with Osten obviously distressed (is he ever not? ). Osten basically sent a message with, in my opinion, no actual actions intended. He was just childishly telling Ryan O. "Don't joke about this I'm really damn scared of that thing, enough to act psychotically about it." It did work as Ryan's mood changed. I've seen many other people "overthreaten" in situations that makes them uncomfortable.
    Last edited by Zaius; 10-24-2003 at 11:22 PM.
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

Zaius

Osten never would have harmed the pelican; he was just scared and wanted to get the others to act. I actually think it worked against him though: noone likes a party pooper!
    If God is a DJ--life is a dance floor
    Click here to team up with FansOfRealityTV to help fight cancer!
    Watashi wa, sekai wo kaeru.

Quote Originally Posted by chirospasm
    Zaius

Osten never would have harmed the pelican; he was just scared and wanted to get the others to act. I actually think it worked against him though: noone likes a party pooper!

He doesnt have enough chutzpah to say boo to a goose.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Another to Zaius post.
    Osten was just playing around. Unless they were planning on eating it, I doubt that Ryan and Andrew would have let Osten harm the pelican. If anything, Mr. Wuss would've probably fainted if the pelican got too close to him.

As Andrew put it, it was embarrasing watching a grown man act like a scared child.

Zaius, you're a good man to be fair to Osten and I appreciate your point, but I really find it hard to cut him any slack. The guy was being so ridiculously immature about the whole situation. He tries to come off as some big bad macho guy with the whole machete act, but you know that inside he was terrified by the pelican. The pelican was showing no aggression, whatsoever. It reminds me of the neighborhood bully mentality (I'm going to hurt you before you can hurt me), and I can't stand that. If you're not going to do anything, why act like you are? What face are you really saving if you make yourself look so foolish and embarrass your whole tribe? Interesting, once again, that someone else has to come to Osten's rescue--RyanO in this instance--instead of Osten taking responsibility for himself.

Oh, I agree Mantenna. I wasn't defending Osten's integrity or sportsmanship or masculinity or maturity or mentality (or lack thereof of all of them!) I just didn't think he would touch the pelican.

I almost would have liked to have seen him try--it would have guaranteed his out next TC!
    If God is a DJ--life is a dance floor
    Click here to team up with FansOfRealityTV to help fight cancer!
    Watashi wa, sekai wo kaeru.

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    Osten is probably going to need counciling after this is over before he goes to a park....those pidgeons can be really mean.....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast