+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Episode 7 Spoiler Vidcaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Driew_La_27
    I believe this is the third tribe. What I mean is at the beginning of the season you guys told us that there were three tribes. One orange, blue, and the merging tribe purple. Well I think that the tribes will not merge. This is the third tribe (I can't think of the name of the purple tribe; that was mentioned before the show started.)

Jeff said at the last TC that there might not be a merge.

Enough blabing. Sorry if this was already mentioned.

Driew
    Some reports tell merging tribe color is black. So the ghost tribe would be purple as long as it lasts.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    ANY reality show that brings the voted out/cast out/booted out/"foreva" people back to the game.. lowers the bar.. imho.

They were voted out for a reason, and I think it takes away the credibility and integrity of the show by giving them another shot at possibly winning.

Think about it if you were one of the ones kicking ass throughout the game, only to have ohhh...say....Lillian to win. Makes no sense at all, and I'd be pissed.
    It is not fair to the remain players that played a better game than those that got voted out.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaky
    I personally don't think they return to compete. They come back to "haunt". They are part of the rewards somehow for a while...

Maybe the tribes get some/all of them for a reward and can select ghosts from the other tribe?

It might be that they won't have "real people" rights since they are ghosts.

They can't vote.

They can't be voted off.

They can't win.

But they can cause lots of problems...ya know? They have lots of knowledge of the other team.... The curse of Pearl Islands might be haunting ghosts.

Its halloween week after all.
    Yea, I can see this taking place. And yea, the booted players can cause lots of problems. I just can not imagine they would reenter the game (the whole torch extinguishing spectacle...though, remember, Lill's torch had to be put out twice when she was booted...foreshadowing?).

Lill must return ><

Quote Originally Posted by LAGuy
    Check out the promo on the CBS website. It clearly shows the "Ghost" tribe competing.

There's a purple cage (along with a blue cage for Drake and an orange cage for Morgan) and shots of the "Ghost" tribe trying to get out of the cage. Also, there are shots of a foot race between Burton, Andrew and Shawn.

To see more video caps, go to http://www.survivorfever.net/vc_wp_7.html

As I posted on the previous page, I think that some members of the "Ghost" tribe will be given the opportunity to re-enter the game (somehow) and will be part of the new, merged tribe (which is rumored to be named "Balboa").

Ya, I see them competing, I'm not sure they can win the grand prize though in the final.

Just because we see them competing, does this mean they are there to stay until the final days as a tribe? Could they be there to compete one week, maybe one or two staying to live within one of the lasting tribes?

I don't know.

They've been snuffed out. The tribe has spoken. They are there to compete and take away something from the existing tribes but can one of the ousted, returning tribe members (didn't outwit, didn't outlast, didn't outplay) be allowed to "compete for the million"?

I don't think it is "right" in the basic foundation of the game of survivor if they are back to stay and "compete" for the final prize.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaky
    They've been snuffed out. The tribe has spoken. They are there to compete and take away something from the existing tribes but can one of the ousted, returning tribe members (didn't outwit, didn't outlast, didn't outplay) be allowed to "compete for the million"?
    I agree with you -- to an extent.

However, the argument could be made that if you return to the game after being booted (and with a HUGE target on your back) and somehow manage to make it to the final 2, then, yes, you have effectively outplayed, outwitted, and outlasted. Since the final decision is up to the jury, that would have to be something for them to consider.

I remember when Amy returned in Big Brother 3, the other houseguests felt there was NO WAY she would win the money for that very reason: that it wasn't fair or right that the money would go to someone who had re-entered the house after being evicted. It would've been interesting to see, had she made it to the end (against, say, Danielle) how much of a factor that would've been.

Kraky, they ARE allowed to compete and win the million.

fluff said:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Monumental decision?

I'm thinking Osten might decide to leave.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How about...Jon decides to keep his mouth shut and his opinion to himself?

ORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR............. .........Osten decides to get up off his ass and do something. Osten..? Osten..? Helllllllllllllooooooooooooooo oo....
    ....You can't fix stupid.......Ron "Tater Salad" White

I think I've read most of this thread and if there has been any discussion on the "Ghost" tribe's chances in team challenges, I've missed it.

Besides them being unified in wanting to prove themselves, I'm not sure how well they'll work as teammates. Burton and Michelle's clique might open up to include Nicole, if she is "cool" enough, and maybe Trish as an ex-Drake, but probably not Ryan S and Lill. However, the three ex-Morgans (Nicole, Ryan S, and Lill) might have bonded tight before Burton joined them on day 12. Hopefully they'll have learned their lessons and put aside differences to work as a team.

Burton is their only strong man for physical challenges, because as much as I like Ryan S., he just doesn't have it in the muscles department. Trish seems to be quite athletic, but I don't think she has much upper body strength. Michelle is tough for her size, but her size isn't much. Lill seemed to do well in the swimming challenge, but otherwise doesn't seem too strong, and I haven't a clue about Nicole except that she will have to work at keeping her dress up.

In a mental or logical challenge, which the cages behind them might be, I think they have just as much a chance as Drake or Morgan.

I really have no clue how this is all going to play out, but am looking forward to watching it no matter what happens.

I think the Ghost tribe might do very well as a team -- especially if we're only talking about competing in a challenge or two.

The cage escapes in the past haven't been overly physically challenging, and there's usually a fairly mental aspect to them (untying knots, etc.) I would think Michelle would be the weakest overall member of the tribe, but in the shots of the Ghost tribe in the cage, she isn't shown. Perhaps, as the Ghost tribe numbers 6 (to 5 each for Morgan & Drake), she sits this one out.

Though we don't know the specifics, it's interesting to see in the vidcaps that some people are crawling under the cage (Andrew, and Shawn with Christa's help), whereas Rupert can be seen exiting through an open door. (Shawn is behind him, though, so I wonder why he isn't able to go through the same door. Maybe only one can move at a time and/or there are different cells?) Anyway, if crawling under the cage is one of the options, the overall smaller body size of the Ghost tribe could be a definite advantage. Especially for Skinny Ryan.

Don't know how the footrace figures in, but, since the vidcaps show only Andrew, Burton and Shawn racing, perhaps the race doesn't happen until all tribe members are free of the cage, at which time just one member from each tribe takes part in the race. With Burton being the strongest on the Ghost tribe, it makes sense that he would be the one running.

Overall, the physical aspects of this particular challenge might suit the Ghost tribe very well. And if the reward for their efforts is the opportunity for some of them to return to the game & compete for the million bucks, I think that's probably all the incentive they need to function together as a tribe -- at least in the short term.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast