+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Something's Not Right....(Spoiler Speculation)

Something's Not Right....(Spoiler Speculation)

Hmmmmmm, Ok.....first off.....tonight's episode was one of my most favorites EVER!. I love that Trish got whacked, and I loved the look on Jon's face when he realized he was no one's puppet master. LOL. Priceless!

I've mentioned in another post that I liked Christa from the start (for whatever reason), but man this girl rocks!! It was awesome enough that she hung in there with all that weight on her shoulders....litterally...LOL, but when Jeff points out that she held as much weight that Olsten had when he bailed.....longer....well that was the icing on the cake. GREAT JOB tonight Christa!

Rupert...you never cease to amaze me my friend, but PLEASE mellow out a little bit. You're emotions are going to get the best of you. I want you to win....don't blow it. (Naturally he won't win....but still....I can hope)

Olsten....grow up you wimp....enough said.

Trish....you got what you deseved for you actions tonight. You had the right strategy, but you put it into play at least one week to earlier. You never saw it coming, and it was one of Survivors great moments I think. A coup to overthrow the coup! Woo Hooo....!!

There are other moments that I could mention, but I'll get to the point of my post.

I have this odd feeling that WE....as viewers and internet posters are about to get duped. There has been nothing, but speculation from day one that one of the tribe members is allowed to come back, and rejoin the game. This seems to be inevitable......agreed.

Some rumors have it being Lil. She comes home with her foot broken, and an usual weight loss of 30lbs. Much more than she could have lost in her short stay with the tribe. Obviosly her game didn't end when her torch was snuffed out (with some difficulty I might add).

The other rumor has Trish being the former tribe member who returns. I can't give specific reasons as to why people think Trish is the one because I haven't heard the proof to back it up, but only the rumor. However, it seems that many are confident it is her based on reports of her being in the final two.

Ok, If you look at these two women and say....Hmmmmmmm (as I have many times tonight) and then add in Jeff's words in the previews for next week "You're past comes back to haunt you...." you come up with any uneasy feeling that something big and unexpected is about to happen. Ok...we KNOW something big is about to happen which is no doubt the "Big" twist promised by JP and MB, but I think it's going to be bigger than even we....the viewers have speculated on.

I pose this question.....

If you are standing on the beach in your tribe...with the other tribe also present before a challenge, and then....Jeff says to all of you..."Your past comes back to haunt you.." etc. do you...as a Survivor contestant get shaken by the return presense of just ONE former contestant? I will say it again....just ONE former contestant? I'll answer my own question with a resounding HELL NOOO! I will say that one contest falling into the right alliance could make all the difference in whether you stay or not, but still, that's a roll of the dice on which members the former player would side on. It's not something that I'd be packing my bags in anticipation of the bootcity express. My reaction would be at MOST thoughts of amusement as to 1) How and why does this player get to return, and 2) How can I use this to my advantage. Based on the facial reactions of a few Survivors....this CAN'T JUST BE ONE PERSON COMING BACK. It just can't be.

My thoughts are....with all the talk about Lil or Trish coming back......I have now come to the conclusion that we will quite possibly see at minimum TWO players coming back, and possibly ALL THE CASTOFFS coming back to form a Third tribe.

Maybe there isn't going to be a merge....Wow....now that's a twist! Maybe three tribes compete until the bitter end. Now, one would ask...hmmmmm but what if one of the three tribes gets totally wiped out early, and they don't have enough members to compete in the events. Well, in that case I say...perhaps this "Third tribe" isn't going to be there for long. What if this tribe competes on the beach in front of the Drakes and Morgans for their sudden death victory to come back to a tribe of "their choice" giving one tribe a one person advantage going into the merge. Hmmmmmmmm

Or what if ALL the former castoffs are allowed to compete for that same change, and then instead of the usual one person getting the boot each week, TWO PEOPLE GET Elimanated!! This would be yet another twist that has not been down and would be totally shocking. By doing this, the extra weeks seemingly needing to be added to the show by bringing the back people would be then be shortened to fit into the 40 day time frame. Towards the end of the show you could drop it back to one person a week, and proceed normally from there. There are so many possiblities now that I think about it, and I'm just trying to think "outside the box".

Another thought that the shocker comes during a reward challenge. What if the reward is.....a tribe member? Tribes would compete hard against each other to get that one extra person. My mind is spinning so I have to stop here. LOL!

I just think that everyone has been thinking that only one person is coming back, but I say a minimum of two, and possibly all are coming back in a twist that
    actually WILL make our jaws drop. I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL NEXT WEEK!!!!!!!

In summary....

There is such strong feelings buzzing with fans that either Trish or Lil will be coming back....I say evidence points to both of them returning and possibly ALL the former castaways for one last chance at the money. It was Jeffs words tonight that spawned my thoughts. One person coming back is not only anti-climatic and boring, but it's just not even to make everyone look so shocked when they find out what happens.

I think that WE will be just as shocked if not moreso, by this twist then the actual Drake and Morgan tribe members. Am I losing my mind or am I onto something tangible here? Come on people think OUTSIDE the box!

one of the spoiler sites that i read said that all of the people who have been voted out will come back and form a "ghost" tribe. their tribe color will be either maroon or purple. they are coming, supposedly, next week.

if you look really closely at the end of tonight's episode, you will see that one of the challenges from next week has 3 cages: one orange (morgan); one aqua (drake); and one a maroon-ish color.

also, jeff said during the previews for next week's episode something to the effect of "your past will come back to haunt you." does this give us a clue as to whether this 3rd tribe theory is actually true?

guess we'll find out next week...on SURVIVOR!!

Quote Originally Posted by DamonVictor
    one of the spoiler sites that i read said that all of the people who have been voted out will come back and form a "ghost" tribe. their tribe color will be either maroon or purple. they are coming, supposedly, next week.

if you look really closely at the end of tonight's episode, you will see that one of the challenges from next week has 3 cages: one orange (morgan); one aqua (drake); and one a maroon-ish color.

also, jeff said during the previews for next week's episode something to the effect of "your past will come back to haunt you." does this give us a clue as to whether this 3rd tribe theory is actually true?

guess we'll find out next week...on SURVIVOR!!

Wow, a third cage...really? Good catch, I didn't notice that, but to be honest I never really think to look at the enviroment behind the tribe members in the previews. I focus so much on who is talking to whom, and how etc, and what they are saying. This is what gives me a feel for what is about to happen. Now i'm totally convinced of the three tribe scenario. It will be interesting how they work it. I definately see multiple tribe member boots per TC coming in the near future. It's the only way they can keep the show down to 40 days on the island. Either that or they will have to increase the number of challenges that occur in the normal 3 day time span (per episode) to three or four and have more than one TC per show. I think the first idea is better though. Muliple boots...i.e. two at one TC.

As for spoiler sites, I don't go to them. I get all of my info on this board, and I hadn't seen the three tribe scenario discussed seriously at all. Most posts (actually all I've read) always speculate on just one person coming back. Only time will tell how much of this comes true. It's just guesswork and a gut feeling on my part based on next weeks's preview, and Jeff's wordings etc.

Leo
    Premium Member
    It's an interesting scenario. The only thing I can imagine that could case a problem would be how you would form the jury.

Here's another crazy scenario: what if, assuming there are three tribes, there's some sort of grand IC. All three tribes compete against one another - losing tribe all goes home. Sounds crazy, I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Leo
    It's an interesting scenario. The only thing I can imagine that could case a problem would be how you would form the jury.

Here's another crazy scenario: what if, assuming there are three tribes, there's some sort of grand IC. All three tribes compete against one another - losing tribe all goes home. Sounds crazy, I know.

Why do you feel there would be a problem with the jury? Am I missing something? I don't think it would effect the jury at all. If you bring back the original castoffs, and somehow for instance divide them up into the Drakes and Morgan's...based on the competition perhaps to see who might go where? I just don't see a third tribe being in effect for long. Maybe for one or two competions, but I still if the castoffs come back you have to eventually (more sooner than later) divide them back to two tribes. Do the double elimination boots for a couple shows minimum then do a traditional merge if there is even to be one, and drop back down to solo boots each weeks. They are only bringing back (speculation of course) 6 castaways. Add to this say....4 people who would have been booted normally without and changes. That brings the number to 10 that you have to get rid of in say 5 weeks our time (assuming double boots) or 15 days Survivor time. Now you're down to about the same amount of people vs. days left on the island that you would normally have. Go to the solo boots, pick your jury from the previous weeks of double boots, and play the game as you normally would to the end. I think they could do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Leo

Or how about a competion or series of competitions where three tribes compete against each other.....then to top 10 contestants in a combined total score from mental and physical competions are allowed to stay and form the new "merged" tribe. The six with the lowest scores go back home for good (minus a couple potential jury members if needed)

So many possibilties!! GRRRRRRRR! LOL

I like the three tribe deal! Can you imagine their faces?!

I agree--I don't see too much of a problem with a jury. What if there is no jury, and everyone votes? Because they all spent extra time on the island(s), why not let them all be in the jury?
    If God is a DJ--life is a dance floor
    Click here to team up with FansOfRealityTV to help fight cancer!
    Watashi wa, sekai wo kaeru.

I hope your right about the 3 tribe deal. There faces would be priceless!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chirospasm
    I like the three tribe deal! Can you imagine their faces?!

I agree--I don't see too much of a problem with a jury. What if there is no jury, and everyone votes? Because they all spent extra time on the island(s), why not let them all be in the jury?
    Ooooh, I REALLY like the idea of them all being on the jury.

I wanna see EVERYONE voted out back on! OMG that will be so great... probably in the one of two parts episode will have like 3 people voted off.. woah this is craZy!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast