+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Something's Not Right....(Spoiler Speculation)

Up Where They Belong SurvivorGirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Idol Critic
    Grrrrrr, it's only Sunday! @@#$$ it Mr. Thursday.....why are you ALWAYS such a slacker? Come on already!!! Grrrrr!
    Yeah lol. I feel that way sometimes too.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlying
    But we have screenshots of the ghost tribe competing.....................
    Your right, that is the confusing part of this, if they are competing as a tribe, what is the perk if they win?? The whole game is on the back of the next 2 episodes. I don't know if I like that.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Roz_City
    Your right, that is the confusing part of this, if they are competing as a tribe, what is the perk if they win?? The whole game is on the back of the next 2 episodes. I don't know if I like that.
    My guess is that they may leave it as a cliffhanger, with the ousted members coming back and then the show ending for the week. I did see in the previews that Jeff said "one of you may be going home." I don't really get that, seeing as how someone always goes home when they lose an IC. Maybe they ghost tribe gets to go to TC with the loser and vote someone off. There's been 6 people kicked off, so the bootees would have an advantage going to TC. Also in the previews, I saw only 2 tribes competing. Maybe the former Morgan members compete with Drake and the former Drake's compete with Morgan, as kind of a different twist.
    Personally, I'm not too sure I'm going to like this twist, depending on how it plays out. The point of the game is to vote people out and only one can win. Sometimes people are kicked out for good reasons, other times for really stupid ones. The point is, they get kicked off, they'll come back bitter and try to go after whoever targeted them. Maybe there not going to come back into the game at all, maybe they won't have as much power as they think. Well, it should be interesting, whatever happens.

They could do it as a cliffhanger, but remember they do complete that reward challenge (the challenge seems to be a reward because the immunity idol is nowhere in site and we have all different angles), so we will see them back for more than a few seconds next episode.

You want outside the box? Try this:

The harrr-dy Drakes and Morrr-gans kin barrr-ley keep their eyes in their sockets when they spot a ragtag crew of Pelicans wearing purple buffs marching towards them, machetes drawn and ready for battle.

The episode concludes with Osten, hands tied behind his back, walking the plank while Pelican Pete encourages him forward with his machete.

Harrdy-harr-harr, mates.

Well, I took a look at the pictures on Survivorfever.net. Unfortunately, they are all coming back (Trish included). Savage is trying to push himself under the cage. Also, there is a shot of Shawn and Rupert opening a cage door.

I don't know how the site gained access to these pictures and info. But, even if they came from CBS's site, they are just a bit much. Oh, well! I enjoyed them anyway, and I can't wait to see if some of these "spoilers" are correct!

Queenraw: you can watch the whole streaming video at the official CBS site
    If God is a DJ--life is a dance floor
    Click here to team up with FansOfRealityTV to help fight cancer!
    Watashi wa, sekai wo kaeru.

I agree with everyone who has said that bringing booted players back is unfair. The resurrected players are getting 2 chances at the prize, while everyone else got just one.

There's another way to look at this though: It is currently common practice to boot the strong players because they present a threat. The physically strong players weren't even considered contenders by most of us this season. If MB brings back the booted players even temporarily this time, there will always be this sword hanging over future Survivors. They will be in less of a hurry to vote off the strong because they will be afraid to have them come back as the competition – better to keep them on your tribe rather than send them to the ghost tribe.

I think this will make the show better for the viewers. We like seeing strong players go far. It will also add an interesting wrinkle to the game. The possibility of ghosts coming back will be one more factor to take into consideration while planning strategy.

Imo, on the whole, while the resurrection sucks for this lot of Survivors, it bodes well for strong players of future seasons.

Leo
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sheela
    There's another way to look at this though: It is currently common practice to boot the strong players because they present a threat. The physically strong players weren't even considered contenders by most of us this season. If MB brings back the booted players even temporarily this time, there will always be this sword hanging over future Survivors. They will be in less of a hurry to vote off the strong because they will be afraid to have them come back as the competition better to keep them on your tribe rather than send them to the ghost tribe.
    I have to disagree. Physically strong players don't usually have a problem getting into the merge - unless they do something stupid to screw themselves (i.e., Daniel from S6, and Burton this time around). The real trouble comes when they merge. Everyone is afraid that they're going to go on an IC rampage, so they're removed quickly. Unless MB is willing to have resurrections much later in the game, it won't help physical players as well.

I don't know how reliable it is, but my digital cable summary of Thursday's episode says that a seventh person is voted off the island, so who knows how the two-part thing works.
    If God is a DJ--life is a dance floor
    Click here to team up with FansOfRealityTV to help fight cancer!
    Watashi wa, sekai wo kaeru.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345