+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: SPECULATION on Episode 6 Boot and Future Spoilers.

Why don't we turn against a member of our own alliance who also happens to be our most popular member? It's hard to believe she would be so idiotic.
    Oh give me a break, Rupert is not that popular with his tribe.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlying
    Oh give me a break, Rupert is not that popular with his tribe.

Sorry to offend you, TheFlying. You don't need to have such a personal reaction to my opinion. I feel that he is fairly popular with his tribe. I don't mean personally because I don't know how they like him personally. I only see that they find him valuable as a strong tribemate who can help them win IC's until the merge.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    Sorry to offend you, TheFlying. You don't need to have such a personal reaction to my opinion. I feel that he is fairly popular with his tribe. I don't mean personally because I don't know how they like him personally. I only see that they find him valuable as a strong tribemate who can help them win IC's until the merge.
    If God is a DJ--life is a dance floor
    Click here to team up with FansOfRealityTV to help fight cancer!
    Watashi wa, sekai wo kaeru.

Premium Member
    [QUOTE=Maveno]I can't stand Darrah and her voice.

I can't understand why alot of people complain about Darrah and her voice and yet people have no idea why the others might have wanted to get rid of Christa!

Doesn't anybody else find this girl's voice and mannerisms extremely annoying?? or is it just me?

Leo
    Premium Member
    If this bit of spoilage is true, that the CBS site predicts who goes, then shame on CBS. Shame on them.
    Last edited by Leo; 10-23-2003 at 06:18 PM.

[QUOTE=Shakenbake]
    Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    I can't stand Darrah and her voice.

I can't understand why alot of people complain about Darrah and her voice and yet people have no idea why the others might have wanted to get rid of Christa!

Doesn't anybody else find this girl's voice and mannerisms extremely annoying?? or is it just me?

Ok..wait a sec, Shakenbake. I commented on Darrah's voice cause we're talking about Darrah. But...since you mention the two most annoying voices on reality tv...I'll adress the issue as to why I haven't commented on Christa's drug-induced slur in these threads (cause I sure have commented on it at home)....

Darrah: Very drawly and very hard to understand what she's saying. I usually have to think about what she just said for a bit .. just to SORTA get a drift of what she was meaning. Her tongue is obviously moving around too much, and half the time you can SEE it moving while she speaks.

Christa: Sounds like she's all drugged out, and her eyes are always hanging half shut. With her talk...it's a very lazy, ho-hum mumbly jumble where she barely moves her tongue when she talks. But I do understand it.

But..true enough...both of'm really get my goat. To make a choice which is less annoying between the two, I'd hafta say Christa.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

No offense meant to any poster in particular because I have seen a lot of people comment on this. I just had to have my say.

As a defense for the Southern dialect, just because someone speaks differently from you doesn't mean that the way they speak is wrong. I am Southern, and actually have no accent. HOwever, I have no problem whatsoever understanding Darrah. I have had trouble understanding a few New Yorkers and Northeasterners I've seen on tv, however.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

No offense meant to any poster in particular because I have seen a lot of people comment on this. I just had to have my say.

As a defense for the Southern dialect, just because someone speaks differently from you doesn't mean that the way they speak is wrong. I am Southern, and actually have no accent. HOwever, I have no problem whatsoever understanding Darrah. I have had trouble understanding a few New Yorkers and Northeasterners I've seen on tv, however.
    stargazer!

I'm from the South, too, and I DO have a Southern Accent. I have no problems understanding Darrah; I think people just associate Southern Accents with, um, diminished intelligence :mad: and assume what she's saying will make no sense!

And I agree about them yankees!
    If God is a DJ--life is a dance floor
    Click here to team up with FansOfRealityTV to help fight cancer!
    Watashi wa, sekai wo kaeru.

Quote Originally Posted by chirospasm
    And I agree about them yankees!
    The only Yankees I have problems with wear pinstripes. Go Marlins!!

My favorite two baseball teams are the Detroit Tigers and whoever is playing the Yankees.

Next year is the going to be the year of the Tigers!!!

Sorry to get off-thread.

You know, any strong accent is hard for people who aren't used to hearing it. You folks don't have trouble with Darrah b/c, even if you yourselves don't have a very stong accent, being from the south you're used to hearing it. how did you feel about the NYC police officer on a couple of seasons ago. his accent was pretty stong, although I as a northerner had no trouble with it.

Darrah's accent is very strong. It is. And she just isn't easy for everyone to understand. I think that she's performing pretty well; my only criticism of her is that WHAT she says seems pretty simpleminded.

If it's tru that she does win everything, it will be a shame (Just like Jenna winning last season) b/c she didn't get ahead by anything she's done or strategized about.

+ Reply to Thread