+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What now for Brian?

What now for Brian?

Hmmm, how to go from strong player to instant target in one episode.

Brian is the leader of Chuay Gahn imo.
    Likeable, kind, hardworking and low key.
    I think last night's episode could have done a lot of damage to his chances in the game.

He's building alliances with both Ted and Clay which could blow up in his face if the two of them get talking.
    He has always come across as being an intelligent person, but his wife wrecked that impression last night.
    I'm sure some of the other Survivors are reconsidering their opinion of him in the light of his video from home.
    Why would such an intelligent man marry someone who,(imo) came across as an airhead?
    That would make me wonder if Brian was all that he seemed.

I don't think I have ever seen such a damaging video from home.
    His wife really didn't put a foot right.
    The only thing I can think is that she might have thought none of the other Survivors would be viewing the tape.
    She obviously hasn't watched the show before.
    "That's Numberwang!"

So, my question is, if Brian knew in advance that his wife might embarass him (and it appears he did, since he apologized before the video started), then why didn't he throw the challenge?

I wondered that John.... but some people are just competitors and that side takes over regardless of the "prize"
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I said to my husband last night that he really should have thrown the challenge.

I think being paired with Helen was a problem in that she seemed to clearly want the prize herself.
    She was going like the clappers through the second run on the assault course.
    The pyramid they had to build was so easy, but Helen didn't seem to have a clue how to do it.
    I think they might have been there all night if Brian had intentionally stalled.

This is the same as Amy in BB3 winning the POV in the week she was nominated with Roddy.
    She could ahve saved herself (and us) a whole lot of grief if she'd just thrown the challenge.
    "That's Numberwang!"

He should have just moved the ball slower through the tube...It would have been very easy to fake.

By the way, those were both EXCELLENT challenges last night. I was very impressed with MB's creativity this time.

I don't think he had much choice, Helen was crazy for the win.
    "That's Numberwang!"

He should have dropped his balls on the ground.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    He should have dropped his balls on the ground.

I think the video may have hurt him some but if he can seal up an alliance with Clay he should be in control to the end.

Here is how i see it happening in the next few episodes:

next 2 episodes they get rid of sook jai
    Brian gets the men to vote out the women leaving him and boys
    either he or Ted win the last challenge and takes the other to the final tribal council

The only problem i see lies in the final vote because you know the Chewys are going to lobby for Ted since he has the baby

OF course i never get any of these predictions right so this is probably just wasted space.
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie!'...till you can find a rock.

Unfortunately, tvj, I see the same scenario playing out. Here's my alternate theory, though, just to shake things up.

Jake & Penny convince Helen & Jan to join them. Those 4 vote out the other three, and become the F4. Then Penny goes, Jake wins the F3 challenge and takes Helen with him, knowing he'll win.

It could happen. In Cali's bizarro world, maybe. But wouldn't that be FUN?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast