+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What now for Brian?

LOL....

I do have to say I am impressed though, I suppose that soft-core movies pay more than I had suspected.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

John! That would be hilarious! "Our Swiss bank account is doing well, Sweetie. Reeves said he'd drive us to the airport when you get back so we can unwind at the chalet. Can't wait to get caught up on all the crazy things our residence staff has been up to while you've been away."

Still don't think he realized he was going to be sharing that video with the whole group. Man, did he look strained and terrified at the end of the video, didn't he?
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I'm betting Brian did not realize that his viewing of the tape was going to be a public event. His wife probably didn't either.

It looks like she intended it soley for his eyes only...and I'm sure Brian thought the same thing.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

LG.
    But they SHOULD have BF, as the viewing of family tapes has always been "public" on Survivor. In S1 everyone watched Greg's looney sister and wondered if those two had some unholy relationship. Jenna didn't get a tape, it was sad, etc.

In S2, everyone got short tapes, Keith PROPOSED to his girlfriend live via internet connection IN FRONT OF EVERYONE and Colby won a VISIT with his mom that resulted in a rather Oedipal night in an Aztek.

In S3, I can't remember, I was pretty bored by folks competiting for canned food and trapped in a stupid little circle for 40 days.

In S4 the family members came to compete and Kathy's poor son had to spend the night with his mom at the camp.

There is a long history of everyone watching the tapes if contestants are smart enough to do their research before going on a show.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

JR.
    Originally posted by Paulie
    Man, did he look strained and terrified at the end of the video, didn't he?
    That is the official "oh shit" look

Originally posted by lurkinggirl
    Colby won a VISIT with his mom that resulted in a rather Oedipal night in an Aztek.
    LG!

I finally get that sick image back out of my head from the last time it was referenced, and you have to bring it up again!

I still believe that little slumber party was a key reason why Aztec sales were horrible..... well that and it is an ugly car....
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

They just got video tapes in S3 too.

I think the video was a little tacky to be honest.
    She is a pretty lady, but a boob tube and micro shorts? Puh-leaze.
    I just think she appears to represent everything that Brian isn't about as far as his team mates are concerned.
    "That's Numberwang!"

LG, Greg had the option of watching the video by himself. It was his choice to horrify his teammates with the sister freak show.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

LG.
    Was that how it went, Paulie? I just remember watching all of their jaws drop, going WTF is it like at your house. Also, the whole culture of Survivor is to share everything with your tribemates to help everyone survive (even half-digested mints Neleh), so it would be anti-social (and bad strategy) for someone to run off alone to watch a videotape when the whole group is starved for any form of entertainment that doesn't involve a recitation of recipes.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I agree with you. He should have known. I'm just thinking that he did not, for whatever boneheaded reason.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast