+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Episode 9 post show discussion ***Spoilers***

I saw an interview with MB once where he said applicants can be chosen from tapes sent in for previous shows.
    It is possible that Ted applied for a different show before his wife was pregnant and put on his form that he would be available for later tapings.

I don't know that this is the case, just saying it is a possibility.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Princess
    I think it could be a tough choise... $1M could go to college funds... Ted might be able to stay home with his family for a while if he so chooses.... A larger home... etc etc. Of course, I don't have any kids, so what do I know??!

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    I saw an interview with MB once where he said applicants can be chosen from tapes sent in for previous shows.
    Good point, Fluff. I didn't stop to think that perhaps he'd applied for an earlier show. I remember that there was a question on the application that said something like "If you are not chosen for S3, would you be available for a later taping of another Survivor?"

Of course, in addition to not wanting to miss the birth of one of my kids, my wife would kill if I went off to be on the show and left her alone for the blessed event.

Ultra Concealed Lurker Invisigoth's Avatar
    Anyone playing this game commits to being gone and out of contact for a considerable amount of time - maybe 2 months when all is said and done. That has got to be tough.

Tanya's father died in a car crash & she had to leave early to attend the funeral.

I applied for survivor 6 several months ago (still waiting for that call MB), and a lot could happen between the application & filming. But you are right, it probably is shorter than a pregnancy.

BTW - If I was on the show, I would be the bossy guy who got voted out on the first episode.
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Originally posted ny Wayner "Marry me Ken - I can read a map!"
    !!!!!!! Classic, wayner!

[I] Originally posted by Wolf [I] He never really showed he was that good in the physical competitions and he was just like Robb in the mental competitions. Sorry, Kylie! He is still good looking, though.
    It's okay wolf! No problem, heck I agree with ya there. I am ok with someone who's not the brightest crayon in the box.

I am ok with someone who's not the brightest crayon in the box.
    To quote Jim Carey: So you're sayin' there's a chance!

Originally posted by Invisigoth: I applied for survivor 6 several months ago (still waiting for that call MB), and a lot could happen between the application & filming. But you are right, it probably is shorter than a pregnancy.
    I applied for S3 when my wife was a month or two along expecting our little guy. I would have been back from filming several weeks before he was born.

Good luck, Invisi - I hope you make it!

Originally posted by Wayner
    BTW, when Clay put the Immunity Necklace on, was it just me, or did he remind anyone else a little of the Zuni Warrior doll in "Trilogy of Terror"?
    Yikes, don't mention that little doll...ewww (oh wait that was a different thread that I mentioned how I hated that scary little thing.
    I kind of liked Helen's sing also, it was sort of sad.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

To quote Jim Carey: So you're sayin' there's a chance!
    Ahem, are you saying there's not? LOL Like LG said, Kylie and cookies, what could be better?

I did go to the studio this morning (sans Marry me sign ) I'll post a bit about that later. (Aren't you all in suspense? LOL )

Princess
    Yep - why are you keeping us waiting!!!???

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast