+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Episode 9 post show discussion ***Spoilers***

Princess
    3. I officially despise Brian, Clay, and Helen. Their behavior mocking the folks at TC showed me that deep down they've all got a cruel streak. I thought their behavior was tasteless and crass.
    Agreed, Wayner. Also, didn't they get that they now have a jury that's listening to all the things they say at TC??

Ultra Concealed Lurker Invisigoth's Avatar
    Ken - on the early show with Julie Chen - talking about peeing in the cave.

"It wasn't only the men doing it. The women peed there as well."

Invisigoth is now chanting,
    "please make this mental image go away"
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

I hope that whoever's sleeping next to Ted wears the immunity necklace...That would protect ANYONE from a grinding.

JR.
    Originally posted by Modesty

(Had to add: did anyone notice Erin's... hmm... things??! I think they looked even bigger now!)
    Of course I did, but that's because I'm a filthy

Anyway, I was screaming at the TV when Jake went to Clay instead of Jan. All he had to say to her was "we started this, we should finish this, me and you 'till the end", and he would've had her.

I agree on Ken's board being difficult to read, I had a hard time and I'm not colorblind. They should've used white numbers, or a red board.

Originally posted by John
    I hope that whoever's sleeping next to Ted wears the immunity necklace...That would protect ANYONE from a grinding.
    LOL
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Here's my thought on the whole issue of Ted being away from his baby:

When you apply to be a contestant on Survivor, you know the dates that you are going to be away from your family if you are selected - the months are specified on the ap. The application also asks if you would be available for a later taping of Survivor. Ted knew before he signed up that he'd be away from his wife and newborn child if he was selected, and he chose to be on Survivor instead of with them. I personally can't imagine choosing anything over being with my wife for the birth of one of our kids. For that reason, I can't feel sorry for him.

But that's just me.

Originally posted by Miss F: *For the first 20 seconds, Helen singing was annoying. Afterwards, I thought it was really touching.
    I could not agree more, Miss F. At first I was sitting there saying "Someone shut her up!" but by the time she was done, I thought it was kind of sweet.

BTW, when Clay put the Immunity Necklace on, was it just me, or did he remind anyone else a little of the Zuni Warrior doll in "Trilogy of Terror"?

Ultra Concealed Lurker Invisigoth's Avatar
    Ted probably applied for S5 prior to his wife being pregnant.
    He could have backed out at the last minute. etc.etc.etc.

I am not saying he should or should not have gone.
    Nor am I saying I feel feel sorry for him or not.

I am just saying that he gave a good excuse that probably resonated with the other contestants.

But, he is still the big guy, and is still standing in the way of someone winning a million bucks.
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

LG.
    Coming soon on CD, Helen sings Elvis, all the hits that starving people could endure. Actually, it didn't sound half bad. I'm always a sucker for Elvis.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Ted probably applied for S5 prior to his wife being pregnant.
    No Invisi, they don't take the applications that far in advance - at least they didn't used to - I haven't paid any attention to the process since S3, but back then you applied only a few months before you were to leave.

I'm not saying he shouldn't have gone either, I'm just saying that he and I have different priorities. Not that anyone gives a rip what my priorities are.

LG.
    S1 Gervase's girlfriend GAVE BIRTH to his baby while he was on the show, he found out about the birth and baby's name via tree-mail of all things, so there certainly is precedence to being away from family at crucial times, though I wouldn't do it.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast