+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Michelle's Chat

there is no cuteness factor this season.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Ha, true, Ilikai.

Rab
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilikai
    Well I thought Michelle was cute. Shawn should've taken her place as Rupert can be Drake's only manpower. When Rupert was being a temporary Morgan member he single handedly got all the ladder pieces in the water while Drake was paddling off to who knows where.

I hoped she lasted like Neleh though

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikai
    I think Michelle was the closet thing to it, but after she let out that mighty belch at the IC any trace of cutre was obliterated.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey
    Hey, can't you be cute and still burp loudly? I think it's really unfair to say that guys are the only ones who can let big burps, girls gotta do them too. I say this because well, I tend to burp loudly and not really care. Ah having an older brother and a dad really does influence you.

She's definitely not Elisabeth, Neleh, Erin, Christy, Kelly, Colleen...ok those are my fav chicks from past seasons out of order, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by QuinntheEskimo
    Who am I?
    "OMG is that really michelle? OMG, you should have not been kicked off... they should have kicked Jon off... OMG"

Brooke...definitely Brooke

Michelle lets it all out in her CBS chat...very interesting comments.

Interesting stuff about Christa and Rupert, especially Trish, especially.

Hope this is okay:

http://resources.survivorphoenix.com...rticle&sid=797

Q: How come you didn't go with the plan of pretending to have trouble downing that smoothie?
    Michelle: Because there was no real plan. We didn't know if it would be the slowest person who drank the smoothie or the fastest. There wasn't really a plan, it was more of an idea. So, I just went about it however I could and got it over with as soon as possible.

Q: Do you think that was the nail in the coffin?
    Michelle: No, the nail in my coffin was when Burton was voted off.

Q: Do you think you made your alliance with Shawn and Burton too early in the game?
    Michelle: No, early in the game, we didn't talk about it for a long time because we didn't have to, so it was more of a friendship than an alliance at that time.

Read more...

Q: Were you informed of your alliance's change in plans about voting off Burton instead of Christa, or were you left out of the loop, and if left out of the loop, why?
    Michelle: I was left out of the loop although I did have a suspicion. I was left out of the loop because they knew I liked Burton, and thought it was dumb to vote off the strongest player. Had they told me, it would have made everything difficult for everyone, because I would have fought it.

Q: Did you have a crush on Burton?
    Michelle: *laughs* Everybody loves Burton!

Q: Was Survivor everything you had hoped? What's your best/worst memory from the game?
    Michelle: Survivor was everything I hoped and then some. The best part of the game is the knowledge I got after everything was said and done, and having this experience. The worst part was just waiting around and the boredom while we were hanging out, with no luxury items, so there wasn't much to do.

Q: How did your tribe fare without Rupert for three days?
    Michelle: We did just fine without Rupert. It was one less mouth to feed.

Q: What did Drake think when Rupert's team won that challenge? Did you realize it was because of Rupert?
    Michelle: We didn't win because we didn't have Rupert, we lost because we didn't have our strongest player - Burton.

Q: What happened to Balboa?
    Michelle: Balboa made it through our challenge. He pretty much hung out on the hammock all day. I hope he's still alive in the next episode.

Q: Do you think Jon purposely caused your tribe to lose that RC?
    Michelle: No, Jon's just incredibly weak and it takes a strong person to be the rudder.

Q: Was there any discussion about Jon's ability to steer the boat after RC?
    Michelle: Tons of discussion about that because he proved that he was probably one of the weaker people, if not the weakest person, on the tribe, and that made him very uneasy. I was surprised that he couldn't figure out how to work it.

Q: Jon says he's the "puppetmaster." Is he running the show in Drake?
    Michelle: No way! Jon is Drake's toy. We used him for entertainment. He comes off as smart, but he is not as smart as he says he is.

Q: Did it bother you when Burton teased Rupert so much?
    Michelle: Everybody teased Rupert! We have nothing else to do all day except hang out with each other and make jokes, so it wasn't just Burton. Rupert made fun of us too, so it went both ways. Plus, it was funny! *laughs*

Q: Your parting remarks said "regardless of the politics" - what did that mean? What politics did you perceive?
    Michelle: Just the whining and crying that was going on back and forth. People being indecisive and the politics that were really going on weren't the ones necessarily shown on TV. So, it's hard to really answer that, because there's so much more that happened. By that, I meant that I had a great time regardless of all the nonsense that happened.

Q: Were you allowed to hunt any animals for food? If not, why?
    Michelle: Yeah, we were allowed to hunt animals, but there wasn't much besides iguanas, snakes, and crabs out there, so we pretty much resorted to the ocean. It was easier.

Q: You said this morning on the Early Show that you were hoping that the Drake tribe would see they could make it without Rupert. Do you think that happened?
    Michelle: No! I think that everybody was so in love with Rupert that they forgot the reality of the situation, which was that Rupert had the advantage because he'd talked to both tribes. For all we knew, he could be having an alliance with people from Morgan.

Q: Does Jon annoy everyone as much as it lookes like he does, and why don't they get rid of him?
    Michelle: Yes, he's annoying, but he also makes for good entertainment. Just press the "on" button and he just goes! *laughs*

Q: Did your opinions of the people on the show change after you saw it aired?
    Michelle: For the most part, I knew everybody's true feeling about certain subjects, so I knew what they were saying on camera to the producers with a lot of them. What I didn't know was Rupert, and how much he was in it for the TV. It wasn't all about the game, he was hamming it up for the cameras and that was weird to see.

Q: Do you think Rupert tried hard to save your butt? What happened?
    Michelle: Rupert couldn't save my butt. He wasn't the one making the decisions, but I do appreciate his effort, and along with the other people that I talked to that afternoon including Sandra, Jon, and Trish.

Q: What would you have done if they had picked you to go to Morgan for three days?
    Michelle: I would have had a good time and I would have made a crapload of alliances.

Q: How awful was it to watch yourself vomit on national TV? It was painful for me.
    Michelle: *laughs* It was disgusting! I tasted that shake all day long!

Q: I've heard many rumors that the game is rigged, is it?
    Michelle: No, of course not! It just happens to be a really, really interesting game, with lots of unexpected twists.

Q: What do you think about Shawn after he betrayed you and Burton?
    Michelle: Shawn was really annoying about the whole situation. When Burton was voted off, he made it seem as though he wanted Burton off, when in fact, he was being threatened. They were saying, "Shawn, if you don't vote for Burton, we'll vote for you."

Q: Were you surprised with Rupert's kindness toward the other team (giving them your rice), and did anyone object to it? And how hot is Jeff in person?
    Michelle: Rupert's a good guy, and it's a game where you're not out to make everybody happy, so he just did what he had to do, and that's fine. And J. Pro. is a stud alright!

Q: You stated you were most surprised by Andrew's looting, what did you initially expect him to take?
    Michelle: More rice! I think he was scared to anger people on our tribe, so that's why he didn't take his fair share of rice. He could have taken the whole thing.

Q: Was there anything we didn't see on the show that you would like to share with us?
    Michelle: It's really hard to sum up three days in a half hour or an hour, so I have plenty to say about what went on with the show - maybe too much.

Q: Trish doesn't seem to talk much. Did you two relate or bond at all?
    Michelle: Trish and I were both cheerleaders in college. She said that I reminded her of herself when she was young, so we did have a bond, but because I was so much like her when she was young, she knew that I was pretty tricky, and I think that was scary for her.

Michelle had this to say on Trish the day after her boot on Insider:

One of the things I could have done to save myself the night I was voted out is talk to Trish about it --kind of plead my case to her of why I should stay and Shawn should go, but I didn't do that. And the reasoning is kind of surprising. Why should I have to go and plead my case to Trish? “Who is Trish to tell me that ‘oh, Ok, you can stay.’” I just didn’t like that whole idea I didn’t like that.. No one likes to be the underdog, no one likes to sit and beg. I wasn’t going to sit and beg. It really comes down to who is she to decide my fate in the game. I know it sounds stupid cause I may have been able to stay longer, but it’s just a personal thing. I just can’t do it.

So I talked to Rupert and Jon instead, who you know, seemed to know how I kind of felt. I would never have talked to Christa about it because she’s nasty -- she’s not a fun person to talk to begin with. I just don’t like the idea of Trish being the leader of everything. She’s kind of the undercover leader. No one knows she’s the one behind it, but she is.

I mean I think the people who are under her working for her are people like Jon and Christa and Rupert and Sandra. They are all working for her. I don’t know if they know they realize that is how it’s turning out but it is. It’s like Trish is the queen and everybody else is working under her, but at the same time it looks like the other people are the masterminds because they are doing all the work. Like Jon’s looking like he’s doing all the work. But he’s doing what Trish is telling him to do. So I don’t know if they realize that but I definitely did and I didn’t want any part of that. Even for a million dollars it’s hard to step back. I did that a lot. I did step back and swallow my pride and suck things up that I normally wouldn’t have. I kept my mouth shut when I normally would have said something. I just had had enough and I just couldn’t do it this time.
    Q: In your CBS interview, you said you had no intentions of being on their side - why turn on your tribe like that?
    Michelle: Because they singled me out once Burton was gone, and some of them were extremely rude about it, and I wouldn't stand a chance with them, so I'd have to go against them.

Q: Which challenge was the most difficult for you?
    Michelle: The first one with the cannon kicked my butt. I still have scars.

Q: How scary was Rupert looking when Shawn lost the spear? Did everyone just avoid him in fear of making him even madder?
    Michelle: *laughs* When Rupert yells, everybody walks away, because his temper can get out of control. Honestly, the situation wasn't as serious as it was made out to be. I couldn't help but laugh at the whole thing, but then again, it wasn't me that was the one in trouble!

Q: In the limited time you saw Morgan, any impressions that stand out for you?
    Michelle: Darrah's a pretty tough chick to be able to sit in that harness for three hours. She's extremely energetic, even having little not no food and Andrew's a pretty savvy guy, and seems potentially dangerous.

Q: Was it annoying when Rupert just sat there and talked to you when you were throwing up?
    Michelle: *laughs* He didn't even give me a second to breathe! But, we didn't have that much time, so I appreciate him comforting me, even when I was throwing up.

Q: What made you decide to try out for Survivor?
    Michelle: It was a challenge that I knew I could do if I'd gotten the chance, it'd be an amazing adventure. But to be honest, I never thought I'd be on.

Q: What previous Survivors would you have wanted to be teamed up with, and why?
    Michelle: Colby, duh!! Most amazing Survivor ever. And I had a great time with Burton, too.

Q: What was the first meal you ate after getting voted off the island?
    Michelle: I ate over twenty-five mini candy bars in one night, and a lot of beer.

Q: What did you think of Sandra? Was she as tough as she acted?
    Michelle: Sandra was great 'cuz she said exactly what was on her mind, but for the most part, her motto was "I'll vote for whoever as long as it's not me," so she wasn't really in control of anything, and therefore didn't have to be tough.

Q: What did you say when you placed your vote for Shawn?
    Michelle: I said "If anybody was going to jump ship, it would be you. Hope you dont."

Q: Was there a time when you thought about aligning with the other girls?
    Michelle: In the beginning, the four of us hung out for the first few days, but then things started to get tense between Christa and I, and I had more fun hanging out with they guys than somebody who was just rude to me all the time.

Q: Did you have any idea that Christa felt alienated by your friendship with Burton and Shawn?
    Michelle: Yes, you could tell that it made a lot of people uneasy that it was so easy for me to hang out with the guys and have a good time, rather than sit around and braid hair.

Q: Who had the worst case of body odor out there?
    Michelle: *laughs* Well, Rupert wasn't the best smelling guy I've ever been by. I had to share the mattress with him for a few nights. After a while, you get used to it though.

Q: If Playboy offered, would you pose?
    Michelle: I'm not even going to think about anything like that yet.

Q: Was Burton surprised to see you turn up at the loser's lodge?
    Michelle: Yes! He was surprised, very surprised, but excited at the same time.

Q: What preparations did you go through to prepare yourself for the game?
    Michelle: I tried to make myself as uncomfortable as I possibly could at home, so I did things like slept on the floor and ate bland food, that way, when I got to the island, it would be kind of normal and kind of homely.

Q: Are you a bigger fan of Survivor now that you have been on it, or do you think editing makes it harder for you to watch?
    Michelle: I'm still a huge fan, but the editing is kind of annoying, because I constantly have to explain what happened in those three days. But, all in all, it's still a great show, even if I didn't know what really happened.

Q: What did you get to do after you were voted off?
    Michelle: We got to do things like snorkeling, white water rafting, and horseback riding. We stayed active the whole time.

Q: Do you have any words of wisdom for the upcoming Survivors?
    Michelle: One of the best strategies I would think of is to do nothing, literally, and go along for the ride, because when you provide too much strategy or think too hard, it starts to backfire on you, so you're better off being worthless.

Q: Did you watch the other seasons of Survivor to learn strategy?
    Michelle: Yes, I watched just about all of them. The only one I missed was when I was in Switzerland and I think it was Africa.

Q: What did you think of the guys from Morgan doing the challenge in the buff?
    Michelle: Stupid. Just stupid. It was actually pretty dangerous. We were literally running through the jungle with rough bushes and you never knew what could happen.

Q: Anything you wish you didn't say or do while you were on the island?
    Michelle: Hindsight's always 20/20, and it's easy for me to sit back and think about the things I should have done, but in the game, I did the smartest things that I think I could have done at the time, and therefore can't regret anything.

Q: From what you saw, who do you think was worthless on Drake?
    Michelle: Sandra doesn't do too much, she doesn't really contribute to the challenges, and I have to say, she's the most worthless one at least from my time on the island. At least she was good for entertainment.

Q: I heard that you tried out fot three other editions of Survivor. Which, and what differences were there in your audition tapes?
    Michelle: This was the third time I'd tried out. It was this one, the Amazon, and Thailand. My first video was pretty intense, it showed me skydiving, bungee jumping, and doing gymnastics. The second was just me and the camera and same with the third one, and both times I advanced to the semi-finals, and the last time I made it all the way.

Q: Which previous Survivor do you liken yourself to most?
    Michelle: I think that I'm a combination of a few of them, but I don't think they've really had a character like me on there yet. Kind of sweet, but also kind of dangerous.

Q: What do you think of Morgan's tribe now that you can see how it was at their camp?
    Michelle: That was an absolute ridiculous display of effort on their part. I was shocked to see them do the things that they did. It was unbelieveable and that they'd never been camping before. I felt really bad for them.

Q: Who seems to have the most interesting personality on this season's show?
    Michelle: I think it's Jon. I know he plays it up for the camera a lot, but there's a lot that goes on inside of his head that I don't think shows up for the cameras. He's really bright, yet really gutsy, and it's an interesting combination.

Q: Who would you choose from the Morgan tribe to join Drake for three days?
    Michelle: Osten. I think it would ahve showed us how good we had it as a tribe.

Q: When you were hanging during the one IC, were you thinking of giving up?
    Michelle: Never! I was thinking that I was at home, watching TV with my niece. I wasn't even in Panama at that point.

Q: So, are you and Burton dating now?
    Michelle: *laughs* I can't talk to the Survivors!

Q: What are your future career plans post-Survivor?
    Michelle: I'm not sure right now, I'm just planning on getting into a lot of trouble.

Michelle: It was an awesome show, I had an amazing time, and I'm really excited to see what else is going to happen this season!
    Last edited by TheFlying; 10-18-2003 at 12:51 PM.

Wow, Trish under control... that can bring her to the chopping block soon

The bits about Trish being the real puppet master of Drake are really interesting. If she is working it like Tina (didn't she make Colby do her dirty work?), she might go and win it all...
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast