+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Not a merge but new tribes (speculation...not spoilers)

Not a merge but new tribes

Does anyone think it possible that MB chooses two players, one from each tribe who will pick members for two new tribes as they did in the last series? Who would be the ones selected? Naturally if the tribes get to select someone to send Andrew would be the one chosen from Moron tribe but who would go from Drake?

Does anyone think this could happen soon?

Rab
    Welcome Goldfish. *waves*

I kind of liked S4's method of creating 2 new tribes with them standing on disks representing one tribe or the other.

FORT Fogey
    For a minute there i thought this was a spoiler, anyway, i think this could be a possible plot twist, but i like the idea of the two tribes merging.

Quote Originally Posted by Rab
    Welcome Goldfish. *waves*

I kind of liked S4's method of creating 2 new tribes with them standing on disks representing one tribe or the other.
    I've been an avid Survivor fan from day 1 of the original series, and I still can't get enough of the show for some reason. I'm sad to say that although I watched every episode of season's 1-3, and 5-7 (as of today), I missed the entire fourth season due to some serious issues in my life at the time. Therefore I don't know who Kathy was (she is mentioned often), and I only have a minimal feel for what happened during the show with the exception that the winner (was her name Veruca? Or something like that?) somehow managed to pull the win out of nowhere by flying under the radar. I know I can read about the show's episodes on the net, and get a better idea of what happened, but I'm sure the true Survivor fans on this board know that it wouldn't even come close to being the same without truly seeing the people, and getting a feel for who they were based on their mannerisms, and not so much their spoken words, but there unspoken words etc. You can tell a lot about what a person is thinking just by looking at them and observing their actions. Ok....I brought this up because I obviously am in the dark concering the method mentioned in the quote above in regards to chosing two new tribes etc. First why did they have to chose two new tribes...what was wrong with the original ones, and also.....where the original tribes upset over it having spent time previously making alliances that were now shattered? If someone could give me just a little insight into it I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

PS...Perhaps someday (if that day hasn't already come and I'm unaware of it) they will release season 4 on DVD, and I'll have a chance to fill the only gap I have in Survivor viewing. That would be cool. BTW.....was season 4 even worth the bother do to the outcome and it's winner? Share you opinion, and let me know.

Gotta Love that Scout scooberoo's Avatar
    There was no real reason for the twist in S4 other than it would shake up alliances. Maraamu only had five members, and Rotu had all eight. The most upset were Sean and Rob who were switched from Maraamu (along with Vecepia), all they did was complain, and sit on the beach making fun of everyone. They still made it to the merge! Sarah of Maraamu was probably hurt the most by the switch. She didn't switch and three Rotu's went to Maraamu. So there were only two original Maramuu's left. Sarah was lazy, too, and just pretty much gave up at that point, and was first voted out of the new tribe. Gina was the other original Maraamu who stayed. She was the last person who wasn't in the Rob/Sean/Sarah/Vecepia alliance, and she ended up being voted out sixth, when she probably would have been booted fourth. Oh, and it made Maraamu a tribe of four women and the oldest man. You should read up on the season to get the gist of it. IMO it was a very good season.

Vecepia used the "Under the Rader" technique to win the prize. I mean she REALLY was under the radar. Her catch phrase was "There's too much drama!"

I still remember Hunter's good-bye speech after their tribe went 0-5 and they thought it would be good to vote off the strongest player.

As for this season...well, I don't think the strength is as stacked as it was in S4, so maybe they won't need to redivide the teams.
    "Human beings were not meant to sit in little cubicles, staring at computer screens each day, filling out useless forms, and listening to 8 different bosses drone on about mission statements"

-- Peter Gibbons, Office Space --

I just wish I'd never heard or experienced the word Vecepia.

Leafsr1 - hiya! I recognize that movie in your avatar.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by scooberoo
    There was no real reason for the twist in S4 other than it would shake up alliances. Maraamu only had five members, and Rotu had all eight. The most upset were Sean and Rob who were switched from Maraamu (along with Vecepia), all they did was complain, and sit on the beach making fun of everyone. They still made it to the merge! Sarah of Maraamu was probably hurt the most by the switch. She didn't switch and three Rotu's went to Maraamu. So there were only two original Maramuu's left. Sarah was lazy, too, and just pretty much gave up at that point, and was first voted out of the new tribe. Gina was the other original Maraamu who stayed. She was the last person who wasn't in the Rob/Sean/Sarah/Vecepia alliance, and she ended up being voted out sixth, when she probably would have been booted fourth. Oh, and it made Maraamu a tribe of four women and the oldest man. You should read up on the season to get the gist of it. IMO it was a very good season.
    Hmmmm, very interesting. Thanks for your informative response. I'm still not sure how I feel about a tribe being so bad it forces a reshuffling of players. After all....this is a game called Survivor, and if you can't do what it takes to win the RC and IC's....well then you deserve to get the boot. Personally I don't get MB's need to rebalance the tribes. I don't think it makes for bad t.v. in the least to see a whole tribe get wiped out. Even if the tribes merged with only 2 or three people left in one you will still get the dynamics and drama within the stronger tribe when they start vying for individual immunity and turning on each other. Not only that, but it only takes say one to 3 people from the weaker tribe to come into the merge and shake up the alliances that were already established. One last thing regarding a weaker tribe going into the merge is if one of the remaining members of the nearly desimated tribe happens to be a viewers personal favorite, think how exciting it would be as a viewer if that person manages to be popular after the merge, making new friends, making new alliances etc., AND then goes on to win the whole game. Wow, talk about good t.v.! Most people like the underdogs, and to watch someone skillfully come back from near death in this game would be very dramatic, and IMO draw big ratings.

Aside from that...I will have to read up on S4 to get more familiar with what happened. Before I spend the time doing that though.....can someone explain Kathy's personality to me from S4. I see her mentioned a lot as someone who REALLY played the game well, and it is said by many that she should have won the game. What made her so good at Survivor, and is it a general concensus that she got robbed or screwed out of the win....and how so? I PROMISE I'll read up on S4, but I would really like to hear some opinions on Kathy....pro or con.

FORT Fogey
    I wonder if this season really will have a tribe switch. I am not really sure because there has been no signs that that is happening. It could though. But Rupert might cure Morgan's problems and then they won't need to!

I think this season will be a traditional merge, but that's more of a hope than anything.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast