+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Not a merge but new tribes (speculation...not spoilers)

Will MB have the youngest pick tribes again like S6?
    Jenna gave away a few secrets to Dave, that he was able to take advantage of for a short while.

Or will he pick the oldest to pick new tribes like S5?
    (at the beginning)

Or the random spot like S4?

I would hope that if MB is going to do a mix-up like this that he uses a different method.

I was wondering if he could use something like the mask or coconut challange , but throw the twist in that as people are eliminated, they are moved to different tribes. 1, 3, 5, ... to A tribe, 2, 4, 6, ... to B tribe. Not tell them that they are being moved until the end.

Quote Originally Posted by bobmac
    Will MB have the youngest pick tribes again like S6?
    Jenna gave away a few secrets to Dave, that he was able to take advantage of for a short while.

Or will he pick the oldest to pick new tribes like S5?
    (at the beginning)

Or the random spot like S4?

I would hope that if MB is going to do a mix-up like this that he uses a different method.

I was wondering if he could use something like the mask or coconut challange , but throw the twist in that as people are eliminated, they are moved to different tribes. 1, 3, 5, ... to A tribe, 2, 4, 6, ... to B tribe. Not tell them that they are being moved until the end.
    After tonights episode, and Morgan's third consecutive win I don't think MB will throw in a shakeup of the tribes. We are only only player short of being booted to merge at the "traditional" time, and I hope that's what happens. I don't think it's fair to the tribe alliances that have been formed, nor to the viewer to create such havoc just to boost ratings or help some pathetic tribe. MB needs to becareful when and where he pulls these "twists" because I think it could often backfire and create viewer apathy. Not to mention some players must get it into their heads that it's not even worth building alliances until after the merge because their is to great a chance of all that work being for naught. They could get a "why even bother" attitude thinking that MB will just ruin their plans. Moves likes this would definately effect the strategies of future potential contestants. My favorite Survivor series are always the ones where the "traditional" format is adhered too. Just let the drama in and between the tribes play out and great the sparks on the show that will grab the viewer. The only time I think a tribe member shakeup actually HELPED the show was in Survivor: Africa. When the two tribes exchanged three members each (shocking at the time...a true twist) it was no longer the young against the old which was dragging the show down big time. The younger tribe members layed around all day, the older members worked their butts off, and systematically got picked off. To me that was not the way the game is supposed to be played, and MB realized he had a big problem and did something about it. The difference between this twist in Survivor: Africa, and Pearl Islands is the Morgan tribe is totally hopeless (at least until recently), but they are and where balanced fairly in the beginning. Too boot someone because they are completely inept is one thing....that's part of the game. To boot someone who is working harder, playing the game better, but just happens to be older is wrong in my opinion. That is just plain discriminatory. It totally reminds me of two young spoiled brat children giving their parents the boot (metaphorically speaking of course....) because they didn't want to be told to clean their room or do their chores. In Survivor: Africa the one tribes younger members didn't like the older members with responsbily telling them they needed to get up out of bed (so to speak) and help with sustaining the tribe. They thought the older members had attitude problems, so they decided to get rid of them. I'm betting MB viewed footage of what was going on, and thought to himself "I'll show these punk kids how it works around here"....hence the twist. It was the best thing that happened to that Survivor season, and viewing got MUCH better from that point forward. Pearl Islands is going along just fine now, and there is no need for such a twist, and I pray they just leave things alone, and let it play out naturally.

and we will see how Morgan will try to get Rupert to their side but probably would fail... Rupert is the man

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123