+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Not a merge but new tribes (speculation...not spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by John
    I think this season will be a traditional merge, but that's more of a hope than anything.
    I agree. I hated the fake merge in S5. I also don't think there will be a switch. I am wondering if the winning IC team will continue to select a member for a visit. It's like a mini switch. They live and compete in RC for other tribe then go back to original tribe to compete in IC.

Quote Originally Posted by Idol Critic
    I'm sad to say that although I watched every episode of season's 1-3, and 5-7 (as of today), I missed the entire fourth season due to some serious issues in my life at the time.

P

You didn't miss much. That's the only season that I watched sporatically. I didn't like it at all. The people were boring, not much eye candy to look at, and the challenges were not very imaginative. I'm thinking it was their lowest rated season.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

I think they'll probably have the traditional merge when there are ten people left. It seems as though the opposing tribes will know as much about each other as in previous years without a tribe "switch", thanks to the Rupert switch and the looting. The challenges have all been more confrontational too, so there could be some animosity between players. I didn't like some of the switches anyway (especially the random ones), as it seemed that some teams were punished for nothing. The Rupert switch makes more sense, as Drake lost the IC themselves and Jeff had already said there was something extra for the winner.
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

Premium Member
    Idol Critic said:Aside from that...I will have to read up on S4 to get more familiar with what happened. Before I spend the time doing that though.....can someone explain Kathy's personality to me from S4. I see her mentioned a lot as someone who REALLY played the game well, and it is said by many that she should have won the game. What made her so good at Survivor, and is it a general concensus that she got robbed or screwed out of the win....and how so? I PROMISE I'll read up on S4, but I would really like to hear some opinions on Kathy....pro or con."

Hello Idol Critic,
    Kathy was a good player from the start, both physically and mentally, her tribe won the first 3 challenges and were up 8 to 5, then, as someone mentioned earlier, the tribes had to stand on disc's with a certain color, she ended up on the 5 person tribe. She still made it through to the merge. After the merge, there was a hardcore 4 person alliance (which she was not in) her tribemate Neleh organized a power shift, then the alliance of 4 were eliminated, leaving Kathy in the final 5. The whole time she was busting her butt, always working. She eventually made it to the final 3, the challenge was some sort of an endurance challenge, her 2 competitors, Vecepia and Neleh cut a deal, right there out in the open, to guarantee each other to go to the final 2. It is a shame, Kathy was a great player, always seemed like she was on the outside, and made it pretty far. She has always been one of my 5 or 6 personal favorites. I believe if she had made it to the final 2, regardless if it was against V or Neleh, she would have won 6-1.
    Funny enough, I really don't think she was ever in a true alliance during this. If there was ever an All Star Survivor, I would love to see her there, and I imagine that she would be my odds on favorite to win..
    Last edited by Roz_City; 10-13-2003 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roz_City
    Idol Critic said:Aside from that...I will have to read up on S4 to get more familiar with what happened. Before I spend the time doing that though.....can someone explain Kathy's personality to me from S4. I see her mentioned a lot as someone who REALLY played the game well, and it is said by many that she should have won the game. What made her so good at Survivor, and is it a general concensus that she got robbed or screwed out of the win....and how so? I PROMISE I'll read up on S4, but I would really like to hear some opinions on Kathy....pro or con."

Hello Idol Critic,
    Kathy was a good player from the start, both physically and mentally, her tribe won the first 3 challenges and were up 8 to 5, then, as someone mentioned earlier, the tribes had to stand on disc's with a certain color, she ended up on the 5 person tribe. She still made it through to the merge. After the merge, there was a hardcore 4 person alliance (which she was not in) her tribemate Neleh organized a power shift, then the alliance of 4 were eliminated, leaving Kathy in the final 5. The whole time she was busting her butt, always working. She eventually made it to the final 3, the challenge was some sort of an endurance challenge, her 2 competitors, Vecepia and Neleh cut a deal, right there out in the open, to guarantee each other to go to the final 2. It is a shame, Kathy was a great player, always seemed like she was on the outside, and made it pretty far. She has always been one of my 5 or 6 personal favorites. I believe if she had made it to the final 2, regardless if it was against V or Neleh, she would have won 6-1.
    Funny enough, I really don't think she was ever in a true alliance during this. If there was ever an All Star Survivor, I would love to see her there, and I imagine that she would be my odds on favorite to win..

Thanks a lot Roz! That was a great explaination of who she was and how she did on the show. I gain a lot of insight into here personality from the way you explained her role in S4. I really appreciate it....thanks!

P.S. If they do have the All Star Survivor (which everything I've read so far leads toward that reality) I hope she is included. She sounds interesting, and would be fun to watch. Let's hope she gets her second chance.

If Morgan keeps losing they might 'have' to do something like that to shake up the game a little. I do feel sorry for Morgan ... some of them try so hard.
    Any day now...

Quote Originally Posted by John
    I think this season will be a traditional merge, but that's more of a hope than anything.
    I'm hoping for the same thing.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Hello Idol Critic,
    Well, just to add a little balance. Kathy was a deserving win type player, really anyone beside Vee in my opinion, but she was not above cutting deals in the open herself, which is what made her excuse the one Neleh and Vee made.

Secondly, yes, she did this all alone, and that is inexcusable in Survivor, she needed to make alliances, and she rarely did. She was always on the outside. At first that can work, but at the end, you cannot make the final two just because of what Rox says, both Neleh and Vee knew they would lose to her in a vote, so why take her? Not everyone is as dense as Colby.

I liked her, thought she was a good person, but she caused herself to lose IMO.

The player who got outright screwed that season was Pappy, with the purple rock of fate.

Overall though, it was one of my favorite seasons.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

I loved it too Bill - it's definitely one of the most underrated seasons.

The downfall of the Rotu 4 was one of the greatest moments in Survivor history. RARELY do players wake up and band together to overthrow a strong alliance. Neleh orchestrated that beautifully.

Vee winning sucked. Even Sean R would have been a better victor, IMHO.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

If there was ever an All Star Survivor, I would love to see her there, and I imagine that she would be my odds on favorite to win..
    I would LOVE to see RUpert and Kathy on an all-star survivor. Their enthusiasm would be so great!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast